Beiträge von davide

Zitat

Original von tomas
    Well, I checked out libplayer and applied the patch:
    (cut)
    ..... works like a charm!

Sunday morning I thought that the implementation of xine-vpau had a very low priority for you and the other developers and now IMHO a big step forward has been done within a few hours.

Well, it's for sure a useful feature, and if it can be implemented in a reasonably clean way, why not do it? Plus, I have a vdpau-enabled nvidia card and would very much like watch hdtv with enna :) I have committed a new version of the libplayer patch, could you please test the latest hg? There should be no functional changes, but the VDPAU/Xlib code has been wrapped behind a --enable-xlib-hack configuration option (to make it clear to prospective library users they need to be careful).

Davide

Zitat

Originally posted by tomas
    OK, I think the solution is to deactivate *LOCKDISPLAY* in xine-vdpau/src/video_out/video_out_vdpau.c

Code
    // #define LOCKDISPLAY /*define this if you have a buggy libX11/xcb*/

I just added vdpau support to wrapper_xine.c as described.....and vdpau is working!!!

Doing that won't reliably work in the long term, as you'll eventually trigger a race condition. You could try the following
    - if using libplayer 1.0.0 and enna 0.4.0, do what this post says and then add

Code
    XInitThreads();

in the main() function of src/bin/enna.c, before the eina_init() call. This will correctly setup xlib for threading and should avoid races.
    - if you're using the hg versions have a look at this message and try the attached patches.

Zitat

But how can I manage/activate the deinterlacing?

AFAIK, for now you can't (as there's no video filters support in libplayer). You may be able to do it by hacking in src/wrapper_xine.c in libplayer sources.

Davide

Zitat

Originally posted by tomasI
    Is vdpau not fully implemented yet?

libplayer implements VDPAU for the mplayer wrapper, but not yet for xine. The problem, discussed here, is that the nvidia library requires the use of xlib, which is not thread-safe. We are investigating possible solutions to this problem.

Also, please note that the enna checked out from hg requires the hg versions of libplayer/libvalhalla/libnfo; it won't build with the released 1.0.0.

Davide

Zitat

Is it already possible to test the VDR frontend ?

Yes, but I warn you, it is still quite buggy. You need to compile and install libsvdrp and build Enna from source with

Code
    ./configure --enable-activity-tv --enable-libsvdrp

Start vdr with

Code
    vdr --no-kbd -P'xine -r'

and run Enna. When you enter the TV module it should automatically connect to vdr-xine on the local system (provided you have xine-lib with the vdr input plugin) and display the VDR output. You should be able to control VDR using the keyboard from Enna. You can go back to enna main menu pressing the windows key, but then the menu will be broken (bug) and you should quit Enna to avoid problems. If you try to quit while VDR is recording Enna should warn you (haven't tested this in while though).

Davide

Hello,

Please excuse me but I don't speak German. I'm one of the GeeBoX developers who worked on Enna and thought you'd be interested in some information about the TV module. Yes, Enna includes a TV module which interfaces with VDR, but it has been disabled by default in the 0.4.0 because it's not yet stable. The module uses xine (through libplayer) to connect to a running vdr-xine instance so it basically acts as a frontend to VDR. A side library (libsvdrp) provides Enna information such as the list of upcoming timers (to warn the user when he quits Enna if there are pending recordings).

Enna will be the user interface of GeeXboX 2.0, a livecd mediacenter distribution (alpha1 should come within the month). We already have VDR and vdr-xine in GeeXboX, but it's disabled by default for now (and will stay this way until the TV module will be more stable).

Davide