Artwork and backend resume support / Testers needed

• Noone willing to help testing here? I somehow hoped to get a bit more feedback.

MarkusE can you please have a brief look at scraper2vdr at some time just to check if the plugin works somewhat similar to yours (meaning: Does the plugin have the URLs and would it in theory be possible to add new API to deliver URLs). After that I would just give scraper2vdr the "Abandoned and unmaintained" stamp and forget about it. As far as I remember testing tvscraper is just installing the plugin?

Also MarkusE am I right that, even with vnsiserver being the only user, your plugin still downloads artwork? Would it be possible to add a switch to disable this for "headless VDR server only" setups? If yes, I would create an Issue.

• Hallo M-Reimer,

scraper2vdr: Nicht meine Baustelle. Ich glaube nicht, dass es dafür Datenquellen gibt, die wir hier im Forum diskutieren (?). Vermutlich müsste man einen http Server in scraper2vdr einbauen, da die URLs zu den Bildern der Datenquellen vermutlich nicht stabil sind (ich habe jetzt geraten).

> I would just give scraper2vdr the "Abandoned and unmaintained" stamp and forget about it.

gute Idee

> even with vnsiserver being the only user, your plugin still downloads artwork?

Ja, das ist korrekt. Die Bilder werden an verschiedenen Stellen verwendet, z.B. auch in vdr-plugin-live. Sicherlich kann man einen solchen Schalter einbauen, das ist aber nicht geplant. Wenn es VDR clients gibt, die Zugriff auf das Dateisystem des Servers haben, können diese VDR clients auch die Bilder auf dem Server nutzen.

~Markus

Client1: ASUS P5QC, Dual Core 3G, Cine S2, Ext. Board von TBE, Xubuntu 20.04, VDR 2.4x

Client2: RPI3

Server: RPI4, Sundtek SkyTV Dual 2x

• I somehow hoped to get a bit more feedback.

Yeah I hoped that too :( Phunkyfish just recommended me to ask testers from Kodi forums (https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vdr.vnsi/pull/180). But do we need more testers for these features?

As far as I remember testing tvscraper is just installing the plugin?

What I can remember after installing you need to set what channels you want to scrap from plugin settings.

If someday scraper2vdr starts to support new interface we can easily add support for it without modifications needed to Kodi VNSI plugin.