kvdr

• You could also install a native VDR and use it with xinelibout or if you have a fullfeatured card with tvtime

VDR-Server: AMD Athlon X2 5200+ ,ASUS M3N78 (Geforce8200), 2x 2GB RAM, 2xTT DVB-C 1501, 3x WD AV-GP 2000GB in RAID5, yaVDR 0.5
    Client 1: Desktop PC, Win7

• hi,

under gentoo/gen2vdr with kde 3.x u must set "=media-tv/kvdr-0.63 in the /etc/portage/package.keywords. Other Versions dont install by my system. Mayby it is with kde 4 the same?

by lexi

• Zitat

Original von berndl
    Hi,

have you played around with the kvdr options? Here, under Ubuntu8.04 and Gnome, I have to start it with 'kvdr -x'

regards,
    - berndl

thanks i forget : after starting kvdr i must use the "v" (on keyboard) to become a screen

@ Mike i know my englich is bad hope u understand me?

by lexi

• Thanks fellers for your replies.
    I didn't really explain my setup and why i need kvdr. My Tv is two rooms away from the PC and I can't use a remote. I get output to the TV via an old FF cards TVOUT socket.

Xine and xineliboutput set up their own softdevices and don't output to the FFcard at all so black screen on the TV.

VDR seems to be the only thing that taps into the stream whilst still allowing output from the FFcard..............so it had to be kvdr.

Anyway, long story short, I foubd that my Slackware Linux had a kde3 compatibility aid ( ie install kde3 and Qt3 and aRts in alternative directories recompile and off you go ( well after a few hours more fiddling)

So I now have KVDR working in a kde3 environment on a kde4 machine............panic over.

Thanks again

Mike

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!