YaVDR+SL-6399 Fernbedienung

• duct tape at the remote receiver eye of the S660

This is exactly what I am doing right now.

You can use the three keystrokes "KEY_A, KEY_O, KEY_M" for other functions. The functions are here.

Try this for the volume control in XBMC, if it not already works. (Lircmap.xml):

Not sure what you want me to do here. Do you want me assign KEY_ENTER = KEY_A in the evmap?

I thought about trying to make xbmc work with the tevii remote but I wouldn't know where to start and irw throws wierd output ie ^]A etc

VDR Server (Ubuntu 64bit 11.10 server) - Case: Antec 300, Mobo: Asus P5QL/EPU, CPU: Dual Core E5200, RAM: 4gb, DVB-S2: Tevii S660 & L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, SAS/SATA RAID CARD: Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, HDDs: 1*SSD for OS, 10 drives
    Client (Ubuntu 11.10) - Acer Revo R3610, Logitech Harmony 650

• Not sure what you want me to do here. Do you want me assign KEY_ENTER = KEY_A in the evmap?

Yes, but do it properly.

You can use it to directly jump within the XBMC. For example:

ctrl+shift+KEY_A = KEY_AUDIO or ctrl+KEY_A = KEY_AUDIO I'm not sure which one is right.
    ctrl+KEY_O = KEY_VIDEO
    ctrl+shift+KEY_M = KEY_MEDIA

I thought about trying to make xbmc work with the tevii remote but I wouldn't know where to start and irw throws wierd output ie ^]A etc

Are you sure that you want that? This is an entirely different matter.

Albert

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von albi_d ()

• I've not had time to try your recommendations yet. But the speedlink is working well (with tape over the tevii receiver). When I get round to it I will post the results.

Are you sure that you want that? This is an entirely different matter.

It would make sense as then I only have one receiver - makes it a tidier installation. But I plan to get a logitech dinovo mini (which I hope works out the box) in early January so I will probably just make do with how it is for now.

Thanks for all your help/time. If I do go the route of the tevii I guess I will start a new thread otherwise it will be off topic.

VDR Server (Ubuntu 64bit 11.10 server) - Case: Antec 300, Mobo: Asus P5QL/EPU, CPU: Dual Core E5200, RAM: 4gb, DVB-S2: Tevii S660 & L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, SAS/SATA RAID CARD: Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, HDDs: 1*SSD for OS, 10 drives

• Hi Charlie,
    I post your PN. I have no idea why you have no rights to do it. Try again. If it does not work then send a PM to steffen_b or gda.

• Hi Charlie,

Zitat

I just need to understands what is going on so I can map the rest of the buttons.

We start here:
    - We talk only about yaVDR, and just talk about your hardware!
    - In yaVDR, VDR and XBMC understands only that, what is defined here.
    - Eventlircd ensures that the inputs from your IR receiver as ALT_META_KEY_ENTER be translated in KEY_MENU. VDR only understands KEY_MENU, he don´t know ALT_META_KEY_ENTER.
    - The translation is based on the table (evmap). NO HIT, NO TRANSLATION!

Example:
    You press a button on your remote control. Your remote control sends a code to your IR receiver. Your IR receiver understands the code. He is a keyboard. His chip has a table in which the codes are assigned to keyboard shortcuts. He can send only keyboard shortcuts to the OS. He does it in the form like ALT_META_KEY_ENTER. Eventlirc translates it into KEY_MENU. He does that only, when there is a shortcut, that is exist in the evmap. Your job is: find out all the keyboard shortcuts from your IR receiver and then complete your evmap.

Howto:
    Forget irw, it shows the translated key combinations as well as the non-translated (the latter distorted).
    You do the following:
    - stop eventlircd
    - evtest (apt-get install evtest)
    - push all the buttons successive and note the results (looks like left ctrl, left shift, s)
    - enter them into evmap (left side)
    - they are on the right side
    - start eventlircd
    - irw must show only these events now!

