Weird Mplayer problem

• Hi,

I've compiled mplayer and the plugin, it works.

What's the problem do you think, well this is it:

When i boot my machine with a startup script during boot, Mplayer won't start, when i start runvdr from cli, Mplayer starts and plays good the movies.

The weirdo about is that i use the same command "/usr/bin/runvdr" in the script and from cli, both are started with the user "root"

I've also made a script to use from the OSD menu in Commands, it stops vdr and restart vdr (maybe shell environment problems was my thought), but then i have a very low volume of sound, all loud (vdr and tv) you can hear some speaking/music.

It's very unhandy to ssh to the vdr, stop vdr with "service vdrrun stop" and restart vdr with /usr/bin/runvdr.

Can someone give a suggestion about how to solve this, maybe i'm looking at the wrong things.

Startup script in /etc/init.d:

#! /bin/sh
    # /etc/init.d/vdrrun
    #
    # System startup script for vdr
    #

case "$1" in
    start)
    echo -n "Starting VDR"
    /usr/bin/runvdr >/dev/null 2>&1 &
    ;;
    stop)
    echo -n "Shutting down VDR"
    killall -9 vdr
    ;;
    *)
    echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
    exit 1
    ;;
    esac

## end script

• Hi,

Probably nobody had this error before, i think i'll make a backup of the system and install everything again to see what it gives, i've tried a lot of options but can't find the error or fault why this happens.

Thnx for reading the subject.

dorpsgek

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!