BBC News (one more time)

• My VDR is back in action and I am trying once again to tune to BBC News.

Linosat says:

BBC NEWS;BSkyB:11954:hC23:S28.2E:27500:5000:5001=eng:5003:0:6704:2:2013:0

But that gives me a black "no signal" screen

Can someone give me a correct frequency or suggest what might be wrong please?

Cheers

hush Mini-ITX Epia M10000, Sony 40" fullHD LCD @ 1920x1080, Skystar2, ubuntu 10.10 (sucks with VDR), VDR 1.6.0, neufbox HD and media center for recording playback

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kiwi ()

• 1) Which version of VDR are you currently useing?
    (i.e. The VDR Version and not which Distri (e.g. Gen2VDR))

2) Where are you located?
    Although the Footprint of Astra 2A is considerably larger then that of Astra 2D (The home of BBC 1-4, iTV(+1), Channels 4(+1) and Five), the "cutoff" is still about as South and East as Frankfurt am Main Germany (where I live!), and in order to get any kind of decent reception here you'd need at least a 90cm Dish!

The best advice I could offer you is to use the Frequency Info from kingofsat.net and try to ~scan~ it manually

Name: *
    Source: **
    Frequency: 11954
    Vpid: 5000
    Ppid: 5000
    Apid1: 5001
    Apid2: 0
    Dpid1: 0
    Dpid2: 0
    Spid1: 0
    Spid2: 0
    Tpid: 5003
    CA: Free To Air
    Sid: 6704
    Polarization: h
    System: DVB-S
    Srate: 27500
    CoderateH: 2/3
    Modulation: QPSK ***
    Rolloff: 0 ***

* Use Setup -> DVB -> Update Channels; <names and PIDs>

** Ok again since this IS Astra 2A (28.2°e), you should set this to S28.2E duhh. But, there are more Freeview Channels over on Eurobird 1 (28.5°e) as well. Since I happen to have a multisat system (1.0w 4.8e, 9.0e, 13.0e 19.2e 23.5, 28.2e and 28.5e), it makes sense that I would add the 28.5e directly under my config for 28.2e (with the same settings).

Now if you do not use a diseqc.conf file you can still manually scan all the Eurobird 1 Frequencies while using the S28.2E source.
    I'm not sure if the S28.2E contains the Transponder Infos for Eurobird 1.
    And, then since I use DVB-S2 Cards w/1.7.x I don't recall ever having a working Channelscaning app.
    Thuss I scanned everything transponder, by transponder and then backed that file to a SD Card for quick importation (say after a reinstall).

*** IIRC these options should ONLY appear on versions above 1.7.x

P.s. Crap I thought this topic was in german.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Ichijoe
    1) Which version of VDR are you currently useing?
    (i.e. The VDR Version and not which Distri (e.g. Gen2VDR))

The one in my signature 1.6.x

Zitat

2) Where are you located?
    Although the Footprint of Astra 2A is considerably larger then that of Astra 2D (The home of BBC 1-4, iTV(+1), Channels 4(+1) and Five), the "cutoff" is still about as South and East as Frankfurt am Main Germany (where I live!), and in order to get any kind of decent reception here you'd need at least a 90cm Dish!

South west France - I have an asymetrical dish that has no problems with any of the other freeview/sky channels on 2D. It is a bit on the small size when the weather is bad. I hope to upgrade to 90-100cm but at the moment femon gives me STR 78% and SNR 85% except on that one channel where it is less than 50%

hush Mini-ITX Epia M10000, Sony 40" fullHD LCD @ 1920x1080, Skystar2, ubuntu 10.10 (sucks with VDR), VDR 1.6.0, neufbox HD and media center for recording playback

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kiwi ()

• Ok I'm going to make a bold assumption here that you just might have a BBC News (for Astra 2 i.e. S28.2E), in your Channel List.
    Which for whatever reason is not able to clear straight away.
    It seems to me that you are still able to pick up Signals from Astra 2D, so there shouldn't be any reason why you shouldn't be able to pickup BBC News as well.

