VDR and LIRC

• Hiya folks! General vdr-lirc-question: I have successfully configured my remote and installed the necessary lirc-modules. lircd starts, reads my signals (as can be seen with irw) so everything seems to be peachy. I start up vdr with the --lirc-option. When vdr starts it asks me to provide it with lirc-signals - press any key on the remote, and so on. But, this is where it goes horribly wrong, though I bang on all the buttons with all me might! vdr just hangs, doesn't move forward - it seems like it isn't recognizing the signals from the remote.

Is there some other daemon I should run, some conf-file I should fiddle with, or something else? Thx for any advice.

Misha

• Hi Misha,

first you have to build the lircd.conf with " irrecord -f /etc/lircd.conf"
    After (re)starting lircd-daemon you can teach your vdr via TV to create the remote.conf

what remote do you use? For the most common remotes exist ready to use remote.conf and lircd.conf . Just search...

findus

Mein VDR: LinVDR 0.7 + MT, ASROCK K7VM4, Duron 1000@500, 128 MB RAM, Samsung SP1604+SP2014, Medion 4688, TT 1.3 + Skystar 2.6D

• findus
    I am quite sure, that misha has a working lircd.conf, see:

Zitat

lircd starts, reads my signals (as can be seen with irw) so everything seems to be peachy.

So I'd guess, that the file permissions for /dev/lirc* are not correct.

misha
    Are you running vdr as a non-priviliged user? Can this user read /dev/lircd?

Jarod

Gehäuse: Intertech 4U 4416, Board: Supermicro X11SAE; Kathrein EXIP418; OS: Ubuntu 18.04; Plugins: xineliboutput, satip, burn, femon, live, streamdev-server, text2skin:anthra-1920

2x RPI2/3; Plugins: rpihddevice; videodir via NFS

• Hiya,

Thx for the replies and suggestions. I solved the problem in a rather odd manner... I use softdevice (haven't got any FF-card yet), and had previously defined the softdevice-keyboard strokes into remote.conf. I removed this file, and restarted VDR. When asked for softdevice-keyboard commands I did nothing, and after a short while vdr resumed to ask me for LIRC-commands. Now vdr responded to to my button pushes, and allowed me to program the remote. Finally I copied the softdevice-commands back into remote.conf, and everythign worked just fine!

I have no idea why this worked - softdevice quirks, my own stoopidity, blind luck or sunspots - but it doesn't matter anymore. The remote is working, now I'm off to configuring the s**tc*m-plugin. Wish me luck :)

Cheerio

Misha

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!