Switching channel from CLI

• Yes. Take a look at http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Svdrp or simply use this script:

snip /

#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/netcat -w 10 10.5.10.202 2001 <<EOF
    CHAN $1
    quit
    EOF

/ snap

note: 10.5.10.202 is the ip of my vdr. change it to your vdr's ip.

save this in e.g. /usr/local/bin as switch, chmod it to be executable and use it (as described in the above wiki section for the chan command) by invoking

switch 42

to switch directly to channel 42 or

switch +

to switch one channel up or

switch -

to switch one channel down or

switch

to get the current channel (pipe it with grep 250 to extract the line containing the channel name)

• xnalpf, thank you.

I need this to update every night my mhwepg, when it's on a channel what doesn't see the input for mhwepg, it can't update.

I've seen the page with Svdrp-anwendungen after your message, it's a modified Svdrp-displaymsg, very nice :D

dorpsgek

• Zitat

Original von dorpsgek

I've seen the page with Svdrp-anwendungen after your message, it's a modified Svdrp-displaymsg, very nice :D

dorpsgek

Exactly. You can do some cool things with this sort of script.

• German VDR-WIKI...

I was updating some pages in the English WIKI earlier and noticed that there is so much more information in the German one. I can't translate because I have never studied German.

Tony

hush Mini-ITX Epia M10000, Sony 40" fullHD LCD @ 1920x1080, Skystar2, ubuntu 10.10 (sucks with VDR), VDR 1.6.0, neufbox HD and media center for recording playback

• Your logic is flawed:
    - there is 1 Australian registered yet there are many more posting to the vdr list
    - keeping the documentation in German means that the project will stagnate yet DVB-T is now in UK, France, Italy...
    - MySQL was a German project as was OpenOffice. would they be where they are now if the docs were in German only? (yes I can remember when most of the StarOffice docs were in German - I am that old...)

I will post a request for translations on the mailing list

Cheers

Tony

hush Mini-ITX Epia M10000, Sony 40" fullHD LCD @ 1920x1080, Skystar2, ubuntu 10.10 (sucks with VDR), VDR 1.6.0, neufbox HD and media center for recording playback

• It's not my logic. It's just my impression that VDR is most used in germany. I never thought it the other way round. Of course you might be right that it is very popular in germany becaus there is much information about it in german language. Without this information it is very hard to get a VDR runing at all. But after all i would apreciate VDR being used in many countries because some of the hardware might be popular in other countries and HW compatible to not so popular HW here leading to more experiences with more HW and thus more quality of the project.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!