Frisch aus der ML:
VDR developer version 1.5.9 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.8:
- Fixed handling locale directories with a large number of entries (thanks to
- Updated Turkish language texts (thanks to Oktay Yolgeçen).
- Fixed stripping the context in I18nTranslate() (reported by Christian
- Fixed detecting whether a particular locale is actually supported.
- Added a note about LANG having to be set to a valid locale in INSTALL
(suggested by Matthias Fechner).
- Fixed some compiler warnings with gcc-4.2.0 (thanks to Matthias Schwarzott).
- Fixed setting the locale file name in i18n-to-gettext.pl (thanks to Matthias
- Changed the default for LOCDIR in Makefile and Make.config.template to
"./locale", so that internationalization works by default when running VDR
from within its source directory (suggested by Anssi Hannula).
- Added the new i18n macro trVDR(), which can be used by plugins to mark
texts they want to reuse from VDR's core translations (suggested by Matthias
- VDR now uses the default configuration directory as defined in the CONFDIR
varable in the Makefile (thanks to Thomas Schmidt).
- The SVDRP command LSTC can now list the channels with group separators if the
option ':groups' is given (thanks to Andreas Mair).
- Added a missing error report to cCuttingThread::Action() (thanks to Udo
- There can now be more than one OSD at the same time. At any given time,
however, only one of them can be active (and thus visible). This is to
allow displaying things like subtitles in an easy way. A cOsd therefore
now has a "Level", and only the OSD with the smallest level will be
displayed. The level 0 OSD is special, and there can only be one with
this level. If there is more than one OSD with a particular level, only
the one that was created first will be displayed.
Plugins that provide an OSD need to adjust their cOsdProvider::CreateOsd()
function to hand through the Level.
- Fixed checking for ttDolbyLast in cDevice::SetCurrentAudioTrack() (thanks
to Marco Schlüßler).
Note that the "multiple OSD" change currently has no visible effect yet,
but it is a necessary preparation for displaying subtitles, which will
be addressed in the next developer version.
*When reporting problems, please don't reply to this message!*
Create a new thread instead, using a descriptive subject!