USB DVB-T Stick? USB control message "out" went wrong

• gerade wieder ausgestiegen. Selber Fehler.

Hier nun mal das Log:

Glaube Zeile 211 scheint interessant.

Seht ihr da was aussagekräftiges?

Viele Grüße

Mozart488

VDR M:
    Revo 3610 mit yavdr hoffentlich bald
    Hardware: Compaq Deskpro EP, TT DVB-S 2300, 200 GB Samsung SP2014N
    Software: LinVDR 0.7, Dr. Seltsam 2.6.17.8, tarandor+cody, vdr1.4.2-1

• Für alle mit demselben Problem hier eine Antwort aus der Mailingliste:

Leider exakt genau das was ich hier auch feststelle.

Mozart488

VDR M:

• Zitat

Original von Mozart488

Code
    I have seen reports from other USB devices that some devices had problems 
    when USB write/read commands were sent too fast. A short delay between 
    subsequent USB (or was it I2C) commands had solved those problem. 
    Unfortuantely I have no idea where to add such a delay for this device so 
    can't verify whether that would solve the problem with dvb-usb-vp7045 and 
    Twinhan Alpha USB DVB-T stick.

da sollte man mal nachhaken. Wo hat er das gelesen, was muss wo wie gepatcht werden

VDR1: ACT-620, Asus P8B75-M LX, Intel Core i3-3240, 4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 MHz, passive Geforce GT1030 von MSI, Sandisk 2TB SSD, 2xWinTV DualHD, Atric-IR-Einschalter. SW: Xubuntu 20.04 auf 64GB Sandisk SSD.

VDR2: Odroid N2+ mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

VDR3: Tanix TX3 mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

• Hallo.

Leider gehts hier nicht weiter. Der freundliche User Mike von der Mailingliste hat mir mitgeteilt, dass er sich nicht mehr erinnern könnte, wo er diese "Delay-Lösung" gefunden hätte.

Falls also nicht noch jemand anders eine Idee hat, muss ich leider davon ausgehen, dass der Fujitsu-Siemens Mobil DVB USB-Stick mit meinem Epia ME6000 nicht läuft.

Schade.

Mozart488

VDR M:

• Hi,

ich weiss, das Thema ist alt - aber vielleicht hast Du das Ding ja noch in der Ecke rumliegen in der Hoffnung, dass sich noch was ergibt.

Ich hatte dasselbe Problem - sporadisch kam diese Meldung "vp7045: USB control message 'out' went wrong.", meist direkt nach dem ersten Zugriff.

Irgendwann kam mal die Meldung "hub 2-1.3:1.0: Cannot enable port 1. Maybe the USB cable is bad?". Nach einem kurzen Versuch mit einem anderen, "baugleichen" 5-Meter-Kabel hab' ich's mal mit einem 3-Meter-Kabel versucht.

Und seit 2 Wochen ist das Problem jetzt nicht mehr aufgetreten.

Michael

Ubuntu 12.04, yaVDR-PPAs, Kernel 3.7, Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress.

• Hello,

(Sorry, msg in english because my deutch is not that great).

This is an old topic but just wanted to share experiences and findings. I had this same issue "usb out went wrong" with Epia M10000 board and Twinhan Alpha USB2 DVB-T tuner.

Mozard seems to have Epia board also and having the same kind of errors, so could be that something is non-standard in Epia USB ports.

"Mr. Google" didn't have an answer to this problem, only few hits to pages describing the same problem. I have built Epia based VDR and eventually I got frustrated enough to look more closely into this problem.

The good news is that at least in my hardware combination I have found a solution. Maybe it helps in your situation also.

I tracked down the problem into Kernel dvb-usb-vp7045 module and "hack fix" modification in the corresponding vp7045.c source file did the trick in my system (requires kernel module re-compilation).

The problem was the "usb-in" error came always first and after that it started to throw "usb out went wrong" errors. I hardly ever recovered from that error until Twinhan device was disconnected and re-connected in USB port. The exact error code from failed usb command was always ETIMEDOUT (110), so the command didn't complete properly in USB device.

I have Linux 2.6.21.1 kernel but I think the module I modifed is pretty much the same in more recent kernels too (and few steps older also).

I modified "linux-2.6.21.1/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/vp7045.c" source file in a following way:

- From line 22 begins "int vp7045_usb_op" function
    - Few lines below in this function there are two usb_control_msg function calls (the first one is out and second one in usb command).
    - I added simple FOR loop to re-try the USB-IN command few times if the error code was timeout error (and increasing timeout value each time just in case until command succeeds).

This "re-send the command" fix does the magic in my Epia. Jihuuu! I still get "usb in went wrong" every now and then but the driver automatically recovers from it within few secs so I don't even notice it if I don't look at dmesg log outputs.

If you have problems with "usb OUT went wrong" situations in a way where IN command never failed at first then maybe similar "re-try" and timeout increase fixes that too. But, in my case I noticed that the first error message was always "usb in went wrong" and only after that it started to throw "usb out went wrong".

Please see the attached diff path file for a more detailed code lines. This is "hack fix" so defintely backup the original vp7045.c file before appyling the patch.

Hopefully this hack fix works for you also. For me it works great.

- Mike

• you should send this also to the linuxtv mailing list!

VDR1: ACT-620, Asus P8B75-M LX, Intel Core i3-3240, 4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 MHz, passive Geforce GT1030 von MSI, Sandisk 2TB SSD, 2xWinTV DualHD, Atric-IR-Einschalter. SW: Xubuntu 20.04 auf 64GB Sandisk SSD.

VDR2: Odroid N2+ mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

VDR3: Tanix TX3 mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!