[ANNOUNCE] iStreamdev-1.0.1 - stream vdr & media files to your Iphone

• Zitat

Originally posted by pandel
    "Error:streaming could not start correctly"
    * FFmpeg: running
    * Segmenter: stopped

Same problem here with latest git:

If I start segementer in this state manual it sometimes work, but segementer often dies and the iphone stream is pixelated:

and sometimes not:

CPU is idling.....
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

• First of all : Thanks for this beautiful piece of Software!

Runs very smartly in conjunction with my iPod touch and Wi-Fi after upgrading my iPod to 3.1.3. BTW: Before, with 3.0.?, and jailbroken, I got only the audiopart (without video) from films (supposedly obsolete QuickTime?).

But unfortunately, there are obvious problems with uncommonly used characters in filenames - in this case: ' - maybe others, too.

Assumed the audiofilename is :

Code
    01 Feathers-Oar-Blades (Taken From 'Lullabies', October 1982).mp3

play-back is not possible. Instead I got an error message: "Filmwiedergabe fehlgeschlagen - Die Datei wurde nicht gefunden". which means: "playback not possible - file not found"

At the same time, apache2 logs :

Code
    [Mon Apr 19 13:49:11 2010] [error] [client 192.168.252.245] File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/istreamdev/playlist/01 Feathers-Oar-Blades (Taken From

Yes, truncated at '.

Hint: The temporary link for this file was correctly added in the right directory (/srv/www/htdocs/ipstreamdev/playlist) :

Code
    $ ls -1 /srv/www/htdocs/istreamdev/playlist
    /srv/www/htdocs/istreamdev/playlist/01 Feathers-Oar-Blades (Taken From 'Lullabies', October 1982).mp3

Tao

• TheTroll
    Yes I tried the latest repo, but I don't seem to have the same problem as MaFL2k. The stream always works if I reconnect from the home page. It just doesn't start from the recording detail page.

Gruß
    Holger

HTPC: yaVDR 0.5, M3N78-VM, Athlon II X2 240, 2GB, 2x TT S2-1600, Antec Fusion Remote, Harmony 650, LG 50PK550

• Hey alib,

I also think that it might be a timing problem. But: from selecting a channel for live view to starting the quicktime viewer takes significantly more time than selecting a recording. When I select a channel it takes 5 - 10 seconds (on the iphone) until the stream is ready for viewing. When I select a recording it's only about 1-2 seconds and the page tells me that the stream could not be created.

So it seems as if the stream creation for a recording is too fast... Mmmhhh??

Gruß
    Holger

HTPC: yaVDR 0.5, M3N78-VM, Athlon II X2 240, 2GB, 2x TT S2-1600, Antec Fusion Remote, Harmony 650, LG 50PK550

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pandel ()

• No it's normal that recording encoding is faster than live video. For Live video, ffmpeg have to wait for each frame at 25fps. For recording it already has the whole video so it can encode to max speed. On my cpu it can encode to 100 fps.

So it's normal if your stream is ready faster for video and recordings.

I don't see where your problem come from here as there's nothing in your log that could help.

What kind of DVB stream you have ? DVB-c , t, s ?

• DVB-T

Generally, many thanks for your patience alib, but I think, as it is working somehow, I won't think about it much longer. Perhaps it is a strange timing problem which has to do with my network setup.

Keep up the good work!

Gruß
    Holger

• I've updated my Debian today, and it updated ffmpeg and libavcodec, etc.

Now I have the same problem as you.

The stream generated by the new ffmpeg is ok after some test.
    The problem is on Segmenter side.

If i reinstall libavcodec/format/device to svn20100126 , and recompile segmenter it works ok. With svn20100411, segmenter stays without doing nothing, saying on the console:

I can't track the problem in segmenter. I think it needs to be updated to new stuff in libavcodec/format, but i can't do this.

For the moment use older ffmpeg & libavcodec ...

• Oha!

