VDR Windows client

• Hello and sorry for poor english.

My live has changed and I don`t have time to manage 2 comupters with linux :( I need to change OS on my desktop comuter to windows but I don`t want to resign from VDR :D I can put my DVB-S card to server computer and my question: Is exist any GOOD windows client for VDR or any solution for me (maybe any video streaming but I want to see OSD from VDR) ? What do you propose ?

• If you don't need live TV you can use VLC. Works fine on Windows, too.
    And to manage your VDR server remotely you may use the remote-plugin together with telnet. There you see the OSD.
    Or you may use any other Web frontend like VDRadmin oder VDRLive!.

Glotze: yaVDR (ASRock Q1900M, 4GB RAM, DD Cine S2 V6.5, ZOTAC GT630 (Rev. 2)
    Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer G8, VMware ESXi 5.5 :P

• The VOMP Client for Windows might be a solution for you. It does not have the same OSD as the VDR but maybe it is close enough.

The solution I use for watching TV on my Windows Notebook is VDRadmin for navigation, streamdev-plugin on the server and VLC as player.

Wollmilchsau (im Auf- bzw. Umbau):
    Hardware: Asus M3N78-VM, Athlon X2 BE-2350, 8 GB RAM, 2x500GB HDD (RAID1), 1TB HDD (ext), Cinergy T2 (USB), Nova-T (USB)
    Software: Ubuntu Lucid

Test- / Backup-System:
    Hardware: Asus P2-P5945gc, Intel E5200, 3 GB RAM, 1TB HDD (int), Airstar 2, Nova-T (USB)
    Software: Debian Squeeze

• Zitat

Originally posted by Mr.N!ce
    xinelibout should work too, but i don´t know how :)

Tell me more about this solution - is it posible to install XINE client on windows, whitch will be connected to VDR on other computer (this would be ideal :-))

• hi
    best solution is probably vlc - since version 0.9.x you can get live tv + osd with vlc, server needs the ffnetdev plugin and client vlc needs to be started with following parameters:
    shell>
    vlc --sub-filter="remoteosd"
    --rmtosd-host=<VDR IP>
    --rmtosd-port=<PORT Standard 20001>
    --no-rmtosd-vnc-polling
    --no-rmtosd-mouse-events
    --rmtosd-key-events
    --rmtosd-alpha=255
    --tcp-caching=2000
    tcp://<VDR IP>:<PORT Standard 20002>

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!