Beiträge von alib

^^

You're right it don't switch to real 4/3 on my philips, but it gives a good crop that is a good compromise i think.
    I didn't found the correct value to force real 4/3 on my philips as 4/3 goes to super 4/3 ( more streched at the extremity than at the center of picture, but i hate this mode ).

I don't think there's a special WSS to make the difference between 4/3 and their "optimized 4/3 ". So the 0x0e is a better solution for me

Have it selectebale is a good idea

pretty good result.
    I always tryed to find correct value blindly but never succeed.

Thanks a lot for this tip.

The second issue is tweaked by setting up mplayer in 4:3 output and then avards gives correct adaptation, but i loose some lines in quality i think.

Hello

Sorry to speak in english.

The avards plugin works well, format is always detected ok ( can see in the osd the formt is ok ) .

By the way, i encounter 2 annoying problems:

- when it's true 4:3 format, it switches to Super 4/3 ( kind of stretched 4:3 but i'm tired to see fat people on tv ^^ ).
    I'd like to force the auto switch to true 4:3 without stretching.
    First i thougt it was the Tv fault ( a samsung lcd 32R51B ), but i have a new one ( a Philips LCD full hd 42'' ) and there's still the same problem.

Now my Samsung is connected to my Adsl TV set top box, and the 4:3 switche ok when tv is set to auto zoom ( no super 4:3 anymore ).

I have no explanation on that and still have doubt that avards is involved.

- problem with mplayer plugin : When mplayer.sh.conf from mplayer plugin is set to 16:9 output, avards still detect a 4:3 format and zoom the image ( in 16/9 zoom ) while playing a video. So it strech the picture.

But mplayer give 16:9 output on the screen if i disable avards while playing video, and tv stays on the good output format. Perhaps the easiest way would be to automatically disable avards when mplayer is launched, and reenable it after quitting.

Thanks for your advice.

Hello

Congratulation for your great works.

I've jsut test it and it looks really promising.

Little feedback, i use it with a remote Itunes daap server from the Mac on the network.

First time i launch vdr, it crashes at startup with seg fault :

If i relaunch runvdr just after , it doesn't crash.

Good luck

I'm always up to date ;)
    so latest cvs drivers, latest vdr etc.

But this problem has occured since the first version of Enigma.

I'm in 600x430 for the OSD area.
    I've tryed to use other osd area really little to check if it changes something but no improvement.

What could explain perhaps is when video is resized, it use

VO: [mpegpes] 688x576 => 1024x576 Mpeg PES

But i have to say i don't have any idea of why this problem occurs. But i'm not alone.

EDIT: Ok , made a test , it seems if i change in the mplayer.sh.conf the parameter above :

Zitat

XResPAL=(352 480 528 544 688 720)
    XResNTSC=(352 480 512 640 720)

by

Zitat

#XResPAL=(352 480 528 544)
    #XResNTSC=(352 480 512)

The problem doesn't occurs anymore;

That would explain why you don't encounter this problem on your side, i think you use low cpu parameter or you already downgrade the max resolution like above, isn't it ?

Now, why this doesnt occurs with other skins. I still don't know, will give a look on my side too.
    Does the OSD resolution in Enigma is dynamic depending of the video output resolution ? That should be one way to explore i think.

Hi thanks for your answer

in fact it happens with either ntsc or pal, i think it's more based on the video size. I have to say i use mplayer.sh with 16/9 output.

Here is the screen :

[Blockierte Grafik: http://xmltv.Free.fr/vdradmin]

the video in this example have a 592x320 size.

Here is the resize log of mplayer.sh for this video example:

As another example , for a 640x480 video, ( mplayer.sh don't need to resize anything so ) , everything is correct.

This problem doesn't happend if i use another skin strangely.

Hello

Thanks a lot for your great work on this skin.

I've changed the original icon many month ago and never shared it with you. Perhaps you would be interested to use them instead as an alternative.

Here they are :

http://xmltv.free.fr/vdr-pack/icons.rar

You can grab french channels logo too if you want to add them directly to your pack.

http://xmltv.Free.fr/logos/hqlogos-fr.rar

Finally last little question:

We have a little problem with the skin while using mplayer plugin. In fact it depends of the resolution of the video we play, but if you press menu, we only have the first 2-3 lines of the menu. I've investigate on this and didn't find any good reason on why it happens.
    I use it with non modded card.

