[Pollin] MOTOROLA VIP1710

• cross compile might be fast but it is not native :)

so for me is it much easier to compile over telnet from my mac on the vip ;)

i must find first the rigth dvb driver.. the driver i used for 1.7.15 dont work :(

i used the env from hans-werner

here is my way .. still nor ready .. but you can see wath you must do

• Could you please also compile the vip1710, streamdev-client and epgsync plugins :)

of curse ;)

• vip is compiling the vdr ... take some tea ;)

vdr need about 30 minutes .. ufff

now runs
    /download/vdr-1.6.0 $ time make plugins

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mentox ()

• hmmm i think the vip need TS :(

look here at the error msg:

• i used an older version of the vip plugin ..
    http://hilses.de/vip1710/vdr-v…src/vdr-vip1710-0.1.1.tgz

now it compiles .. but i dont know how good it works ..

where can i upload the tar.gz .. it is round about 6MB

• Heh.. i just got informed that a 1.7 streamdev-client should be able to connect to a 1.6 server :)

But as you say that the vip needs a ts-stream, this might be the reason why i can't get any picture out from my setup..

Your script is btw a great help in understanding what's going on :) It reminds me on a project with a firewall-box that run on from a flash-memory. That used small config-files with download-info of source-files + specific installation options like configure-parameters, install-paths etc. It also used md5-sums for checking the integrity of the downloaded file. I'll try to combine this and figure out a way on how to make a "packet-manager" for the VIP :)

By the way. Is anyone running the vip on a nfs-root-share? I run it this way, and it's a really great feature. you don't need to hassle at all with cleaning up stuff before each run of the box :)

• ok than i kick the vdr 1.6 stuff into /dev/null .. shit for the time i need to build it :(
    btw this version should run without ts support .. but i cant host the file

i have flash vips and need to boot from usb .. but than i run from samba because nfs make zombies on my vips :(

greetings mentox

• If you have not deleted it yet, then please mail it to me. I'll could try play around with at a bit :)

• If you have not deleted it yet, then please mail it to me. I'll could try play around with at a bit :)

mail is on the road

hope it works for you .. ;)

• Does anyone know what these errors mean when starting vdr on the vip?

Code
    vip1710: 19:21:27 vip1710: PlayTs written=0 error=9:Bad file descriptor
    vip1710: 19:21:27 vip1710/player: fatal error during select(), exiting

And this goes on.. :(

• Hi folks!
    I have still not been succesful with getting VDR to run on the VIP. It makes me wonder if anyone is really successful with their setup, and can use VDR?

Could you please shere with me which Flash-version of the system you are using... Are you using a stripped down version of the default kernel-1710, or have you compiled a new kernel?

I have been using the debug-kernel for booting up the box over a nfs-root share, and i wonder if there could be some switches that the default debug-kernel is using that makes VDR fail to run..

• i use the default installed kernel and boot from usb ..
    i think the most have this version .. or?

• http://hilses.de/vip1710/

Habe mir jetzt eine settings2.xml erstellt mit dem oben genannten Inhalt.
    Nach der Ausführung von getsettingsvalue /path-to-downloaded-settings2.xml test
    erstellt er mir das Verzeichnis /flash2 und springt dann in die nächste Zeile ohne
    irgend einer Meldung
    ... muss ich mir dann mit wget die myrc Datei zuerst holen und ins Verezichnis /flash2 schmeissen ?

Blick im Moment nicht ganz durch

EDIT: Habe es nun geschafft... Hatte nur einen Teil nicht richtig verstanden :)

1.VDR: Stabile Version ab Dez.2008-2013: EasyVDR 0.8.6
    1 DVB-S Technotrend Premium S2300 /Intel Pentium 2,4 GHz / VG33/ Samsung 160 GB /512 DDR

1.Client-VDR Motorola VIP1710
    2.Client-Test VDR Raspberry Pi mit Openelec

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JDMario ()

• so diese Problem hatte ich auch selber gelöst.. Besser Lesen wäre angesagt ;)

...aber nun ein weiteres Problem bzgl. Fernbedienung

[quote author=Oberlooser link=topic=11917.msg98297#msg98297 date=1304275445]
    Normalerweise kannst Du jede RC5 Fernbedienung die unter Easyvdr läuft nehmen.
    Eine vorhandene lircd.conf umbenennen in lirc.conf und nach /etc kopieren.Beim nächste Start der Vip1710 wird diese dann angelernt und eine remote.conf erstellt.
    [/quote]

Hi....

Habe inzwischen 2 FB benutzt um den Code anzulernen... Jedoch vergebens...
    meine lircd.conf habe ich auf den Stick Kopiert und unbenannt in lirc.conf
    Die remote.conf habe ich gelöscht....

Nun will er mir eine FB anlernen beim Start LIRC RC5...
    jedoch kann ich bei der FB gedrückt halten was ich möchte... es funktioniert nicht..
    Desweiteren habe ich mir gedacht auch die remote.conf meines EasyVDR zu kopieren... aber keine Chance..

Habe ich einen Denkfehler, weiß wer Rat ?

EDIT: Muss aber Sagen das ich auf EasyVDR 0.6.2 bin und dort nicht über ein Lirc verfüge... sprich Com Schnittstelle,
    sondern lediglich nur über die interne IR der Karte und dort meine FB angelernt habe

Danke
    LG
    Mario

1 DVB-S Technotrend Premium S2300 /Intel Pentium 2,4 GHz / VG33/ Samsung 160 GB /512 DDR

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JDMario ()

• die meisten fb s haben eine traegerfrequenz von 36 khz. die vip arbeitet mit 58 khz glaub ich

• die meisten fb s haben eine traegerfrequenz von 36 khz. die vip arbeitet mit 58 khz glaub ich

Habe nun ne passende FB gefunden... wird mit Sicherheit an der Trägerfrequenz gelegen haben

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!