Beiträge von corvy

Both Sony and Phillips have won many price versus picture tests in Norway. Samsung is not a cheaper option. But they (all mentioned) do good quality TVs for sure. Panasonic as-well deserves a mention. :) And LG.

If you only want the great picture at high price go for B&O or Loewe. Wonderful!

Yes, I kind of agree. My preferred smart TV these days is an OSMC box with Kodi. Great little thing. Soon it will have Netflix as-well. In the meantime I have this box together with a Chromecast. Then I have 4K support all the way and great speed and stability combined with the best TV picture. Kodi on the Smart TV is not as snappy and well performing as on the OSMC. Best thing is that I can control it with the TV remote over the HDMI cable. My wife doesnt even know its a separate box! :O

Ok thanks kls :)

I think TV2 HD would be one to send this as it seems to be one that is reccommended from the Cable provider but how could I find out what transponder is suitable? Futhermore, when I put the CAM in the TV it was on TV2 HD for just 10-12 minutes and it decoded. I tried the same channel/transponder on VDR and it is one that is watched quite a bit so if this is actually transmitting updates we should have gotten it a long time ago....

Buy a TV with Android and run Kodi, that is what I do and it works perfect. For 4k you might need something more powerful. Sony and Philips are better choises than Samsung.

Hello!

I have a 2.4.0 installation with patches for ddci2 (vdr-2.4.0-06-fix-channel-switch.diff and vdr-2-4-0-camtweaks-1.patch) and it has been working perfect until a few days ago. Then I get "no access" error to all channels. When I see the CAM menu I find that my subscriptions are expired and no new updates over the DVB-C network. Just as a workaround I tried to move the CAM and CI access card to my TV and after about 15 minutes the decoding works again. Moved the CAM and CI back to VDR and now everything is perfect again. :)

So my question is why does it not update the subscription over the network? How I can debug it? The card reader is from DD (DD DuoFlex CI).

Hello, I have been working with a new config of VDR with 2.4.0 version and ddci2. Kernel 4.19.2. It has been working fine for a while but last 2 days I have had two freezes. Anyone seen errors like this?

Seems my files are all OK :)

Ok grand, thanks for the tips! I will apply the patch and do some more testing. The recordings were also on a NTFS volume, moved that away and over to Btrfs so hopefully that will solve some issues. Chekts is a good tips, thanks!

Was there a good reason to be a new kernel? Was there some patches or updates applied there? I do not quite understand the statements around that.

Hello! :) I have also the Digital Devices cards with the DuoFlex CI card reader. I have been running fine now for a few days with the patch for enabling dual-channel descramble and MTD with VDR 2.4.0 but my German is not so good and Google translate is not perfect either. Right now I am on Linux Kernel 4.19.2 since I kind-of gathered that I needed a new driver based on what I read in this thread.

Sometimes I get some stuttering, especially if I watch on two clients at one time, or I do recording at the same time as watch another channel. Some very few times the stream freeze. To try and fix this I upgraded to kernel 4.19.2 and I wonder do I need the patch referenced above?

https://www.vdr-portal.de/inde…0-fix-shared-capids-diff/

From before I run the vdr-2-4-0-camtweaks-1.patch and the vdr-2.4.0-06-fix-channel-switch.diff and also the latest EPG fix patch from Klaus.

Would this aditional patch be needed or is the new driver from updated kernel enough? If someone could explain what is the conclusion from the last ~40 posts in this thread I would be very grateful!

kls Thanks for your help! EPG is working great now!

haraldov vdr is my only choice due to MTD support only working on VDR. I love the fact that dvblink/tvmosaic creates images in kodi for recordings, and GUI candy in EPG would be nice; but for now this looks like a very stable solution. Much faster than any VDR solution I have used to date AND I do not have to manually struggle to get all the EPG matched from XMLTV....

Thanks to all for helping!

I cannot get it to save my settings for some reason. I finally managed to add the channel (right arrow to "selected" was the step I did not understand!) then I get the option to map the channel to EPG source. So I go to EPG SOURCE CHANNEL MAPPINGS, click on "none", select the EPG channel and then it looks like this.

At this point in the log it says "saved setup to /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf".

What does F4 / Copy mean here? If I click it it just prompts to "copy to all mapped channels?" but I dont know how to accept... (tried F2 since the color was green but....)

If I backspace out of the menu and back in the mapping is gone. What am I doing wrong?