Beiträge von jinx

Hi. I noticed certain skins (blackhole for example) were incorrectly displaying my sd channels as 576i (PAL sd). NTSC/ATSC sd is 480i. I noticed skindesigner itself didn't have NTSC/ATSC sd support so I patched it and modified the ico_sd576i.svg icon for 480i. I sent both the patch and icon to Louis for his review/commit. I figured I would mention this here as well so anyone else using icons to display resolution will know to include an ico_sd480i.svg (or whatever) for non-PAL users. :)

Thanks

I've found a problem in one of your Makefiles but the forum won't let me PM you. You can PM me for further details.

I'm now testing this on one of my VDR boxes and I like it! I also like the idea of using high res/high color graphics for menu items rather than a text list. MetrixHD cracked the door open, hopefully we'll see some great skin experiments. ;)

I have both enabled:

CONFIG += -DUSE_MPEG_COMPLETE # support only complete mpeg packets
    CONFIG += -DH264_EOS_TRICKSPEED # insert seq end packets for trickspeed

IIRC, ffw/rew'ing h264 doesn't work without trickspeed and thumbnails aren't updated properly without USE_MPEG_COMPLETE. Again, that's IIRC.

Btw, I grabbed a fresh ffmpeg git clone the other day (2.7-git+3f87a170), recompiled everything and so far so good.

Thanks for this skin! One of my VDR boxes has very little resources and this will be great for it. But, VDR crashes as soon as try to open any osd except the one that opens with the OK button. I can't open the main menu, schedules, recordings, etc.. There's nothing in the VDR log. I'm using skindesigner-0.6.2-git.d9c5219f. Other skins (such as metrixhd for example) work just fine.

If you're talking about adding mpv command line options to the plugin, why not have the ability to pass any of them like this:

--cli opt1=abc,opt2=bcd,opt3=cde

Split the "," with " --". A real example could look like:

--cli no-cache,fullscreen,no-config,input-file=/dev/stdin,input-terminal=no,demuxer=mkv,demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll,vo=vdpau,hwdec=vdpau,ao=alsa:device=default,audio-channels=6,aid=1,no-sub-visibility,sub-paths=subs

The is a real mpv command line my script generated:
    --no-cache --fullscreen --no-config --input-file=/dev/stdin --input-terminal=no --demuxer=mkv --demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll --vo=vdpau --hwdec=vdpau --ao=alsa:device=default --audio-channels=6 --aid=1 --no-sub-visibility --sub-paths=subs

Also, about script. A lot of guys use a script to generate their mpv command line based on things like file extention (mkv, avi, mp4, jpg, etc).. Showing a still image uses a different command line from playing a video. Playing an mkv might use a different demuxer than avi. Playing interlaced video might add deinterlace commands to the command line that you wouldnt want with progressive video.. I think a good idea would be to support running an external script (the way vdr-mplayer launches mplayer.sh) except instead of the script launching mpv, it returns the generated command line that vdr-mpv should start mpv with. This way people can still completely customize settings and all vdr-mpv has to do is format the command line correctly before passing it to mpv.

Just a quick comment.. The mpv-player devs have been wanting to get rid of that dvd/bd stuff for a long time. I've seen them talking about it on irc many times. I think there's almost no chance they'll change their mind, they're looking forward to kissing it goodbye. :)

Two quick things...

First, I played an .avi earlier and when I pressed stop to return to live tv, the plugin froze.

Also, would it at least be possible to allow the user to set a root dir for the browser instead of "/".. For example, I would like the browser to never go higher than my /mnt/lan dir. In addition, since the color buttons don't have any function in the browser, could you make say the yellow button jump back to the root browser dir? This is very convenient for times when you are deep down in subdirs so you don't have to navigate all the way back out, you can simply press yellow and you jump immediately out to the root dir. Without it navigation sucks. :(

Thanks

Zitat

Ok, for music videos and audio playlists i understand your need for the pt_step. But episodes of tv series may also have chapters in it.
    There will be an option (with is enabled by default) in the next version for handling this. If there are chapters the prev/next key will skip chapters, if there are no chapters they will skip playlist items.
    Another option is to exchange the playlist and chapter keys on the prev/next keys.

That sounds like a good solution.

Zitat

Ok, I will add the .playlist extension to the list. But I won't start to add special options based on tags in the filenames.

About a shuffle option I could imagine to add it to the filebrowser, e.g. if a playlist is started with Ok it's just played. If you use red (or another key which makes sense here) the shuffle option will be added to the mpv command line.

That's good too, better than using tags in the filename!

Regarding the playlists. I've identified the following playlists file endings which I would insert the playlist filter in mpv for: m3u, ini, pls, txt

Are there more I didn't mentioned?

Here's something to consider.. I make a playlist and name it something like "favorites.playlist". Then I make a symlink from "favorites.shuffle.playlist" -> "favorites.playlist". Then in my mpv.sh script, if the filename ends with ".playlist", I add the "--playlist=" command line option. If the filename ends with ".shuffle.playlist", I add "--shuffle" to the command line. This method has worked very well for us using vdr-mplayer+mpv-player.

Zitat

The target of mpv is to replay movie files and not audio, which will work also.

This is not really true, mpv-player was forked from mplayer2 (by many of the same devs) so changes could be adopted much quicker and without much care to backward compatibility for old systems. It's meant to be a full media player, not just a movie player. People use it for playing audio/mp3/mp4/flac just as much as they do anything else. If you have any doubt, just ask the mpv-player devs in #mpv on freenode irc!

Zitat

I wonder if you would organize your movies in playlist files and jump through them using the next and previous keys?

We use playlists in 3 ways here... For episodes in tv series, for music videos, and for audio playlists. Playlists are used very often in my house.

The skip keys are already used for next/previous chapter.

I think a better idea than putting skipping/pt_step on 1 and 3, is to have its behavior conditional. If a playlist is being played, skip keys should perform skipping (using pt_step). If a dvd is playing, skip keys should perform prev/next chapter. That's normal expected behavior, and should be fairly easy to do.

Another thing I'd like to suggest for the TODO list is adding the ability to toggle between surround sound and stereo dowmix. It's a common feature, and something you find for example, in softhddevice. vdr-mpv however should not rely on softhddevices setting for this - it's makes no sense to require someone to change softhddevice settings to affect mpv-player playback.

I've been using mpv-player for some time via the vdr-mplayer plugin. The reason I never switched to vdr-play was because I like the flexibility to define the root dir tree however I like in vdr-mplayers mplayersources.conf, not just point to a single dir and whatevers in there is the root dir tree. vdr-mplayer is more flexible in defining sources but can't display vdrs osd during playback, and is heavier than it needs to be (theres no need for a dedicated mp3 player). vdr-play can display vdrs osd over playback but has a limiting way of defining sources (or rather just a root dir). The best would be a vdr-mpv plugin that supported libmpv and all the real-time functions, and allowed users to define sources in a flexible way like vdr-mplayer does. I wouldn't even bother with optical playback although some guys somewhere may still use it.