dxr3 meal 4.0

• Hi, sorry if this question has been asked before but I do not speak German. I have installed a dxr3 card and selected dxr3 plugin in meal 4.0. It appears to have installed in the log (no errors) but what next? Do I have to use a mplayer if so which one? or is the dxr3 meant to appear in the menu. I cannot see the dxr3 plugin in the plugin menu, is this right? Many thanks .

Bad traslation follows!!

Hallo, traurig, wenn diese Frage bevor gestellt worden ist, aber ich sprechen Sie nicht Deutsches. Ich habe eine dxr3 Karte und vorgewähltes dxr3, das in Mahlzeit 4.0 steckbar ist angebracht. Sie scheint, in das Maschinenbordbuch (keine Störungen) angebracht zu haben aber welches folgendes? Muß ich ein mplayer benutzen wenn so, das eins? oder ist das dxr3, das bedeutet wird, um im Menü zu erscheinen. Ich kann nicht das dxr3 sehen, das im steckbaren Menü steckbar ist, bin dieses Recht? Viel Dank

• Hi,

I will try to answer. If I understand your question, you will use the dxr3 as output device and do not have installed a FF-DVB-Card (Technotrend or compatible)?

If this is so, you will get the video output of vdr just fro this dxr3 - so you have to connect a tv to the video-out of the dxr3. You won't get the video output on your computers screen (or, better, not without doing anything I don't know).

But as you write, you can see a menu - do you have installed a ff-card, too? Or where does your picture come from?
    I'm sorry, but I am a little bit confused...

If you just search the dxr3 plugins entry in the menu - then go to system - plugins and if selected in the setup (type "setup" on the console and navigate to software-plugins) you will here find the dxr3 plugin's settings.

Did anything of that solve your problem? Otherways, please write a little bit more detailled about your system and about the problem. By the way, if the german translation comes from a translation website - then delete that bookmark. It's very funny, but not more. If you tried to translate by yourselve, then please excuse me for the last sentence ;)

Regards,
    Elian

Server: FSC Scenic i815 - P3-866, 250 GB Samsung und gepanschtes LinVDR 0.7 mit VDR 1.3.37 und XXV-Resten :-0
    Client: FSC Activy 300 mit Mahlzeit 4.0ß2
    Client2: IBM NetVista P3-866...

• Hi, thanks for your reply. I have a tt2300 dvb-s pci card installed. I am able to receive tv channels. I have installed a dxr3 card, and thought i would be able to veiw DVD's through the tt2300 card output. I am not using any other plugins. many thanks. sorry for the poor translation I hope I did not offend.

• OK, thank you for your reply.
    I suggest you get your video through the tt-dvb? Then you don't need the dxr3 - all functionality is included in the tt-dvb. The dxr3 can be used as output device if you have a budget dvb-card (ie. WinTV Nova or the usb-boxes).
    Of course you can enable the dxr3-output and use the dxr3-card. But that does not make sense for me, as you have a fullfeatured dvb-card.

If you want to change the output device, just go to menu - system - dvb and change the primary dvb device (ie. from 1 to 2). Then (maybe after a reboot) you should switch the video cable to the dxr3... and then everything runs thorugh it.

But I think I don't understand, what you want to do. Maybe you can explain it a little bit more detailled... where do you come from (NTSC or PAL?), how is you tv connected, ...

The dxr3-Plugin has only some settings to adjust - but I think you don't 'have' to adjust anything there by now.

Regards,
    Elian

Server: FSC Scenic i815 - P3-866, 250 GB Samsung und gepanschtes LinVDR 0.7 mit VDR 1.3.37 und XXV-Resten :-0

• Hi, I am in a PAL area (london), and I intended to use the dxr3 to view DVD's, and the tt2300 to view TV, but through the tt2300 output. Would this not be a good solution? At the moment I am running this using a P4, but I am going to change to an epia, so I thought that due to limited CPU I would need the card to watch DVD's.

Many thanks for your help

• Ah yes. Now I understand.

I'm not very into this topic, but I will write down my opinion - no regret that it is completely correct:

I think it is not possible to use an output device (dxr3) through another output device (tt-dvb). But that doens't make sense, too. Your tt-dvb decodes the mpeg stream (whether it comes from dvb or from dvd), and so does the dxr3. The one does exactly the same as the other does.
    For that, there is no difference in processor power needed between watching dvds through the dxr3 or the tt-dvb.

And, now it gets one more step complicated: if you plan to use an epia - doesn't it have a built-in mpeg-decoder, too? So maybe (but thats really not my topic) if you use an epia you neither need a dxr3 nor a fullfeatured dvb-card, because the epia has its own decoder "onboard".