My advice would be to:

Press the "Menu" Key on your Remote.

Then enter "Setup"
    then go to "DVB"
    Scroll down to the "Update Channels"
    Choose the extended option "Names and PIDs"
    Then exit out of the OSD.
    Then bump the channel (up or down) for a moment and the try returning back to the BBC News Channel.

With luck it should have updated all it's parameters (see my last Post), needed to clear the channel.

I'm gonna take a stab that your not ready (or indeed care about), the HD Channels (BBC-HD, Luxe-HD and the occasional iTV-HD Chnnnel), but in case you do (i.e. VDPAU), you'll will need to make sure that you quicky reset the "Update Channels" Option back to no or it'll reset the values of iTV-HD back to 0 (Zero), instead of VPID/PPID - 3401/3401 as they need to be in order to clear.

Hope that helped...

P.s checking the Footprint on Astra 2D it would seem to me that you are in a better position then I to get it:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.ukfree.tv/styles/images/astra/0_astra_2D_H.jpg]

So I would try updateing the Channel Params first.

• Hi,

Reception of BBC News works fine over here (Belgium, near Antwerp).

This is my channels.conf (VDR 1.7.10) :

BBC NEWS;BSkyB:11953:hC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:5000=2:5001=eng:5003:0:6704:2:2013:0

Greetings,
    Steven

VDRserver : Asrock n3700 + 8 GB ram + HDD Toshiba 3 TB (video) + 2 x 500 Gb (home) + Sandisk SSD 64 GB (OS) + Digital Devices Octopus Cine S2 + DD DVB T/T2-Operating System : Ubuntu Server (headless) 14.04 64 bit mit stable yavdr ppa

VDRclient : Wetek Hub mit Libreelec (8.2 community build von kszaq)

• He needs a *.conf for VDR-1.6.x any *.conf form from us (1.7.x users), wouldn't really help him.
    What he needs to do is to turn the Channel Update(r) [Setup -> DVB -> Channel Update] on and rezap the Channel he's looking for.

Depending on whether or not he still needs iTV-HD (my guess given VDR-1.6.x is not), then he should then return this value back to "No" as soon as he is finished with that update.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Ichijoe
    I'm gonna take a stab that your not ready (or indeed care about), the HD Channels (BBC-HD, Luxe-HD and the occasional iTV-HD Chnnnel), but in case you do (i.e. VDPAU), you'll will need to make sure that you q

snip

So I would try updateing the Channel Params first.

Good stab! :] I don't care about HD and my computer isn't powerfull enough to handle it if I did.

I tried the channel param thing - nothing happened...

What is really strange is the different signal strength between this one channel and all the others. If my config line is correct (it seems to be) something else is wrong with this channel.

• Ok what about some of the other channels on that Transponder then?

Like BBC Parliament, or BBC Alba (Scottish?) what about the BBC Multi-Screen BBCi 8 & 9 Channels??

Are these Channels also dead?

In my experience VDR can be a bit stubborn when it comes to updating Channels, if you use ~incorrect~ or incomplete channel information.

As for what anyone might have posted here, regarding said channel probably WON'T work for you as the channel.conf File, has undergone changes since VDR-1.6.x.

Like I said, at such times as I find that VDR utterly fails to update my Channel(s), I find that once I delete said Channel (with the Yellow button), and then press the Green Button** (~add~ New ~Channel~).
    And then using the values from King Of Sat usually clears this up.

Just out of interest do you use a single sat dish or a multi sat one?
    As unlikely as it seems to me this could down to a poor diseqc.conf config.
    If you are in fact useing a single dish for JUST 28.x°e then you might want to make sure that use DiSEqC (Menu -> Setup -> LNB -> Use DiSEqC; is set to no.
    And that should make sure that whatever feeds your able to get actually get though the Card then.

** From the OSD Channel List!!

• I'm back!

You are right I can't see any channel on that transponder

Cheers

Tony

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!