Linvdr0.7 channel and scan problems with Budget/Nova-T card

• I did an upgrade first to Linvdr0.6 to 0.7 but found that my channels.conf caused the blank screen reseting. Havind deleted my terestrial channels a picture from Astra 19.2 was seen.
    I next went in via the console and stopped vdr to do a channel scan. I then noticed that I could see channels from the first frequency only. All other channels came up with tuning failed on terestrial.
    At this point I did a fresh install of 0.7. I copied in my channels.conf and diseqc.conf and I got a picture from the nova-t and dvb-s. Changing channels on the DVB-s was fine; but, using nova-t channels I found I had to wait 5 seconds for the red indicator and EPG to appear. But no picture and sound even if I waited 20mins. I could get picture and sound if I changed to another Terestrial channel waited for the EPG and then pressed the same channel number again!!
    As before I went in via the console and tried a teresetrial scan again only the first transponder found channels the rest said tuning failed.
    For this scan I did the following:-
    #/etc/init.d/runvdr stop
    #/etc/init.d/runvdr loaddriver
    #scan -i 0 -a 1 -o vdr -p Ox.ini>>ter.conf

Ox.ini contain whats stored lower down in the /etc/vdr/scan directory
    my nova-t is adaptor 1.
    I also copied the older firmware from 0.6 to replace the tda10045 version but that didn't work, so I guess its not the same any more.

Anyone else experienced this same behaviour or have some idea how to fix the problem ?
    I have had to abandon 0.7 and reloaded 0.6 which work fine and scan's properly and changes channel in less than 1 second.

My hardware:-

Asus Pundit with 512MB and P4 2.8GHz
    sony DRU510A DVD+/-R/RW,CD-R/RW
    maxtor diamond max 9 160G
    DVB-S 1.6 and Nova-T-ci(tda10045 frontend)

• There has been some more reports with long tuning times for DVB-T. Probably caused by the DVB driver.

You can re-use your channels.conf from LinVDR 0.6. Just store it elsewhere and do a fresh 0.7 installation. Then you don't need a fresh channel scan.

Best regards, Mirko

• Yes I suspected that the Nova T driver with 0.7 version was not right.
    Yep, I already tried a new intall of 0.7 using my channels.conf and diseqc.conf from 0.6. Still see the same issue even with trying to keep as many setting similiar to 0.6 on the choice of options and plugins.
    The double channel key pressing is frustrating having to wait 5 seconds between a key press. Although this does not seem to affect recording.
    Until there is a new firmware release for the tda10045a or another work around I'll have to stay with 0.6.

• The problem was with a change introduced in dvb_frontend.c on 4 December - that's now been changed in the dvb-kernel CVS (just a few days ago), but obviously the modification hasn't found its way into LinVDR (which is the main reason I've switched back to a bog-standard Debian + VDR installation, so I can use the latest drivers). Maybe one of the guys on here like DarkAngel who prepare new kernels for LinVDR will be able to provide a new kernel with the latest dvb-kernel from CVS. I'd do it myself for you, but I haven't really got much of a clue - it was enough for me to do it for my own machine...

Iwan

• Ah, thats interesting to know, which probably means waiting until Linvdr 0.8!
    I did look further, from cooper's reference, into the delay time stated in the Linvdr thread, just before christmass:-
    -----------------------------
    LinVDR 0.7: Umschaltzeiten Nova-T >10 sec.

------------------------------------
    And trying to adjust the number of ms based on this:-

-------------------------
    options dvb-core dvb_override_tune_delay=2000

und update-modules ausgeführt. Vielleicht hilft Entsprechendes ja auch bein LinVDR.

-------------------------
    in the modules list in init.d/runvdr had no effect as far as I could see. It was probably the wrong place to try and only works at the compile stage with the vdr source code. Unfortuately, my linux knowledge is as a user rather than a developer.

But I do like the Liinvdr concept, If the scan/dvbtune program could just be included as a plugin automating channel finding using the OSD that would be just perfect.

D.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!