Frisch aus der ML:
VDR developer version 1.5.4 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.3:
- - Increased APIVERSION (forgot to do that in 1.5.2 and 1.5.3).
- - Fixed a crash in i18n character set conversion (thanks to Alexander Riedel,
- Jose Alberto Reguero and Christian Wieninger for patches that cured part of
- the problem).
- - Adjusted the 'skincurses' plugin to UTF-8 handling.
- - Using nl_langinfo(CODESET) to determine the local codeset to use (thanks to
- Thomas Günther). The codeset names in 'libsi/si.c' have been changed to the
- canonical spelling with '-' (thanks to Ludwig Nussel for pointing this out).
- - Modified handling invalid characters in VFAT mode.
- - Replaced strn0cpy() with Utf8Strn0Cpy() where necessary.
- - Now using 'fontconfig' to determine which fonts to use (thanks to Anssi Hannula
- for code and hints on how to do this).
- - If no fonts are installed, VDR now uses a dummy font that doesn't actually draw
- any text, and logs an error message.
- - The new function cFont::CreateFont() can be used by plugins to create and use
- fonts of their own, independent of VDR's standard fonts.
- - Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- - Changed the parameter "OSD font" to "Default font" in "Setup/OSD" (suggested
- by Rolf Ahrenberg).
- - Fixed handling detached processes in SystemExec() (thanks to Udo Richter).
- - The info.vdr file now also stores the name of the channel, and the new function
- cRecordingInfo::ChannelName() returns this information if available (based on
- a patch from Alexander Hans).
- - The new function cOsd::SetOsdPosition() can be used to dynamically change the
- position and size of the OSD (based on a request from Christoph Haubrich).
- Plugins that implement skins should no longer use Setup.OSDWidth etc. directly,
- but should rather use cOsd::OsdWidth() etc. instead.
- Currently a change to the OSD position will only apply to newly opened OSDs.
Danke an Klaus für die neue Version!