[ANNOUNCE] iStreamdev-1.0.1 - stream vdr & media files to your Iphone

• Hi all,

thank's alib for the new version. With the changes mentioned by hendrik, everything works fine.
    Thank's a lot for that great software ....

I had a little problem with testing the new version 0.3.5 ... the streams did'n start ...
    The problem was, that the path to ffmpeg is now (in version 0.3.5) hardcoded in istream.sh to /usr/bin/ffmpeg ...
    I have it installed in /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg ... so a symlink fix that little problem ....

so long
    rob.

VDR1: HP-Microserver N40L mit mit yavdr 0.6 (headless) und 3 USB Empfängern (pctv 461e)
    VDR2: MacMini mit yavdr 0.6 und TT-3600 (USB)
    VDR3 - VDR5: Raspberry Pi3 mit USB Empfänger (pctv461e) und MLD

• When I try to stream recordings from an different source/device like USB HDD, the stream won't start.
    When I copy these recordings to /video, everyhing works fine.
    Than I did a "chmod 777" on the whole device, but still not working.
    The USB device ist mounted below /video as /video/ARCHIV_USB/.

Is the path /video hardcoded somewhere?

Roupi

Server:
    ASUS M3N78-EM | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4850e 2x2.50GHz | 2 GB RAM | 2x Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 | Debian Lenny mit Kernel 2.6.31.4 | VDR 1.7.12 + extension-patch | Ausgabe über xineliboutput-cvs | T-Home Entertain über IPTV-Plugin | iStreamdev 1.0.1

Streaming Client:
    ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID40 | Intel Atom D525 | Next Generation NVIDIA ION Grafik | 2GB RAM | yaVDR 0.3a

• kuminamoya,

do you have ffmpeg installed in /usr/bin ?
    I had exactly the same error while running into the hardcoded ffmpeg-directory-problem.
    Just as an idea... look, where your ffmpeg is installed and if it is not installed as /usr/bin/ffmpeg ... just place a softlink to the ffmpeg-binary in /usr/bin/ffmpeg ...
    or change the path in istream.sh ... or use the git-version, where the path to the ffmpeg-binary in configurable...

maybe it's worth a try...

so long
    rob.

EDIT: ok, TheTroll was faster ;)

VDR1: HP-Microserver N40L mit mit yavdr 0.6 (headless) und 3 USB Empfängern (pctv 461e)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von somebody101 ()

• Thank's alib ...

I have installed mediainfo ... and streaming of videofiles really works great !!!!
    Thank's for that !

b.t.w. - the changes above mentioned my hendrikw01 to prevent the Comma-Bug aren't included in 0.3.6 ... so the epg wasn't visible for channels, which has a comma in it's channelname...
    After I#ve made the changes in inc_vdr.php, everything works fine now ....

so long
    rob.

• arg something was missing in the fix i've added.

It's now added in the git repo.

We need to switch from ffmpeg to mencoder if we want to handle subtitles.

I didn't succeed to create the ffmpeg equivalent command line for mplayer.

Does somebody here knows mencoder & x264 enough to produce the good command parameters ?

Thanks

• are subtitels needed?

i dont need them .. and i have better experiences with ffmpeg as with mencoder ..

hmm .. just as info . perhaps nobody need this ;)

mentox .. thanks for this new version ;)

• Zitat

Original von alib
    V.0.3.6 is out, nows streams your videos files ( divx, mkv, etc ) with thumbnails support.

Don't forget to install mediainfo to your system.

for gentoo users: you can use this overlay to get mdiainfo :)

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4233443.html

http://code.google.com/p/arcon/

mentox

• For those who have an issue with german characters (ä, ö, ü, ß) in the EPG, edit the following and everything is fine:

In index.php change this

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

to this

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=de_DE.UTF-8">

You have to set de_DE.UTF-8 on your VDR too.
    For example, i put this in my runvdr:

export VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE=de_DE.UTF-8
    export VDR_LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

Roupi

Server:
    ASUS M3N78-EM | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4850e 2x2.50GHz | 2 GB RAM | 2x Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 | Debian Lenny mit Kernel 2.6.31.4 | VDR 1.7.12 + extension-patch | Ausgabe über xineliboutput-cvs | T-Home Entertain über IPTV-Plugin | iStreamdev 1.0.1

Streaming Client:
    ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID40 | Intel Atom D525 | Next Generation NVIDIA ION Grafik | 2GB RAM | yaVDR 0.3a

• Hi,

I got some problems to compile segmenter. I installed ffmpeg & x264 by this HowTo.

Then I tried to compile the segmenter with this makefile:

/root/ffmpeg/ is the source directory:

but I got this after "make":

I don't understand, what should I do?

Thanks!

Hardware: AMD Sempron 140 2,7 GHz, Asus M3N78-VM, 4GB DDR2, ADATA S596 32 GB SSD, WD3200LPVT 320GB, Mystique Sattix-S2, TT S2-1600, Atric-IR Einschalter Rev. 4, Multimedia Gehäuse 1HE, Logitech Harmony 525
    Software: yaVDR 0.5 (softhddevice, S5, Plugins: sleeptimer, live, **)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von el_colto ()

• I successfully compiled the segmenter without Makefile just using gcc on the comandline.

Find out where your ffmpeg sources are (for example in /usr/local/src)

Then use gcc from the command line to build the segmenter like this:

gcc -Wall -g segmenter.c -o segmenter -L/usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavformat -lavformat -L/usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec -lavcodec -L/usr/local/src/ffmpeg/libavutil -lavutil -I/usr/local/src/ffmpeg/ -lm -lmp3lame -lxvidcore -lx264 -lfaad -lfaac -lbz2 -lpthread -lz

Finally copy the binary "segmenter" to /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.

This works for me.

Roupi

Server:

Streaming Client:

• tried it without makefile, got the same problem.

after, I tried this:

Is there a problem with ffmpeg-libaries?

Hardware: AMD Sempron 140 2,7 GHz, Asus M3N78-VM, 4GB DDR2, ADATA S596 32 GB SSD, WD3200LPVT 320GB, Mystique Sattix-S2, TT S2-1600, Atric-IR Einschalter Rev. 4, Multimedia Gehäuse 1HE, Logitech Harmony 525

• Maybe there's something wrong with your ffmpeg installation.

I wrote a small howto for myself about installing the istreamdev stuff.
    Until now I installed this on several machines of my friends, it worked evertime.
    Maybe you can use it too (sorry but I wrote it in german only).

Roupi

Dateien

Server:

Streaming Client:

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von roupi ()

• Hey el_colto,

on page 2 of this thread I wrote down exactly my way to compile ffmpeg and segmenter ...
    Maybe it's worth a try ....

so long
    rob.

• Zitat

Original von somebody101
    on page 2 of this thread I wrote down exactly my way to compile ffmpeg and segmenter ...
    Maybe it's worth a try ....

I tried... But it didn't worked.

Zitat

Original von roupi
    Maybe there's something wrong with your ffmpeg installation.
    I wrote a small howto for myself about installing the istreamdev stuff.
    Until now I installed this on several machines of my friends, it worked evertime.
    Maybe you can use it too (sorry but I wrote it in german only).
    Roupi

Thank you, now I compiled segmenter, but I got no Stream on the iPhone. Got this after testing:

Maybe TS is not accepted? But I added in httpd.conf.

PS: Dass das HowTo auf Deutsch ist macht garnichts. wollte nur die Threadsprache behalten

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von el_colto ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!