Beiträge von jinx

I have a suggestion... On your channel display view, change "576" to "SDTV". 576 is PAL only but about 1/3 of the world uses ATSC or NTSC where 480 is SD. Since anything <720 is SD, it seems "SDTV" is the most accurate tag to use over "576".

I had to use a translator to try to understand this thread so bare with me... If you can use the mkv container, use that instead. You won't even need to bother joining the streams, you can just stick them all in a single container appended. For future reference, mkv is a far more capable & feature-rich container than mp4. Unless you're using some crippled player that only takes mp4, mkv should be your first choice.

lol!

Zitat

When i developed nOpacity, obviously i handeled this issue correctly (normally SetItemEvent is called by VDR, but in case of a day separator no event object is available, so SetItem() is called). But in parallel i developed a solution together with Wini, the author of the epgsearch Plugin, that EPGSearch (when replacing the original VDR schedules menu) also calls SetItemEvent and provides a Dummy event Object in case of a day separator. The skindesigner code is based on the nopacity code, but in this area some things have changed. So now skindesigner handles this not correctly anymore. Obviously everybody is using the epgsearch Plugin and replaces the schedules menu, so this bug was realized only by you ;)

Ahh, now it finally makes more sense! Until now it seemed really mysterious. I think it also explains why it worked randomly -- depends on what time of day I check Schedule, and if the day changes during that view? :)

Zitat

As a quick fix: could you try to install the epgsearch Plugin and replace the original VDR schedules menu with the epgsearch schedules menu? Then the problems should be gone...for sure i'll also look for a proper implementation in skindesigner handling this case correctly in the next days...

I tried this just to test but it only worked from main menu->Program Guide. When I set "replace original schedule" to yes and then opened the Schedule with the green button the remote, the broken Schedule was displayed, not the epgsearch version. Maybe there's a bug in epgsearch now @ replacing the stock Schedule with its own? At any rate, I'll wait for the proper fix since I don't want epgsearch replacing anything.

Zitat

Thanks for helping debugging ;) Cheers Louis

No, no! You did all the real work, I just pasted logs! Thanks 100x for the effort to solve this! Now we can finally have something to see in Schedule view again! The WAF will go back up now and everyone knows the higher the WAF, the better for everyone! :D

Zitat

We have now to approaches: you could try to check why some items of the list are not set. Normally VDR deliveres a continuous list. For me the reason for that seems to be the way how you achiev your EPG data.

How do I check that? Also, do you need my epg.data file? Does it still look like a timing/threading issue, or old way vs. new way issue?

Zitat

Second point is that this not continuous menu items seem to puzzle skindesigner. I have to check why, currently i have no idea why this causes these strange effects

This sounds like I should just wait for further instruction. And it's getting late here. I think my brain is ready for shutdown/sleepmode. :]

Didn't crash! :)

This is the same as before... Restart vdr, open Schedule, short pause, press down arrow.

Restart vdr and open Schedule menu, no text and no blue highlight bar:

And when I press down arrow, blue highlight bar appears but no text:

Zitat

We have to encircle the problem step by step...after i see the results i think we have to do some more debugging ;)

I'll add as many debugging lines as you like! :]

I added your newest logging patch, recompiled, and restarted vdr (with only vdr-softhddevice and skindesigner-0.4.4-git.c5edc10f). Currently using the metrixhd skin.

Schedule menu was empty and there was no blue highlight bar:

If I press down arrow on the remote, the blue highlight bar appears but there still no text. This was added to the log:

Unfortunately I don't have any logs yet from what Schedule works, cuz I couldn't get it to work. As soon as it decides to work, I'll post the log. Also, I don't know if this matters at all but I'm using VDPAU with an Nvidia video card. Just trying to think of any differences or anything that might have any significance at all.

Thanks!

