[YaVDR] Tuner0 pixelization issue

• Hello all.

I have a YaVDR ansible headless server with VDR 2.4.0. The tuner is DD Cine v.6.1. + 2 additional tuners connected to the main PCI-e card.

The server is providing signal to 4 clients in the house via VNSI and via Stremdevice-server.

Everything is working good except some weird effects.

When I use tuner0 i am always getting pixelization on some transponder (HD channels) on Bulsatcom.

Every single point of the chain from the sat dish to the DVB card has been extensively tested.

The LNB, the coaxial cables, F-connectors have been all exchanged to new. The satellite dishes has been re-aligned.

I have tested 4 different LNBs from different vendors and they all act the same. General Satellite, Invacom, Inverto Black, Televes they all have the same issue.

If tuner0 is locked to different satellite and I watch 39east via other tuner everything is fine.

As long as no client is connected to the server and I switch to Bulsatcom and tuner0 gets involved the pixelation begins.

Of course I thought that this is a hardware problem related to the DD Cine S2 tuner and I exchanged it to another spare one. The problem has not been saved.

Connecting all 4 cables one by one to a conventional DVB set-top-box gives a perfect picture with no pixelization on all cables so I am excluding a problem with the dish, LNB, cable or connector.

The log is clear with no obvious errors while I experience the weird pixelization.

If the problem cannot be spotted is there any way to disable tuner0 and prevent it to start once the server is rebooted.

I am ready to provide additional information for my setup if needed.

Thank you in advance.

BR

Alexander

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• Hi,

Which driver are you using? Kernel or DD?

Stefan

Test-VDR1: HP rp5700 Fertigsystem, Core2Duo E6400, 2GB RAM, FF-SD C-2300, nvidia Slim-GT218 x1 | easyVDR 2.0 64Bit
    VDR3: in Rente

VDR4: MSI G31M2 v2, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6" gLCD, E5200, 2GB, 3TB WD Red, GT730, 2x TT S2-3200; easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR5: Gigabyte
    GA-G31M-S2L, Intel E2140, Zotac GT730 passiv, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6 " gLCD, 2 TB WD Red, 2x TT S2-3200 (an 1 Kabel) easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR6:
    Intel E5200, GT630 passiv, F1 750 GB, t6963c gLCD, 2x TT S2-3200 | easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR-User #1068
    www.easy-vdr.de

• Hello Stefan. I really do not know. How can i check this?

The YaVDR was build years ago following the official guide.

I believe i am using the kernel as no additional drivers has been installed by me.

Forgot to add the ubuntu version

Description: Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS

Release: 18.04

Codename: bionic

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alexandro77 ()

• There is just one workaround: you can edit your channels.conf and put ONE (no multiple ","-separated values allowed here) value for the wanted tuner number into the CAID field (fifth from the right side). Of course only for channels with that problem.

The tuner numbers count up from 1 here, when "tuner 0" is broken, use 2 in this case.

Of course, that only works for unencrypted channels, since you don't want to overwrite the caid when different to "0" here.

• If the problem cannot be spotted is there any way to disable tuner0 and prevent it to start once the server is rebooted.

You can limit the DVB devices used by VDR with the start argument -D NUM (see man 1 vdr) - e.g. you could create a /etc/vdr/conf.d/09-vdr-dvb.conf that limits the VDR to the devices 1-3:

Code: /etc/vdr/conf.d/09-vdr-dvb.conf
    [vdr]
    -D 1
    -D 2
    -D 3

This works unless the vdr-plugin-dynamite is used (in that case you could create an udev rule to exclude the tuner).

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• I would disconnect the sat cable from tuner0 and swap it with tuner1's cable.

If the problem now disappears on tuner0 - but appears on tuner1, then there is still a satellite cabling/dish/lnb issue.

• Swapped all cables with different configurations many times. It is always tuner0 and not a cable problem. Obviously it is not the hardware problem in the DVB card as well as 3 different cards has been swapped and it is always the tuner0

• There is still the the pcie adapter port0 possible, i guess.

• Still you can tie the better of the SAT tuners to some channels by using the CAID field in channels.conf.

Unfortunately this only works for "free" programs.

• Hardware is not excluded yet, as the pcie-spi bridge port0 was still in place on all tests.

• Hardware is not excluded yet, as the pcie-spi bridge port0 was still in place on all tests.

If i understand you correctly you mean not the DVB card but the PCI-e slot on the Motherboard?

If this is the suggestion it might be excluded as I tested also on a a different slot and no change.

Still you can tie the better of the SAT tuners to some channels by using the CAID field in channels.conf.

Unfortunately this only works for "free" programs.

Unfortunately not possible as the said programs from the transponder are not free.

• Unfortunately not possible as the said programs from the transponder are not free.

Then the problems could as well arise from descrambling issues ...

• I can confirm that the problem is not due to descrambling. Checked many times with different dvb set top boxes and no problems with neither of them.

I believe somehow VDR is not handling well this specific transponder and I am not really sure how to start a debug mode via yavdr console so that I can be more specific with the problem.

Thanks very much for your input though.

• I can confirm that the problem is not due to descrambling. Checked many times with different dvb set top boxes and no problems with neither of them.

Well yes, proprietary set top boxes may use proprietary drivers for descramling as well .... while VDR needs to overcome some purposefully implemented restrictions, and that topic is just "half-legal" and won't be discussed here further.

• Thank you all for your suggestions.

For the moment I solved the problem by totally disabling tuner0 (with vdr-plugin-dynamite) and adding one additional duoflex add-on card.

Now I have perfect reception.

...and that topic is just "half-legal" and won't be discussed here further.

I understand this and it is not a topic I wanted to discuss either first because I am paying subscription for all my cards to the operators and second because it was not a descrambling issue at all. Somehow my VDR was not using properly tuner0.

I performed some additional test this afternoon. Installed a test system based on YaVDR ansible with the same DVB tuner and all of them (0-3) are working normally.

Start to think that there is something wrong with my production VDR running on VM environment.

For the moment the problem is solved and I am not going to investigate further.

I would really like to thank you all for the help.
    Best regards.

Alexander

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!