So perhaps, when I have time, I'll take a look at the versions of ffmpeg / libavcodec that I used. After installing yaVDR I tried iStreamdev with the default distro packages, but that didn't work (missing x264 support). I downloaded the sources for x264 and ffmpeg via svn/git and recompiled everything myself. I never used the stock Debian packages.

As I'm not able to fix this I'll wait and see...

Gruß
    Holger

• Ok, now I recompiled everything from scratch, using the latest git and svn repos from ffmpeg, x264 and istreamdev. And now, recordings completely stopped working !!!

I upload both logfiles created by istreamdev. Perhaps someone finds the solution. For me it looks as if ffmpeg isn't finding the video when started from the istream.sh. When I start ffmpeg by hand it starts...

And there is a new problem, too. When I select the program guide, what's now, and select a specific entry from the list, the page turns, and the only thing I can see in the text field is the word 'null', and also the TV logo isn't there. And when I try to find something in a special channel for 'today' no search result returns.

But: If I enter the same channel via 'Watch TV' and select something, I get the specific EPG entry and can start watching successfully.

• Can you check your rights ?

Perhaps www-data user don't have rights to read your vdr recordings ?

Because if it works when you try by hand with the same command, there's no reason it doesn't works. When you tryed by hand, were you logued as www-data user ?

• I'll check that definitely. FYI, when I tried by hand, I wasn't logged in as www-data, but as my normal user.

What I don't understand is that it worked somehow until I updated everything. But also, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I first tried with an unmodified recording. In the meantime I used VDR to cut my films and so I only had processed films left yesterday.

Gruß
    Holger

• Yes, I now, it took some time... the access rights are totally well.

I found the problem with viewing recordings. I modified session.php to see whats going on when it starts istream.sh (changed that >/dev/null to >/tmp/teststream.log behind the istream.sh start command). Then I tried to start a recording from a film directory named "%The_Sixth_Sense".

Now the ouput from teststream.log:

cat:/video.00/%%The_Sixth_Sense/2010-04-07-17.22.55.23-0.rec/0*: No such file or directory
    Could not open input file, make sure it is an mpegts file: -1

Do you notice the two %%? The php script adds a second % to the directory name and then it surely cannot find the recording. Do you know why this line of code exists in session.php:

$cmd = str_replace('%', '%%', $cmd);

????

I made a simple symlink from "%The_Sixth_Sense" to "The_Sixth_Sense" and tried to start the film from that symlinked directory. Everything went perfectly well!

I think, if I comment out the line of code, everything will be fine...

Gruß
    Holger

• Hi Pandel,

Will be corrected in next rls so.

Good news, update your ffmpeg to latest git and recompile segmenter after. It will solve the problem of streams not working on istreamdev.

• Hi alib,

I know about the good news ;-)) I wrote a little script that downloads the newest git and recompiles everything from scratch, which I ran yesterday.

Nice to know that you fix the istreamdev issue in the next release!

Bye!

Gruß
    Holger

• Gibts eignetlich schon irgndwie ne Anleitung wie man das Streaming auf dem ipad zum laufen bekommt ?

TV VDR: GigaByte 965DS3, Intel C2D 2,4GHz, 1GB RAM, HD Ext, 2x TT PCI S-3200 DVB-S2, ATI Radeon HD2600, VDR 1.6.0-HDTV, Gentoo 2007.1, Kernel 2.6.24
    TV VDR: AOpen 945 GTM-VHL, Intel C2D-M 1,83GHz, 2GB RAM, HD Ext, 1x TT PCI S-3200 DVB-S2, Intel GMA950, VDR 1.6.0-HDTV, Gentoo 2007.1, Kernel 2.6.24
    VDR Server: Supermicro 370DE6, 2x Intel P3 866 MHz, 2GB RAM, TT-DVB-s Rev. 1.3, TT S1100 budget, KNC1 budget, TT S1401, 2x 500GB WD HDs, 1x 9GB U160 SCSI

• Hab zwar kein iPad und will auch keins, aber sollte das nicht auf die gleiche Weise laufen? Das müßte doch softwareseits auf dem iPad der gleiche Kram sein, wie auf dem iPhone, oder nicht?

Gruß
    Holger

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!