IPTV - channels.conf problem

• Having problems with adding channels to channels.conf file.
    Some channels work, others don't.
    The HELP file isn't very helpful for a beginner:

This is what my channels.conf looks like (manual testing):

Code
    RTV SLO 1;IPTV:1:S=1|P=0|F=UDP|U=239.1.1.115|A=5000:I:0:300=2:301:400:0:1:0:0:0
    POP TV;IPTV:2:S=1|P=0|F=UDP|U=239.1.1.9|A=5000:I:0:121=2:123:124:0:4:0:0:0

It seems that some channels don't like the last part of the string. How can I enter the info correctly? Is there some 'detect' tool for IPTV channels?

Using the latest v0.4.1.

• Zitat

Originally posted by raw
    This is what my channels.conf looks like (manual testing):

The entries looks fine, although you really should use bigger "frequency" values: 1->10, 2->20, etc. Otherwise you might encounter some minor problems as

Zitat

Originally posted by raw
    It seems that some channels don't like the last part of the string.

Any error messages in syslog? What do mean exactly with the last part: the parameter part only or the whole string? Does the vdr accept the channels.conf? Does any of the channels work? ...

• Zitat

Originally posted by rofafor
    The entries looks fine, although you really should use bigger "frequency" values: 1->10, 2->20, etc. Otherwise you might encounter some minor problems as

Hmm, saw that somewhere mentioned, but didn't change it. Now I'm going to. :)

Zitat

Any error messages in syslog? What do mean exactly with the last part: the parameter part only or the whole string? Does the vdr accept the channels.conf? Does any of the channels work? ...

Some channels work, some don't. The one that I pasted in the previous post work. If I add a few with the same params (excluding the name, 'frequency' and IP) they don't work.
    I'm sure the problem is in the params .. somewhere. I'm having problems with exact definition of the params.

When to use "S=1" or "S=0" or "P .." and all the params behind the port.

I only know Name, IP and Port of a certain channel from my provider. OK, frequency, "IPTV", and stream protocol are sort of obvious, but that's about it.

• Zitat

Originally posted by raw
    When to use "S=1" or "S=0" or "P .." and all the params behind the port.

If you don't know the service id of your input stream, you should set "S=1" that enables the SID scanner and the plugin tries to guess the service id value by itself and update the configuration. Service id is required i.e. for EPG data. If your stream is missing the PMT table, VDR cannot find any pids for the channel. Then you can enable the PID scanner by setting "P=1" and the plugin tries to guess a video pid and (only) a first audio pid automatically and update the configuration. If some channel doesn't work, make sure it isn't encrypted: use the VLC for viewing or redirect plugins' output stream into a file (requires a fifo as mentioned in README). You could also check the stream information menu found in plugin's setup and see if there's any pid activity.

• Zitat

Originally posted by rofafor
    If you don't know the service id of your input stream, you should set "S=1" that enables the SID scanner and the plugin tries to guess the service id value by itself and update the configuration. Service id is required i.e. for EPG data. If your stream is missing the PMT table, VDR cannot find any pids for the channel. Then you can enable the PID scanner by setting "P=1" and the plugin tries to guess a video pid and (only) a first audio pid automatically and update the configuration. If some channel doesn't work, make sure it isn't encrypted: use the VLC for viewing or redirect plugins' output stream into a file (requires a fifo as mentioned in README). You could also check the stream information menu found in plugin's setup and see if there's any pid activity.

Thanks for the info.
    I'm still not sure about these PID&SIDs tasks in a UDP stream, but I'll manage. :) I'm also boggled by the last 10 or so params. Are they supposed to be edited manually or are they updated by the system as you mentioned?

BTW There is no EPG data in the streams. Channels are not encrypted - I can play all the channels with VLC.

Will check the "plugins' setup" ... Let's see if I can find it. :)

• Zitat

Originally posted by raw
    I'm also boggled by the last 10 or so params. Are they supposed to be edited manually or are they updated by the system as you mentioned?

It really depends on your streams, but VDR is unable to detect correct NID/TID/SID values, so these fields should be updated manually. A correct SID value is required for VDR's pid detection and the plugin provides a semi-automatic setting to automate this ("S=1"). Without a correct or missing SID, you'll need to update the those "last ten" fields manually or use the plugin's integrated simple pid detection ("P=1").

• Thanks for explaining it to me. :tup

After some experimentation I found out that each channel has it's own S and P preferences - if I don't change it to exactly right combination it does't work. There were also some problems based on buffer sizes (iptv plugin).
    Now it sort of works in xine, but I still have problems with XMBC - crashes a lot (this is probably the VNSI's fault, being in an early stage of development and all).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!