I just did some more testing, with odd results.. I did a restart of vdr to start off fresh .The Schedule menu started displaying correctly but only on my initial channel at startup. If I change channels and open the Schedule menu, it's empty. If I tune back to my initial channel and open Schedules, it's there again. My initial channel is set automatically (setting CurrentChannel in setup.conf) by my tv script so vdr starts on the channel that carries the 10-day guide. I tried tuning other channels on the same transponder and they all had an empty Schedule menu when I opened it. Then I tried changing my initial channel and restarted vdr. The Schedule menu was empty. I tune the channel that carries the 10-day guide and Schedule was displayed correctly.

Next, I restarted vdr without vdr-eepg at all. I got the exact same behavior. The Schedule menu was only displayed correctly when tuned to the initial channel vdr starts on. This is happening with only vdr, vdr-softhddevice, and vdr-skindesigner running!

Another strange observation is when I tune a non-init channel (CNN for example) and open the Schedule menu, the logging from the displaymenu.c debugging patch you sent me shows the correct epg data even though it's not being displayed:

So it seems this problem is happening even without vdr-eepg running, and the behavior is inconsistent & confusing. To be sure that using 64bit isn't somehow causing this, I did the same tests on a 32bit vdr box and got the same results. I'm not sure what other testing I can do. If anyone has any suggestions, they're greatly appreciated!

Hi,

since i never heared about such problems from other users, i think this issue is somehow related with that. Maybe this way of populating the EPG is different to any other way, i don't know.

I can't see how that's possible. If there was a problem with epg.data, how come the stock VDR skins, and text2skin display it fine? The problem only occurs with skindesigner skins, and only the Schedule menu.

Zitat

Additionally you suppressed the fact that with debug output added to skindesigner sometimes it works...for me that shows clearly that there is some kind of a timing issue. May be in conjunction with eepg plugin.

I didn't mention the debug output because after further testing it doesn't seem to have any affect. Sometimes (rarely) the Schedules menu does display correctly in skindesigner, but that's true regardless of adding debug output. For example, when you first mention it, Schedules started working. But just before I posted today I added it again after a fresh compile and Schedule was still empty afterwards.

Zitat

Is it possible that you populate your epg "natively" by vdr methods? Just to check if eepg is the reason...

It's not possible. My provider uses a proprietary encoding on epg data. Because of that, stock VDR will never be able to populate the epg here. But again, the pics show the data is there. It's only skindesigner that doesn't display it correctly in the Schedule menu most of the time. Your idea about timing/threading seems more likely than anything. Or the old way (stock VDR, text2skin) vs. the new way (skindesigner method). The root cause must be somewhere in there. Or maybe it has something to do with 64bit somehow like that memory leak from this thread:
    Etwas frist Speicher VDR, Streamdev, SoftHdDevice, ffmpeg, VDPAU? VDR

Hopefully someone here can offer a new idea, or help us move forward to solving it. :(

Hi. I've been experiencing a problem where the Schedules menu is almost always empty with any skin using skindesigner. If I switch to a stock skin (like Classic VDR), or anthra+text2skin, the Schedules menu displays just fine. I populate my epg.data using the vdr-eepg plugin, but I don't think that matters at all considering the Schedules menu is only broken with skindesigner skins. Louis, the skindesigner author, said the VDR itself and text2skin use the `old` way to build menus and that skindesigner uses the `new` way. He could explain that better but he suspects there may be a threading/timing issue causing this. He recommended I post here since we haven't been able to figure it out ourselves so far. Below are some quick pics I took that show the problem, and also show that the epg data is just fine/not the problem.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

System running debian testing 64bit, vdr-2.2.0, skindesigner-0.4.4-git.5cacee08, eepg-0.0.6pre-git.9cd9a75a, gcc 4.9.2-10, in case any of that matters...

press OK, everything is fine:

open Schedule menu and the epg data is MISSING!

press OK in Schedule menu and show info is just fine:

open What's On Now menu, epg data is just fine:

change to Classic VDR skin and open Schedule menu again, this time epg data is there: