multiplex streams

• Hello everybody,

i have a litte question about VDR.
    A week ago, i setted up VDR. I can watch the digital TV now and i can even stream the
    channel that i' am watching on my computer trough the network .
    But here comes the question. At the moment, i just stream the channel that i' am watching
    on my computer. On the client side, i use vlc to pick up this channel and it works. But is it not possible to do a multiplex streaming. Actually streaming a hole group of channels.
    This would be very cool because I could watch digitalTv on the client and i also could choose
    between the channels from one group. Now i can only see the channel that is running on my server.
    Can somebody help me with this. I know that this is nog easy but it has to be possible or not??

Best Regards

• Hi,

I don't know how to multiplex multiple programmes into one stream, neither I don't know how to demultiplex them with VLC, however I'd suggest a different solution:
    I suppose you use the streamdev-server on your VDR-pc, right? Wouldn't it be possible to set up multiple instances of the streamdev device, one for each programme on the current transponder?

Bye Jo

yaVDR 0.7, ASRock Q1900M, Zotac GT630 1GB, DD Cine S2 V6.5, 2x2GB, 64 GB SSD, PicoPSU 80W, MeanWell Netzteil 90W mit eingebautem Tinnitus, HAMA MCE-Remote Control

• Oke,

ollir to reply on your answer. I have a budget DVB-card. So are you giving
    me hope??!!:-)

And inderdeed Jol, i'am using the streamdev-server.
    But i think that your solution would be good if I only had to stream 3 or 4 channels. I want to stream 8 channels. So, my cpu would run very fast out of sources i think. But thanks anyway.

Is there anybody who thinks about other solution??

Cheers

• hi,

i use vdr and vdr-streamdev with a budget card. in the plugin setup you can use stream TS.

i use mplayer as client. in the transponderstream of "RTL World" are seven Programms (RTL,RTL2,SRTL,N-TV,RTL-SHOP,VOX and Traum Partner).
    i can watch all programms at the same time. but the vdr-prozess take a lot of CPU and go into buffer owerflow errors.

ollir

• Ollir, thanks for that.
    Then i think i don't use the vdr-streamdev-plugin.
    I get the mono-streaming work with the remote-option in VDR.
    I think i will try to do it like that. I keeep you in touch.

CHeers

• Thanks Ollir,

but i still don't know where to download it.
    There's now options or links on that page to download the source
    and i can't understand Deutch. Maybe that's just the problem:-)
    Can you please help me again?

Regards

• Oke,

i was able to find the plugins, but i have a litte other problem.
    When i try to install the plugins everythings goes good except for
    the streamdev-plugin. Here i get the error: *** plugins without APIVERSION: stream

Does anybody knows what this means?

Cheers

• Hi,
    as mentioned above please checkout the latest cvs snapshot! vdr 1.4x requires/checks for APIVERSION ... VDRVERSION is no longer supported.

For a quick check please search/replace all occurences of "VDRVERSION" by "APIVERION" within the streamdev Makefile.

Regards
    Dirk

• Hallo,

This seems to be very strang.
    I thought i downloaded the plugin but it seems that i just downloaded
    a standalone application(dvbstream).
    So compiling plugins with this was off course not the best idea:-), but i
    didn't notice.
    I just cannot find that plugin. Everything seems to be in Deutch and i have no
    clue about what there are saying.
    Can you just give me a straight url. That would be very nice.
    I was also wondering. I already use the plugin "xineliboutput".
    If i also want to start a second plugin, should i also put it next to the command-line
    that i now use to start vdr-xineliboutput or can i just find the plugin in the menu?
    Thanks in advance

Best Regards

• Thanks,

and sorry for the questions. I never used CVS before.
    Should i first install a cvs-client or is this already installed by default in
    the system. And if it's installed by default, what is the login.
    Is this just "anonymous" or do I first have to create some kind of userId and
    password??

Regards

• Yes off course,

but he two command that arghgra gave me or not working for me.The thing is if i do it like arghgra said then i always have this error:

[root@localhost dvbstreamer-0.5]#cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@vdr-developer.org:/var/cvsroot login
    Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@vdr-developer.org:2401/var/cvsroot
    CVS password:
    cvs [login aborted]: connect to vdr-developer.org(212.112.232.68):2401 failed: Connection refused

so i thought that i maybe had to do something else first, before connecting. And you also spoke over a cvs-client so that's why i asked.

Regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!