[ANNOUNCE] Extended EPG Plugin 0.0.2

• I have noticed the last line during my tests also, and this needs to be investigated at least from speed performance point of view, however all the summaries and and titles present are there.

Also the verbosity can be decreased if you don't want to be bothered with this information.

I'm not sure if someone has some old logs so that this line can be checked when the plugin worked previously.

• Since your receiving Ch4HD I'm gonna take a stab that you have your SmartCard in use no?
    JFYI 960 961 and 963 are the CAIDs for BSkyB (NDS Crypt), which would go along way to explaining why this hasn't worked for me.
    Like I said the sky EPGs are in fact encrypted aswell. :(

• Zitat

Originally posted by Ichijoe

Since your receiving Ch4HD I'm gonna take a stab that you have your SmartCard in use no?
    JFYI 960 961 and 963 are the CAIDs for BSkyB (NDS Crypt), which would go along way to explaining why this hasn't worked for me.
    Like I said the sky EPGs are in fact encrypted aswell. :(

It should work for you also, you just have to tune to the channel
    EPG 28e - Sky UK;BSkyB:11778:vC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:0:0:960,961,963:1:0:0:0

as posted above

• Ichijoe:

no card - just a cardclient kidding my VDR into thinking there is a card there to decrypt it, just a blank screen until I migrate my real card over.

Try this line instead - same transponder, definitely FTA as its the one which the Sky EPG uses for background music:

EPG Background Audio.;BSkyB:11778:VC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:648=eng@4:0:0:4152:2:2004:0

• After tuning to:
    EPG Background Audio.;BSkyB:11778:VC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:648=eng@4:0:0:4152:2:2004:0

for 30 seconds I got SKY e.g. SKY ACTION EPG data till the 13th.

thanks a lot
    Andi

Here the syslog:

Code
    Oct  5 21:39:20 YaVDRKabel vdr: [2297] EEPG: found 0 equivalents channels Oct  5 21:39:20 YaVDRKabel vdr: [2297] EEPG: found 256 themes Oct  5 21:39:20 YaVDRKabel vdr: [2297] EEPG: found 657 channels Oct  5 21:39:20 YaVDRKabel vdr: [2297] EEPG: found 16658 titles Oct  5 21:39:20 YaVDRKabel vdr: [2297] EEPG: of which 0 reported to have no summary available; skipping these BIENTOT titles Oct  5 21:39:20 YaVDRKabel vdr: [2297] EEPG: found 16162 summaries Oct  5 21:39:20 YaVDRKabel vdr: [2297] EEPG: 496 summaries not found Oct  5 21:39:20 YaVDRKabel vdr: [2297] EEPG Warning: lost sync 113 times, summary did not match 8026977 times. Oct  5 21:39:20 YaVDRKabel vdr: [2297] Filter Pid:34,Tid:a0,Mask:fc added.

• I'm afraid all that that does is crash my system HARD, like #startvdr (EasyVDR) hard. (i.e. restart) :(
    It's enough to make me loose my Remote and Keyboard input to VDR, thankfully I can still use the command line.

• Oh dear - sorry about that :(

Only thing I can think is it may be due to the channel being audio only? My Xine will try and load a visualisation plugin on audio only channels to display some visuals rather than a blank screen to go with the audio, although I can't see why that should crash VDR itself.

The only other thing I can think to suggest would be to remove the CAIDs from the original EPG line I posted, so hopefully like this:

EPG 28e - Sky UK;BSkyB:11778:vC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:0:0:0:1:0:0:0

That should just tell VDR to assume its a FTA channel.

• Does this Patch still work with the older 1.7.0?
    I haven't bothered to update for two reasons:
    1) I'm using an eHD
    2) I want to continue to use the Live Buffer Patch. Specifically Pause and ReWind, or just plan ReWind on live TV.

Could it be that this Patch was writtern for a newer version like 1.7.1x and is no longer directly compatible with versions >1.7.0?

• It might not be compatible only due the Rating that was added. I'm not sure in which version of vdr was the Rating introduced. If someone can tell me a version for which the patch does not work, I will provide an updated version to work for all.

