[ANNOUNCE] Extended EPG Plugin 0.0.2

• So weit wie ich das da verstehe wird das wohl nix da mit BSkyB (UK) und, Sky Itl. Weil die sendet der EPGs auch verschlüsselt, in NDS selbstverständlich.
    Das heißt dann ohne ein Sky Karte bzw eine FTV (Free to View: Der damalige Yellow Sky House Karte), Karte bekommst du da absoluten garnicht mehr als die Jetzt u. Nächste.

EEPG-0.3.0 funktioniert aber blendend bei der Freesat Kanälen und für mich wird es dann ~Gut genug~.

• EEPG also no longer works for me with Sky UK channels at 28.2E. I can pull down the Freesat EPG fine, but no Sky - which is a problem because it seems some Freesat channels don't have any extended EPG data so I previously relied on what the Sky EPG was broadcasting.

I stopped being able to receive this a few months back, but thought it may have been a problem with my system. I tried a clean install of yaVDR 0.2 last night but still no change.

Previously I just used to tune to the correct transponder and pull down the EPG data. Now when I tune, EEPG finishes processing within seconds and updates no data. I believe I can still pull down Sky Italia EPG data OK, but I will check that tonight.

If I could provide any log information to help then feel free to ask.

• Just to follow up, I do not believe the EPG data is encrypted - if you plug a standard Sky UK box into a dish at 28.2E it will happily populate the EPG with or without a card being inserted. The FTV card will change which channels are displayed for 101, 102 and 103 but you do not need it in for the EPG to be functional.

• Do you have a FTV (Yellow Sky House), I think they replaced those Cards though with new White Ones, like last year or something though. I have 2 YHC's but neither of them seem to work, even if they did, my understanding is they couldn't be used for any of the HD (FIVE, 4 iTV2 at.el), channels anyhow.

Like I said my understanding is that BSkyB actually encrypt there EPGs, so without a Sky Card or at the least a FTV (Free to View) Card, your never gonna get anything but, the now and next.

Wilb

You might be right I do have a Skybox so I ~should~ be able to test that much out myself. But then again I would imagine that the Sky Box would have the CAS built-in to decode those EPGs.

I'd have been more impressed had you stated that Box "X" could actually decode those EPGs from BSkyB.

Like you stated the Sky Box(s), probably don't have any issues here, but I'd be pressed to come up with a non Sky Box solution that actually worked!

• Unfortunately I don't have a Sky card connected to my VDR setup - I still have a standalone Sky HD box which I use alongside my VDR system, I'm trying to get my setup working stable & as I want it to before migrating over. I did have Sky EPG data on my VDR system for a good year or so though, until it suddenly stopped working.

From the EEPG wiki:

"New, unknown EEPG transponders will be detected automatically (MHW1, MHW2, Freesat) or have to be added (Sky uses different huffman decoding tables for every country)."

I wondered whether Sky UK may have changed their huffman decoding tables - maybe dingo would be able to shed some light on this?

You are correct about the FTV cards, they won't decrypt the HD channels. You need a full subscription for that. Maybe I should spend some time getting my card running in oscam so I can just test this out - but I'd rather leave this until the very last step in my system migration, as I only have the one card which I need for my Sky PVR to function!

I know I have seen Enigma plugins to pull down Sky UK data, but I think they're likely to be based on the EEPG code anyway. I don't believe there are any standalone boxes that can pull anything more than now / next that other than Linux based ones (and a few that download listings from the internet).

• Just out of intrest perhaps you'd know this better then me, since I live in Germany. But do the Yellow Sky House Cards (FTV) still ~work~ my best guess here would be Sky Three, Fiver FiveUS.

Does the re-activation of such Cards really take upwards of 24h?
    perhaps I haven't been as patient as I should have been.

Besides I thought the newer ~White Cards~ as to my understanding the new YHC was able to open the FTV HD Channels in this case FiveHD, Channel 4HD and the new iTV 2/3/4HD channels.

The reason those Channels are not on Freesat as first intended is because BSkyB have eaten up all the available capacity on Astra 2D (North Ireland and the UK Beam). So those Groups had to use the Astra 2A (European Wide Beam), and of course had to then encrypt the stuff.

Murdocks Money probably helped a lot there too.

Rumor has it though that if Freesat manages to hang on that long, that those Channels will eventually join up after 2013 with the new capacity Astra 2E? That should be available by then.

• I am pretty sure that they yellow house cards were switched off a while ago now - I have an old one at home which I gave up on using as a FTV card a a long while ago because it kept bringing up a "your card is no longer valid" type message on the official Sky box. I will have to dig it out along with my old Sky box and see if it still functions as FTV.

I think you may be correct about the Ch4 HD / Five HD being FTV on a new card rather than actually requiring a subscription, however ITV2/3/4 HD are being launched as pay TV channels here in the UK, exclusive to Sky rather than being available as FTV. ITV wanted the extra revenue that being part of the Sky pack brings them.

• Shame about itv but, then again I suppose it's gotta be hard to resist all that Cash Murdock was willing to put out. But FWIW as a German I'm glad to have the BBC / Ch4 / Five / Food Net. and co if it weren't for a few channels on Cable I'd just dedicate myself to that position (28.2°E), which is what I just about do anyways, that and Hotbird 13.0°E (for AFN).

Now I just have to figure out a way to get myself an FTV Card for Fiver and co. then I could die happy.

• Brilliant work Dimsa, just compiled to run on YaVDR 0.2 and I can confirm your patch has brought back full EPG on (as an example) Channel 4 HD after tuning to the standard Sky EPG frequency for a minute or so.

Many many thanks!

• Ok I ran the patch and I'm still not getting anything from BSkyB.
    Examples of where I'm testing are:

Travel Channel
    Travel Channel+1
    Luxe HD
    Sky News

I'm still receiving the now and next.
    Freesat is still working though... Thankfully!

• Zitat

Originally posted by Wilb
    Brilliant work Dimsa, just compiled to run on YaVDR 0.2 and I can confirm your patch has brought back full EPG on (as an example) Channel 4 HD after tuning to the standard Sky EPG frequency for a minute or so.

Many many thanks!

What might this Frequency be if One were to ask?

• After some more testing I'm not 100% convinced everything is coming through OK either, although the stuff that gets logged to syslog certainly suggests that the EPG data is picked up when I tune to 11778v @ 28.2E. Channel 4 HD definitely had data for the next few days after I installed it, but many others haven't yet.

I seem to recall that sometimes after the eepg plugin picks up the data it takes a while to populate the VDR EPG properly. I'll leave it a while to see whether any more scheduling appears.

• Ichijoe the exact line in my channels.conf I use is:

EPG 28e - Sky UK;BSkyB:11778:vC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:0:0:960,961,963:1:0:0:0

After tuning, the summary output from the end of the eepg thread is as follows:

The last line being the one that makes me think a lot of items got missed?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!