Beiträge von Alfiegerner

Hi guys,

I'm stuck and could do with some help.

I am setting up VDR to be used with XBMC (pvr-testing) and all is working okay with the streamdev plugin. I can stream live TV with audio no problem.

However if I record something with VDR I am getting no audio streams.

Opening the file with mplayer I get the following:

Playing /var/lib/video.00/Real_Life#3A_The_Great_Sperm_Race/2009-08-11.21.28.1-0.rec/00001.ts.
    TS file format detected.
    VIDEO H264(pid=250) NO AUDIO! NO SUBS (yet)! PROGRAM N. 132
    FPS seems to be: 50.000000
    open: No such file or directory
    [MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
    open: No such file or directory
    [MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
    [VO_TDFXFB] Can't open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory.
    [VO_3DFX] Unable to open /dev/3dfx.
    ==========================================================================
    Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
    Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
    ==========================================================================
    Audio: no sound

I'm not sure how to debug this, would really appreciate some help in understanding what is going wrong.

If it makes a difference I am in NZ using dvb-t freeview which uses LATM AAC - xbmc is compiled to decode this and it works fine with live tv and with mythtv.

TIA.

Alex

Hi everyone,

I'm building a HTPC using xbmc and planning to use VDR to record and stream TV.

I'd like to use VDR to record from SKY using an existing subscription. I'm based in NZ if that makes a difference.

Is it possible to do this without encoding the source using an analogue encoder?

What I'd like to do is get the stream straight to disk, preferably including HD streams. Can I do this using a DVB-S card and a dragon cam with VDR?

If not, can someone clarify what the sky-plugin does? I'm not sure if it re-encodes the stream or if it just copies the stream directly to disk.

Any thoughts on what hardware or software I'd need to make this happen (if it's even possible) would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alex