extrecmenu-1.1, skinenigmang-fonts and French characters

• Hello,

I used skinenigmang-fonts-20070704.tgz to get the symbols with extrecmenu.

But some characters used in France are replaced by symbols. For example, the characters ô, ù ...

Are there any other possible solutions for the symbols in extrecmenu without replacement of characters used in france with the symbols ?

Is it possible to use Vicon.ttf or ViconBd.ttf just to extrecmenu and other VDR menu, use fonts conventional my system?

With skinenigma, I must use the local iso-8859-1, with the UTF-8 that does not work. Is it normal?

Thank you.

VDR-1.6.0
    Plugins : avards 0.1.4, burn-cvs, extrecmenu 1.1, femon 1.2.4, mp3 0.10.1, reelchannelscan 0.4.3, skinsoppalusikka 1.1.5, weatherng 0.0.10-dev

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von micky979 ()

• Hi,

I was not totally clear in my request, I think.

My problem is present in EPG.

Is it possible to use Vicon.ttf or ViconBd.ttf just for extrecmenu, and keep the vdr default fonts for all others menus and EPG ?

Thank's

VDR-1.6.0
    Plugins : avards 0.1.4, burn-cvs, extrecmenu 1.1, femon 1.2.4, mp3 0.10.1, reelchannelscan 0.4.3, skinsoppalusikka 1.1.5, weatherng 0.0.10-dev

• Hi!

In EnigmaNG you can set the fonts for different areas. It's not possible to set a font only for ExtRecMenu listings but it's possible to set a font for lists in menus. Maybe that helps.

To get this feature you should use the lastest CVS release of EnigmaNG and set the VDR setting "Use small font" to "skin dependent". Now you have a new setup section in EnigmaNG: "Fonts".

Regards,
    Andreas

• Hi,

Thank you for response.

I did not specify :-(, I do not use the plugin skinenigmang but only fonts skinenigmang-fonts-20070704.tgz.

I use the plugins skinsoppalusikka.

Is it possible to rebuild the fonts Vicon.ttf and with what tools ? I could try to move the symbols to another location and allowing me to have the accented characters in VDR.

Thank's.

VDR-1.6.0

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von micky979 ()

• Hi!

AFAIK it's not possible out-of-the-box without EnigmaNG.

The only solution I can think of is creating/modifying your own font and move the symbols to unused positions. I use fontforge for font editing.
    Afterwards you have to modify all your plugins the require those symbols to use the new positions.

Maybe it's possible to create a UTF8 font to have no collisions? But ATM I don't have enough knowledge to say if that's possible.

Regards,
    Andreas

• Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Can I use the font and the symbols of skinenigmang-fonts-20070704.tgz ?

I watched a little for UTF-8 with fontforge but I have not yet found.

I post the result here if I can make a few things of "own".

Thanks again

VDR-1.6.0

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!