- Enhanced the VDPAU blit-based presentation queue to provide values of "first_presentation_time" that have less jitter.
- Add support for R16F and RG32F GLXFBConfigs when using GeForce 8 series and higher GPUs.
- Added support for NVIDIA 3D Vision Stereo on Linux with Quadro GPUs. See the "Stereo" X configuration documentation in the README for details.
- Added support for A2BGR10 32-bit GLX visuals on 30-bit X screens. These allow some level of window transparency when using 30-bit visuals with GLX and Composite, but they may cause problems with older X servers and/or applications. ARGB GLX visuals can be disabled by adding:
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "False"
to the X configuration file.
- Fixed a problem that caused DisplayPort devices to behave incorrectly when DPMS power saving mode was triggered.
- Updated VDPAU to improve thread concurrency. See the README for details.
- Altered NVIDIA X driver behavior in the case that no display devices are connected to the GPU. Previously, in this case, the NVIDIA X driver would pretend a CRT was connected to the GPU. Now, the NVIDIA X driver will not automatically pretend that any CRTs are connected. If the X driver does not detect any connected display devices, the X server will fail to start.
To restore the old behavior, use the ConnectedMonitor X configuration option; e.g.,
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT"
Alternatively, if display is not desired, Quadro and Tesla GPU users can enable "NoScanout" mode, which bypasses any mode timing validation or use of display devices; this is configured with:
Option "UseDisplayDevice" "none"
- Disabled software cursors when the driver is operating in "no scanout" (UseDisplayDevice "none") mode. The software cursor image is not visible in remote desktop applications or screenshots anyway, so having software cursor enabled was unnecessary.
- Changed glXSwapBuffers() behavior for a pixmap such that it is now a no-op in the direct rendering case in order to match the indirect case and comply with the GLX spec. Previously, calling glXSwapBuffers() on pixmaps in the direct case would swap the pixmap's buffers if the pixmap was double buffered.
- Modified the installation location and names of internal VDPAU libraries to conform to conventions and Debian packaging guidelines. New versions of libvdpau expect this layout. Compatibility with old versions of libvdpau is maintained with symlinks.
- Fixed a bug that could cause errors in graphical applications run after a previous application using VDPAU and OpenGL. This behaviour was observed when running Gwenole Beauchesne's hwdecode-demos application.
- Modified vdpau.h to increment VDPAU_VERSION, to reflect the fact that new features have been added in the past. Also, add the new define VDPAU_INTERFACE_VERSION.
- Fixed a periodic temporary hang in the VDPAU blit-based presentation queue.
- Fixed a problem that caused resolution limitations or corruption on certain DisplayPort devices such as the Apple 24" Cinema display or some DisplayPort to VGA adapters.
- Disabled the UseEvents option for GeForce 8 series and higher GPUs due to a problem that causes occasional short hangs. It will be re-enabled when that bug has been tracked down and fixed.
- VDPAU now allows multiple streams to be decoded at once, without the need to set any environment variables.