Tevii S470 PCIe

• Hello everybody! I am new on this forum, sorry for my poor english.

I want to try to config a HTPC on Linux, I want to try with VDR and MythTV. I have a Nvidia ION based board with a Intel Atom preocessor.

I want to buy a DVB-S2 card, I am thinking on the Tevii S470. I want know if some of you have one of this cards and which is your experience with it in Linux.

Edited: deleted the plugin questions, sorry.

Thanks for all and best regards.

• Hi,
    I actually use two of these cards in my VDR boxes and I am quite pleased with it.

I am not sure which driver package i am running with these cards, at the moment. But I think it is the S2-Liplianin tree.

According your Plugin question I can tell you that it is not discussed in this forum, because of german law.

Regards
    Globber

Gen2VDR (V5.3 Update 6)

- Scaleo Evi - 2x DD Cine S2 v6.5 und v5.4 - 4GB RAM
    - Reycom REC100-S2
    - OctopusNet/SAT>IP

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von globber ()

• Yes i can confirm, the s2-liplianin repo is supporting this card. There seems to be a problem to get the driver of this card into the kernel, but the driver in s2-liplianin is rock stable. So its a good card :)

The other question, please delete the question from your post before moderator needs to take action, also this is not hardware related.

VDR User: 87 - LaScala LC14B - LG/Phillipps 6,4" VGA Display | Asrock H61/U3S3 | G630T | 1x 16GB Mobi Mtron 3035 1x WD 750GB 2,5" |1x L4m DVB-S2 Version 5.4

• Thank you very much for your replys. If I use the "s2-liplianin" drivers, I don't need to install Tevii's official drivers?

I am new on this I a don't understand this drivers items. I wan to use it with a Debian Squeeze system.

An other questions: With VDPAU (Nvidia ION), is possible to watch sat HD channels?

Thanks for all and king regards.

• Zitat

Originally posted by zorrua
    Thank you very much for your replys. If I use the "s2-liplianin" drivers, I don't need to install Tevii's official drivers?

Yes, you don't need them.

Zitat

Originally posted by zorrua
    With VDPAU (Nvidia ION), is possible to watch sat HD channels?

Yes.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• But i have to say...
    you need the firmware for this card!!!
    Maybe it comes with the tevii driver, but its linked also somewhere here in the forum.
    Install liplianin, search and copy the firmware and it should work.

• OK, thanks again your four replys, I have confusion with driver and firmware.

I read the LinuxTV wiki about the card: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TeVii_S470

There is a script for kernel 2.6.30, Debian Squeeze has 2.6.32 so i think it will work on it: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/in…/TeVii_S470#Older_kernels

Questions about drivers and firware:

1. Is necessary to install Tevii's official firmware?

2. I need to choose between "s2-liplianin" and "v4l-dvb" driver? What is different?

3. This will be a stupid question: What is the difference between driver and firmware?

4. Which version of Nvidia drivers do you recommned to work with VDPAU?

Thanks you very much about all of your help.

King regards!

• 1 - maybe, you only need 1 file and can get it from somewhere else

2 - i use liplianin

3- The firmware is used to let the card do its job...
    and the driver connects the card to the system (and loads the fw into the card)
    And imho the firmware file has the name "dvb-fe-ds3000.fw"

4 - something above 180

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!