Using XBMC as default frontend ?

• Hi All,

I just came accross the yaVDR project yesterday when visiting the launchpad page for the VDR team.. what a great idea - until now I have been manually pulling down packages and adding things like liplianin to my system!

I installed last night but I can't figure out how to use XBMC from the installation?

Maybe I'm being a bit dim, but I only have two options in the web interface for choosing the frontend.. neither of which is XBMC (can't remember what they were)
    I have ssh to the box and ran, sudo apt-get update, upgrade, dist-upgrade.
    dist-upgrade pulled down hepi pvr testing 20 but I still don't have the option to use as default frontend, and I can't figure out how to even start XBMC.. (I'm used to the live package where you can use /etc/init.d/xbmc-live to start.

Am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks!

• As of now you have to start XBMC like this:

Use the VDR OSD (without remote control? press "m"), go to "Applications" in main menu (item 5), select it. Then there is a list of applications containing XBMC.

EDIT: We are planning to add the option to configure XBMC as the default frontend (http://yavdr.origo.ethz.ch/node/76)

Cheers,
    hepi

• Aha.. that will be why I can't see the option then :)

I'm not used to the VDR client and didn't realise you can launch applications from within it..

On a side note if you would like any testing done for the English modifications that are incoming for web interface etc. then I am a willing volunteer :)

Great work on this distro so far.. such a great idea !

• I'm glad you are interested in this project since I know your efforts regarding our VDR-PPAs on the xbmc forum. I would be very happy to share information with you because I know that XBMC users have a different perspective on this project compared to the people who have been using VDR for many years. I will contact you.

Cheers,
    hepi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!