Posts by sofakng

I've just compiled and installed the source from the GIT repository that you mentioned but I'm not seeing any difference...

The guide is still displayed vertically and only one time for each program is displayed...

EDIT: Wait a second, I just realized that you linked to the official VDR-Live repository. Don't I need the yaDVR specific one since it contains the differences?

Thanks for the information.

Is there any way for live to display the guide horizontally?

For example, most of the time when you look at an EPG, it displays program after program side-by-side so you can see what's coming on next, etc.

vdr-live only displays the current program.

I'm looking for a nice VDR web interface to schedule recordings.

I've tried VDR Live and I'm not really that happy with it. I've heard of Xxv and VDRAdmin-AM but haven't tried them.

What other plugins exist? What is some of the best ones?

Thanks!

I've just compiled tntnet and cxxtools, but when I'm trying to compile the vdr-live plugin I'm getting this error:

g++ -fPIC -O2 -Wall `tntnet-config --cxxflags` -Woverloaded-virtual -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"live"' -DTNTVERS7 -I../../../include tools.cpp
    g++ -fPIC -O2 -Wall `tntnet-config --cxxflags` -Woverloaded-virtual -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"live"' -DTNTVERS7 -I../../../include recman.cpp
    thread.cpp: In member function âvirtual void vdrlive::ServerThread::Action()â:
    thread.cpp:49: error: aggregate âtnt::Tntconfig tntconfigâ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

I downloaded/compiled the latest versions of tntnet/cxxtools so can anybody explain why I'm getting this error with vdr-live?

I'm interested in using the VDR Live plugin but I'm a little confused.

Do I need EPGSearch or Streamdev to use VDR Live?

If I have EPGSearch or Streamdev installed, does it add more features to VDR Live? (if so, what?)

I'm trying to setup a headless/server VDR box using VLC (via streamdev-server) as my only client.

The card doesn't have any firmware and if I "modprobe dvb-usb-gp8spk" it successfully loads both that module and dvb_usb.

Here is some additional information:

Name of Card/vendor
    Genpix Skywalker-2

Distribution you are using
    yaDVR 0.3 (Ubuntu 10.04.2)

Kernel (uname -r)
    2.6.32-30-generic

lsusb -v
    http://pastebin.com/6ifinud2

lsmod
    http://pastebin.com/YVPaVBbY

dmesg | grep dvb
    <blank> (not found)

dmesg | grep firmware
    <blank> (not found)

I've just installed yaVDR 0.3 and selected to install the updated drivers (linuxtv.org).

The kernel module that I need to load is dvb-usb-gp8psk.ko. For some reason it wasn't automatically loaded so what's the best way to have this module automatically loaded before VDR starts?

Thanks,
    John

I've inserted a bunch of debug statements into the code and I've found the problem.

The MPEG-2 stream doesn't have a "Picture Start Code" (0x00000100), or at least VDR doesnt' see it.

This is strange though because everything works fine on a Windows system using different DVB applications. Maybe they are more relaxed when following the MPEG specifications?

Can something else be wrong on my system?

I've installed VDR 1.7.17 and I'm trying to record a channel on my DVB-S card (Genpix Skywalker-2).

When my timer starts recording, this is what I see in my log:

Why am I getting this error? I've used dvbsnoop to verify that VDR is tuning to the correct transponder. Also, my card works perfect under Windows (DVBDream, etc), so that's not the problem either.

I'd like to run (ya)-VDR on a server machine without a monitor.

Right now I've compiled VDR 1.7.15 myself but when I run it I get errors such as:
    Mar 31 14:07:41 dvr vdr: [1911] device 1 has no MPEG decoder
    Mar 31 13:58:11 dvr vdr: [1148] switching to channel 1
    Mar 31 13:58:15 dvr vdr: [1148] info: Channel not available!

Do I have other issues or is my problem that I'm running VDR without a monitor? I'm just trying to have VDR tune to a channel so I can use dvbsnoop and then record a channel. After everything is working I'd like to fool around with yaDVR.

I've compiled VDR 1.7.15 and I'm trying to run it but I'm getting an error:

Mar 31 13:58:15 dvr vdr: [1148] info: Channel not available!

I'm also getting another error:

Mar 31 14:07:41 dvr vdr: [1911] device 1 has no MPEG decoder

I'm trying to run VDR on a headless server box so there is currently no video or audio output. I just want VDR to tune to a channel so I can use dvbsnoop and then record it (in the future).

Thanks for any help

I've compiled VDR 1.7.16 on Ubuntu 10.10 (x64) just fine but when I do a "make install" I'm getting these errors:

What can I be doing wrong? I'm running "make install" as root and the source code is in /usr/local/src/vdr-1.7.15.

Thanks for any help!