Best regards

The problem is when you pause ( and have automatic replay mode enabled ), you can only pause trought the Live Buffer ( And i prefer this pause system than the original one, the original one is not really usr friendly as my wife always forget to stop the recording after ).

If i pause, and i have a phone call for example, i won't know before that i will pause more than 2 mn ( it's my live buffer limit ) .
    So it will automatically restart the pause while i'm away, and i will loose some precious minutes of my movie.

Perhaps thisbehavior should be set on the setup menu, like "Automatic Intant Recording when buffer is full" yes/no

Or perhaps ( and better ) we can define a second recording folder like /video/Livebuffer2 , first ( /video/LiveBuffer ) is in ramdisk , and if full because of a pause, it start to write in the second directory that is in hardrive but without any size limitation.

Then we won't use Instant Recording, but normal Live Buffer recording on hardrive.
    But for those who use it in ram, 99% of the time it record in ram, and sometimes when needed it use the hardrive.

And everything looks user friendly .

My 2 cents.

You're The One. :)

Works like a charm now.
    Thanks a lot.

May i make a suggestion ?

I use your patch in a ramdisk. I didn't test with harddisk if the behavior is the same.
    Imagine i use a 32 Mo livebuffer, that give around 1 mn of video.
    When i pause with LB more than 1 minutes, when the buffer is full, it start to play automatically.
    Don't you think it should be better to transfert the livebuffer pause in a normal vdr pause on harddisk ?

Then after why not adding a feature like if the normal pause start to join the Livebuffer capability ( because you've done fast forward ) it could goes again automatically in LB mode ( without having to stop recording and replaying from the menu ) .

hello Thomas,

i've made some more test to clear this:

All test without any plugin:

vdr-1.3.31 vanilla + vdr-1.3.31-enAIO-and-subtitles-0.3.8-and-ttxtsubs-0.0.5-and-Livebuffer-0.1.0.diff -> Everything is ok with LB ON.

vdr-1.3.32 vanilla + vdr-1.3.32-LiveBuffer-0.1.1.diff -> Everything is ok with LB ON

vdr-1.3.32 vanilla + vdr-1.3.32-enAIO-2.6-and-subtitles-0.3.8-and-ttxtsubs-0.0.5-and-Livebuffer-0.1.1.diff -> everything goes mad with LB ON, everything ok with LB-OFF ( playing recordings is ok too )

I still have the SetBrokenLink: no GOP header found in video packet
    in the log while playing recording , but no problm with this.

Hopes it helps.

Hello

i have a big problem with the LB 0.1.1 and vdr-1.3.32.
    This doesn't happend with 1.3.31

As soon as i activate the LB, the current channel is jerky with glitches and the log give this :

Sep 12 12:26:43 mediabox vdr[18011]: dvbplayer thread started (pid=18011, tid=327701)
    Sep 12 12:26:43 mediabox vdr[18012]: non blocking file reader thread started (pid=18012, tid=344086)
    Sep 12 12:26:43 mediabox vdr[18011]: SetBrokenLink: no GOP header found in video packet
    Sep 12 12:26:44 mediabox vdr[18011]: setting audio track to 1 (0)
    Sep 12 12:26:45 mediabox vdr[18011]: SetBrokenLink: no GOP header found in video packet
    Sep 12 12:26:45 mediabox vdr[18001]: cAudioRepacker(0xC0): skipped 892 bytes while syncing on next audio frame
    Sep 12 12:26:45 mediabox vdr[18007]: cAudioRepacker(0xC0): skipped 892 bytes while syncing on next audio frame
    Sep 12 12:26:45 mediabox vdr[18009]: cAudioRepacker(0xC0): skipped 892 bytes while syncing on next audio frame

Then after a few, vdr crash.

Am i alone with this problem ?

Thanks

sorry for my bad english to as i'm actually french ;).

About the external decoder problem, sure i've setted the parameter to false.
    But perhaps it's an external problm, i've made registry change yesterday and perhaps it comes from there.
    Will investigate on this.

Sorry if my channels.conf problem was reported before, german translation with google translate funny things often. :)

Hi,

Many greats for your work on this.
    I've tryed and the video plays really smootlhly.

I have to report some issues :

My channels.conf have channel structure like this :

As you can see channels number are not based on incremental value only, but use the flag number ( @300 Cinema as example ) to make jump on the channels number.

But vdrmediaclient seems to only check channel number line position.
    For example he see CINESTAR;TPS as channel 98 against the 300 number it should have.

