linVDR

• I have been checking out some small distributions recently with the following idea:

- make a VIA Epia Mxxxxx specific bootable CD/USB key with support for mpeg HW acceleration
    - include unichrome x.org Epia drivers, VDR and vdr-xine
    - support for Skystar2 card
    - lirc

I have really enjoyed using my hush but Apple has come out with the Mac mini... I am thinking of switching back to Mac for my work machine and transforming my hush into a full time PVR/DVD/juke box entertainement center.

LinVDR is a logical jump off point but... all the developer docs are in German

Any ideas?

Tony
    (no, learning German is not a good idea ;D )

hush Mini-ITX Epia M10000, Sony 40" fullHD LCD @ 1920x1080, Skystar2, ubuntu 10.10 (sucks with VDR), VDR 1.6.0, neufbox HD and media center for recording playback

• Hi

maybe you could try debian /sarge because i think you need a kernel 2.6 to get the skystar 2 running well and to use the mpeg hardware on epiaboards we all miss a driver.

For debian startsets look for a english manuel for c'tvdr or start with knoppix
    http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html (french version not reachable today)

I think Linvdr is not the rigth startpoint for this because it is more like a "firmware" for people with FullFeatured DVB-Cards.

regard ulf

or learn german ;)

Samsung UE43RU7479U, Antec Fusion Black, Prime A320m-k, Ryzen3 3200G, 2* DVB-T2,
    Yavdr-ansible auf Ubuntu Server 22.04

• Zitat

Originally posted by ULF
    I think Linvdr is not the rigth startpoint for this because it is more like a "firmware" for people with FullFeatured DVB-Cards.

I was meaning as a design example not really as the basis to build off.

Cheers

Tony

PS http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~glaweh/debian/

hush Mini-ITX Epia M10000, Sony 40" fullHD LCD @ 1920x1080, Skystar2, ubuntu 10.10 (sucks with VDR), VDR 1.6.0, neufbox HD and media center for recording playback

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kiwi ()

• Oh sounds good:

Zitat

Drivers for the VIA unichrome graphics chipset series providing hardware accelerated MPEG (1 and 2) playback.

Thanks
    Ulf

Samsung UE43RU7479U, Antec Fusion Black, Prime A320m-k, Ryzen3 3200G, 2* DVB-T2,
    Yavdr-ansible auf Ubuntu Server 22.04

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ulf ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!