e-tobi packages and Ubuntu

• Would it be possible to modify the dependencies in the e-tobi packages so that they would work on ubuntu too?

One example would be the muggle-plugin:

And when checking if the missing flac-dependencis, i get this:

Code
    root@vdr:/video0# aptitude search libflac
    i   libflac++-dev                                                                         - Free Lossless Audio Codec - C++ development library
    i A libflac++6                                                                            - Free Lossless Audio Codec - C++ runtime library
    i A libflac-dev                                                                           - Free Lossless Audio Codec - C development library
    p   libflac-doc                                                                           - Free Lossless Audio Codec - library documentation
    i A libflac8                                                                              - Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C library
    root@vdr:/video0#

To me it looks that the flac-stuff should up2date :)

• I'm using Ubuntu Hoary and the following e-tobi repository

Code
    deb     http://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental etch base backports addons vdr-extensions
    deb-src http://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental etch base backports addons vdr-extensions

Should i switch to the sid-packages instead of etch?

What about vdr-extensions vs vdr-multipatch? It's not completely clear to me what's the difference between these two...

• Umm.. I mean Hardy.. Not hoary :) I getting already confused with these funny names ;)

Ok, so I'll switch to the sid-packages and see what's going on with them :)

...to be continued... :)

• Ok, now i swapped to sid-packages, but it took away from me the following plugins:

Burn
    Live
    .. and some other

for example the burn-plugin needs this stuff..

Also vdr-plugin-muggle gives me some gray hair.. it's not happy with the available libmad-packages..

I added the medibuntu-repository, but that did not help..

• Would it be possible to combine the dependencies so that it woud suite also the buntu-distros? It sounds like too much trouble to set up a buntu-repository...

I'm not so clear about how to create and maintain repositories, but would it be possible to maitain the dependency-stuff etc. dynamically via a database, and then just create packages on the fly based on that, or then by running a script that would generate packages based on pre-defined rules...?

Cause basically all debian-based distros should have more or less the same base, just the way how some libraries etc packages are named...?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!