• Zitat

Originally posted by dimsa
    It might not be compatible only due the Rating that was added. I'm not sure in which version of vdr was the Rating introduced. If someone can tell me a version for which the patch does not work, I will provide an updated version to work for all.

I'm fairly certain that it's not working on VDR-1.7.0, and no I do not have access to any working Sky Cards (UK), ~assuming~ that the EPGs are in fact in NDS Crypt. Granted they might not be, but from what I have gathered in the past about this topic and BSkyB, this would ~seem~ to be the case.

• dimsa: great work MHW2 EPG works fine now :)
    Thank you very much for that
    Unfortunately there's still a problem with characterset.
    Altough I have a VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE="ISO-8859-9" in my runvdr script and characters are fine for now/next epg, the texts of eepg are not translated correctly here.

EDIT: I can confirm also SKY UK + SKY IT epg working fine again.

• Ichijoe

The EPG is encrypted in a certain way however this is already handled by the original eepg-0.0.3 and the channel EPG Background Audio is FTA so you can use the eepg.
    My point about not working was that it might not compile on older versions of VDR.
    Anyway you can increase log verbosity on line 43 of eepg.c and check the log what is going on when tuned to this channel.

newsy
    I have not looked into the characterset problem so far. It will be in my TODO list.

• Could I ask what frequencies you are using to test MHW2? Tried tuning to S19.2E:10847V as per the EEPG wiki but I don't believe my box pulled any EPG data in from there even though it logged it as detecting a MHW2 EPG.

I'm just recompiling with debug logging to see if i can see what its doing. The data isn't particularly valuable to me but I just thought I would test the other fixes to see if they're working here too.

• Hi,

I guess I know the reason why a binary compiled from the source package I have created will most likely not work with versions older versions than VDR 1.7.15.

Like already described in this thread [1], the eepg.c includes the follownig file:

Code
    #include "libsi/si.c"

As long as one compiles VDR plugins the old fashioned way with "make plugins", this is not a problem. But when one tries to create a debian package, the question for me was how to offer access to the libsi folder which is a folder of VDR core. My plugin development skills are very low and I didn't find a better way than including the whole libsi folder of VDR core into the plugin's source package. This means that there is now a dependency between plugin version and VDR core version.

If anybody else is more experienced in plugin development and knows a solution to this problem, please go ahaed and describe it.

Cheers,
    hepi

[1] [ANNOUNCE] Extended EPG Plugin 0.0.2

• hepi

I patched & compiled it into a deb package using your source files for VDR 1.7.10 (on Karmic) and VDR 1.7.15 (on YaVDR 0.2, so Lucid). Everything is from your repos - no old style "make plugins" done at all.

• Zitat

Original von Wilb
    I patched & compiled it into a deb package using your source files for VDR 1.7.10 (on Karmic) and VDR 1.7.15 (on YaVDR 0.2, so Lucid). Everything is from your repos - no old style "make plugins" done at all.

Sure, I know. Like I said: Either you do it the old fashioned way or as a Debian package. The methods can't be mixed.

But the libsi folder is copied from VDR 1.7.15 if I'm not mistaken. I think there is also a libsi folder from VDR 1.7.10 in the source package called "libsi_alt" (it is not used).

I just wanted to warn you guys that this may be a cause of instability and that a proper solution is necessary at some point.

Cheers,
    hepi

• Apologies - I see what you were trying to say now.

Just to update, the only output I see when I tune to the Digital+ EPG frequency @ 19.2E with debug loglevel is lots of PMT now / next data and eventually a:

"EEPG: MediaHighWay 2 Extended EPG detected on pid 236."

I don't get anything past that point though.

Just realised though - I'm doing this remotely and its currently my VDR 1.7.10 install rather than my 1.7.15 one - I shall test it against 1.7.15 tonight.

• Zitat

Original von Wilb
    Could I ask what frequencies you are using to test MHW2? Tried tuning to S19.2E:10847V as per the EEPG wiki but I don't believe my box pulled any EPG data in from there even though it logged it as detecting a MHW2 EPG.

yes this is correct. Look into syslog you should be able to see eepg working.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!