The only thing a dxr3 has an advantage (if I am informed right): with that solution you don't need that lib pidel wrote about (that is illegal in germany) to descramble (I think that's the word) the dvd, beacuse it is built-in. But maybe I am wrong and mix that with the em84xx chip built in the dxr3-similar X-Card or in FuSi Activy for example.

If there are more questions, please feel free to ask. And, I forgot to write: your translation wasn't offending in any way (and I hope mine did so, too) - it was just funny. Maybe english translations of chinese instruction manuals are similar as the translations into german are - your translated text sounds a little bit similar. :lachen3

Regards,
    Elian

• Thank you both for all your help, I think I understand now. I will go and try to download and install libdvdcss.

I have more questions but I will try and sort this out first, Many thanks

• Hi,

even with the DXR3 you need the mentioned 'evil' library.
    The TT-2300 is the best if you want to switch to an EPIA Board, because the MPEG decoding will be done more efficient by the DSP of the TT-2300.
    Decoding the stream on the EPIA itself is possible, but it takes quite some knowledge to get it run. So better start with the TT2300 and myabe a second DVB-S Low Budget Card (you will do so after a short while :) ) like the TT1401 or the Skystar 2.6c or 2.6d. This gives you a quick success starting with the VDR.

The only advantage of a DXR3 is the cost, bur you need at least a second PCI-Slot for the first (low budget) DVB-S card. But if you want a second DVB Card you need three PCI-Slot's and that gives problems on a EPIA Board. They have only one PCI Slot, working well with a VIA PCI double Riser. But this 2 PCI slots gives you one DVB card and the DXR3. So the TT2300 and a low budget DVB card gives you two independent usable Sat inputs ;)

Regards,
    OS/2

Hardware: Asus Pundit, Celeron 2,4GHz, 1 x TT 1.5, 1 x Skystar2 2.6c, B&O Beolink 5000 an LIRC
    Software: verpanschtes LinVDR 0.7 mit mt20050414 Edition

• Hi OS/ 2, sorry I don't understand. Do I need a second dvb card for decoding the dvd? If so would it be better to stick with the asus p4 board? I currently have 2 x tt2300 dvb-s, and 1 x dxr3. I am using one of the tt2300 in a windows setup. As you have probably guest I am very new to linux.

• Zitat

Original von cheeseman
    Hi OS/ 2, sorry I don't understand. Do I need a second dvb card for decoding the dvd? If so would it be better to stick with the asus p4 board? I currently have 2 x tt2300 dvb-s, and 1 x dxr3. I am using one of the tt2300 in a windows setup. As you have probably guest I am very new to linux.

Does the libary just have to be copied to a folder?

• You don´t need an additional card for dvd-decoding. There´s two steps to this: first css-decoding, which is done by the lib, second mpeg2 decoding which is done by the dvb card.
    If you d´led the libs source there should be a file README or INSTALL in the archive with instructions, i don´t know if someone provides binary packages for mahlzeit, but google is your friend...

Provided you have all *.so files at hand and want to install manually, copy them to /usr/local/lib and run ldconfig as root.

regards,
    pidel

• Hi,

Zitat

Originally posted by cheeseman
    Hi OS/ 2, sorry I don't understand. Do I need a second dvb card for decoding the dvd? If so would it be better to stick with the asus p4 board? I currently have 2 x tt2300 dvb-s, and 1 x dxr3. I am using one of the tt2300 in a windows setup. As you have probably guest I am very new to linux.

No, to get a fine working VDR you need only one TT-2300. The card receives the signal from your sat-dish and will also deocde the MPEG stream to a analog video signal that can be viewed at your TV set.
    If you ad the DVD Plugin to your setup you can watch a DVD. For nearly all DVD's you can buy you need the 'evil' ;) library.
    You should copy the library to: /usr/lib/

And remove the DXR3 ;)

The second low budget DVB Card can be used to record another program from another transponder while you watch a program. VDr uses normally the first card for watching. For recording a program it uses the last, free DVB card available. This means if you only have one DVB card in your system, this card will be used for recording. i.e. it tunes to the transponder and starts receiving from this transponder. Quite often you are watching a program somewhere else, so _you_ get tuned to the program :) That's why a second, third or even fourth DVB card is quite handy. the system uses the fourth, third or second DVB card for recording and you can watch the program you started with. Hope that gets it clear.

Oops, pidel was faster :)

Hardware: Asus Pundit, Celeron 2,4GHz, 1 x TT 1.5, 1 x Skystar2 2.6c, B&O Beolink 5000 an LIRC
    Software: verpanschtes LinVDR 0.7 mit mt20050414 Edition

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von OS/2 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!