Then if vdrmediaclient call channel 98 it can't work.

- second thing, i can't use the external decoder of my choice, it seems it doesn't care of the parameter. I've putted Nvidia decoder and it still used the Mpeg2dec filter after relaunching the application. It was working in 0.0.5beta.

Nice work anyway.

Cheers

Hi ,

I changed the requant call by tcrequant wich is faster and give better results ( and not floating point crash ) :

in process-dvd.c , replace line 137 :

Code
    SetCmdline("requant %.2f < %s > %s/VDRSYNC.%d/requant.mpv", factor, 
       tracks[0].Filename, TempDir(), rec->Number());

by

Code
    SetCmdline("tcrequant -f %.2f -i %s -o %s/VDRSYNC.%d/requant.mpv", factor, 
         tracks[0].Filename, TempDir(), rec->Number());

Perhaps you'd like to add this to your patch.

Second point , i have really bad performance with the "nice" usage. Making a dvd without takes like 15-20 mn here, with the "nice" call it takes hours. Do you think it should be possible to make this parameter configurable at compile time or in the plugin menu ? ( with nice, or without ) ?

regards

the video output is 640x480 16 bits, DirectFB crash the xbox with out of memory error when using anything bigger.
    With Vesa FB it works in 720x576 but it's farly too slow to be usable.

There's a little overscan to fit the whole TV screen so.
    The output is not interlaced ( the deinterlace is done by ffmpeg ), we didn't succeed to have a true interlaced signal with the xbox.

to compile your own plugin, you need to install xebian on your xbox and build as usual, then boot with the Xvdr, mount your xebian partition , copy the binaries in the /VdrBox/VDR/PLUGINS/lib/ of your Xvdr , and that's all.

No change to Xine, only using df_xine as frontend, it's a DirectFB Xine player, that allow us to not use X11 and save some space and ressources.

Hi,

here is a mini-linux for Xbox dedicated as a streamdev client.
    Based in xebian, you launch it as a normal .xbe application.
    It use vdr-1.3.22 , streamdev-client 0.3.4 , Xine plugin , Directfb with df_xine.

You need an xbox remote control to use it. Or at least, you can use svdrp with a second vdradmin session on your server isntalled to control the xbox.

http://xmltv.free.fr/Xvdr

readme:

v 0.2.0:
    Migration to Xine plugin + df_xine ( xine for DirectFB ) : Skins support, better video fluidity.

v 0.1.0:
    First version, DirectFB + hacked Softdevice ( audio glitches, bad skin support, and not smooth)

Prerequires:
    * An Xbox
    * With modchips it's better
    * A dashboard like Evox, XBMC, or anything else that support launching apps.
    * an Xbox remote control kit (like i laready said, pads are not working.... it's in project, but not in the priorities)

so, for the install :

* Download XVDR and unrar it.
    * Don't forget to set Xbox clock for the EPG!!
    * Transfer the debian folder with FTP in the E driver ( and not F ) to obtain "E:\debian"
    * Edit your Evox.ini file or other dashboard config file to add the menu entry to e:\debian\default.xbe
    * Edit the linuxboot.cfg file to modify the "xbox_ip=192.168.0.6" parameter with your xbox ip. ( for ssh/ftp access and VDR server access)
    * Launch Linux/VDR
    * Connect with ftp to your xbox ip, user: root / password : xebian and put your own channels.conf in /VdrBox/VDRConf, and your logos in skins directories.
    * Set in the streamdev configuration menu ( ( Configuration/ Plugins / Streamdev ) your VDR server ip. You will probably have to restart vdr on the xobx to make the changes working.

For version 1:

DON'T USE streamdev multipid/filter and softdevice deinterlace mode.... Or it won't be usable at all.

For version 2:
    Multipid is supported.

Remote control map:

Display --> Power
    Reverse --> Volume -
    Play --> Mute
    Forward --> Volume +
    (useless as Xbox audio chipset don't have hardware mixer)
    Skip - --> Red
    Stop --> Green
    Pause --> Yellow
    Skip + --> Blue
    Title --> Nothing or User1, i don't remember
    Info --> Idem
    Haut,Bas,Gauche,Droite --> Haut,Bas,Gauche,Droite (c'est bien fait quand meme!!)
    Up,Down,Left,Right --> Up, Down, Left, Right what a coincidence...
    Select --> Ok
    Menu --> Menu (
    Back --> Back

0 ~ 9 --> 0 ~ 9