Zitat

I tried changing ctrl+KEY_G = KEY_EPG to ctrl+KEY_E = KEY_EPG - this changes the output from irw to KEY_G.

What happened? ctrl+KEY_G = KEY_EPG is in evmap, ctrl+KEY_E = KEY_RED too. Your change: ctrl+KEY_E = KEY_EPG -> ctrl+KEY_G is no longer in the evmap, irw shows it as KEY_G. Evident.
    Note all entries must be unique. In your evmap is ctrl+KEY_E = KEY_RED and ctrl+KEY_E = KEY_VIDEO. It is a mistake on my part. 8o

Is surely stupid, but you do it only once. Is that cool?

Albert

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von albi_d ()

• Right I finally got my head around all this. I was unaware of evtest which cleared a lot up for me. Just in case anyone else wants it this was the results:

(REMOTE KEY) Ouput from evtest = HOW I HAVE MAPPED THEM

(TV) ctrl+KEY_T = KEY_TV

(POWER) alt+KEY_F4 = KEY_POWER2

(REW) ctrl+shift+KEY_B = KEY_REWIND

(PLAY) ctrl+shift+KEY_P = KEY_PLAY

(FWD) ctrl+shift+KEY_F = KEY_FASTFORWARD

(STOP) ctrl+shift+KEY_S = KEY_STOP

(REPLAY) ctrl+KEY_B = KEY_PREVIOUS

(PAUSE) ctrl+KEY_P = KEY_PAUSE

(SKIP) ctrl+KEY_F = KEY_NEXT

(RECORD) ctrl+KEY_R = KEY_RECORD

(BACK) KEY_BACKSPACE = KEY_ESC

(MORE) KEY_COMPOSE = KEY_INFO

(UP) KEY_UP = KEY_UP

(DOWN) KEY_DOWN = KEY_DOWN

(LEFT) KEY_LEFT = KEY_LEFT

(RIGHT) KEY_RIGHT = KEY_RIGHT

(OK) KEY_ENTER = KEY_OK

(ASPECT) ctrl+shift+KEY_Z = KEY_SCREEN

(RED) ctrl+KEY_E = KEY_VIDEO

(GREEN) ctrl+KEY_M = KEY_AUDIO

(YELLOW) ctrl+KEY_I = KEY_FN

(BLUE) ctrl+shift+KEY_T = KEY_PVR

(START) alt+meta+KEY_ENTER = KEY_MENU

(CHANNEL UP) KEY_PAGEUP = KEY_CHANNELUP

(CHANNEL DOWN) KEY_PAGEDOWN = KEY_CHANNELDOWN

(0) KEY_0 = KEY_0

(1) KEY_1 = KEY_1

(2) KEY_2 = KEY_2

(3) KEY_3 = KEY_3

(4) KEY_4 = KEY_4

(5) KEY_5 = KEY_5

(6) KEY_6 = KEY_6

(7) KEY_7 = KEY_7

(8) KEY_8 = KEY_8

(9) KEY_9 = KEY_9

(*) KEY_KPASTERISK = KEY_BACK

(HASH) shift+KEY_3 = KEY_SETUP

(GUIDE) ctrl+KEY_G = KEY_EPG

(RTV) ctrl+KEY_O = KEY_CHANNEL

KEY_F1 = KEY_TEXT

(RESIZE) alt+KEY_Enter = KEY_FAVORITES

(RADIO) ctrl+KEY_A = KEY_BLUE

(DVD) ctrl+shift+KEY_M = KEY_YELLOW

(AUDIO) ctrl+shift+KEY_A = KEY_GREEN

(TITLE) ctrl+KEY_U = KEY_RED

MSN, Vol Up & Down are not detected. Vol Up & DOWN do work correctly.

One think I noticed was the YELLOW button is working incorrectly. When I set it as this:
    ctrl+KEY_I = KEY_IMAGES
    irw outputs Ctril + KEY_I (not KEY_)

but when I changed it to :
    ctrl+KEY_I = KEY_FN

irw outputs to: KEY_FN

Thank you for your help. Part of the problem was I was editting the wrong LIRCMAP file and was getting it confuses with the Keymap.xml

This was the correct one: /var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml

• One think I noticed was the YELLOW button is working incorrectly. When I set it as this:
    ctrl+KEY_I = KEY_IMAGES

This is an limitation I found when remapping keys for an X10 remote control, too. KEY_IMAGES seems not to be supported by the Kernel/eventlircd with Ubuntu Natty ("uname -r": 2.6.38-13-generic) as it was defined in Kernel Version 2.6.39 for the first time.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Hallo seahawk,

Eigentlich wollte ich noch den yaVDR 0.3 auf dem Revo durch einen 0.4 ersetzen

die Arbeit ist wohl getan!

Albert

• Hi Charlie,

LOOK

One think I noticed was the YELLOW button is working incorrectly. When I set it as this:
    ctrl+KEY_I = KEY_IMAGES
    irw outputs Ctril + KEY_I (not KEY_)

Ctril is not ctrl, there is a spelling mistake. ;D

Albert

• I think that is only a typo in my post. I am away from home for a week to check. But i'm sure I double checked the spelling - in fact I never changed the spelling of Ctrl - as it the the wording on the right hand side of the = sign which was changed ie I only changed KEY_IMAGES to KEY_FN and it all worked as expected. I'll let you know if you are correct

• die Arbeit ist wohl getan!

Das Meiste läuft wunderbar, nur für die Details brauche ich noch ein bisschen mehr Zeit ;)

• Das Meiste läuft wunderbar, nur für die Details brauche ich noch ein bisschen mehr Zeit

Möge die Macht mit dir sein!

Albert

• Hallo zusammen,
    ich habe so ein Fernbedienung http://www.speedlink.com/index.php?p=3&c…=de&produktlb=4
    Ich habe Problem bei Standby (S3).
    Fahre den Rechner mit der Fernbedienung in den Standby (S3). Funktioniert auch einwandfrei. Auch das Aufwecken über die Fernbedienung funktioniert super.
    Aber nach Aufwecken aus Standby (S3) funktioniert Fernbedienung nicht mehr richtig. Z.B. wenn ich eine Taste betätige wiederholt sich befehl für diese Taste ununterbrochen.
    Kann ich per Fernbedienung nichts mehr machen. Nuhr wenn ich USB empfänger austecke und wieder einstecke funktioniert Fernbedienung einwandfrei.

Hat bei euch evtl. jemand das gleiche Problem oder hat eine Ahnung was man machen könnte???

Schon mal vielen Dank im vorraus

Gigabyte M68M-S2P/M68M-S2P, AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e, TT-budget S2-1600, yaVDR 4.0

• Aber nach Aufwecken aus Standby (S3) funktioniert Fernbedienung nicht mehr richtig.

Was ist Dein Hardware? Welches Distri, Treiberpaket, up-to-date? Dafür ist die Signatur da! :wow

Albert

• Interessant wäre auch, welche Meldungen du im Syslog und in dmesg bim/nach dem Aufwachen siehst, sowie die Ausgabe von "cat /proc/bus/input/devices"

• Und wie sieht "cat /proc/bus/input/devices" aus, wenn die FB normal funktioniert?

• Kannst du eingrenzen, woher die wiederholten Tastendrücke kommen?
    Also siehst du die in "sudo irw" oder "sudo evtest /dev/input/<eventX>" (<eventX> durch passende Gerätenummer aus "cat /proc/bus/input/devices" ersetzen).

Hat eine Neustart von eventlircd ("sudo restart eventlircd") nach dem Aufwachen aus dem Standby Auswirkungen auf das Verhalten der Fernbedienung?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!