Debian Bullseye : bad sound, sound and image freezing and restart. (SOLVED)

• Hello,

I use Debian Bullseye with a USB DVB tuner Realtek RTL2832. If I don't use VDR ("systemctl stop vdr") and use "VLC" or "mpv" I can see all HD TV channels, so I suppose that there is no hardware problem.

With VDR, the sound has not the good speed, too fast, sometimes not synchronized with the video. But always, the sound and the video freeze after few seconds and restart continuously. The same situation is produced with the commands "vdr-sxfe" or "xine xvdr://".

I've tried to change the parameters like "engine.buffers ..." in "~/.xine/config_xineliboutput" and directly (as "root") in "/var/lib/vdr/plugins/xineliboutput/config" (restart of the service done) without succes for "vdr-sxfe". The file "~/.xine/config_xineliboutput" is re-written at each time after living 'vdr-sxfe'. The parameters with "Xine" are persistent.

I don't understand why "~/.xine/config_xineliboutput" is re-written after "vdr-sxfe" and loose the values that I set.

The replay works perfectly even if there is some freezes.

I hope that someone could help me :)

Best regards.

Lyx

The VDR packages installed :

The USB DVB Tuner :

The loading of the DVB's driver :

The video card with the output of some tools :

The packages for the video card :

The audio :

The loaded modules :

The ' ~/.xine/config_xineliboutput' used by 'vdr-sxfe' :

Code
    ~/.xine$ grep -v '#' config_xineliboutput| grep [a-z]
    .version:2
    audio.synchronization.av_sync_method:resample
    video.processing.ffmpeg_thread_count:4
    effects.goom.fps:25
    effects.goom.height:576
    effects.goom.width:720
    engine.buffers.video_num_buffers:250
    engine.performance.memcpy_method:libc

The '~/.xine/config' used by 'xine xvdr:://'

The command "intel-gpu-top" with the VDR service stopped :

The command "intel-gpu-top" with only "mpv" without the VDR service running :

With the VDR service running and 'vdr-sxfe' running on Arte when audio video are, roughly, synchronized :

But when the audio and video freeze the display is :

If if use "xine xvdr://" the display is identical even if the software configuration of Xine is not the same.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lyx () aus folgendem Grund: Add the list of the packages for the video card.

• Hi,

You should try with softhdvaapi instead. Probably that output device works better.

If you record and watch it later you have some freezes? Then you should check your signal also.

I think you have 2 problems.

You can try an LiveDVD of an dedicated VDR distribution. Then you know everything is hw supported and its an sw problem. The preset there is better optimized. Libreelec e. G.

Regards Stefan

Test-VDR1: HP rp5700 Fertigsystem, Core2Duo E6400, 2GB RAM, FF-SD C-2300, nvidia Slim-GT218 x1 | easyVDR 2.0 64Bit
    VDR3: in Rente

VDR4: MSI G31M2 v2, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6" gLCD, E5200, 2GB, 3TB WD Red, GT730, 2x TT S2-3200; easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR5: Gigabyte
    GA-G31M-S2L, Intel E2140, Zotac GT730 passiv, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6 " gLCD, 2 TB WD Red, 2x TT S2-3200 (an 1 Kabel) easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR6:
    Intel E5200, GT630 passiv, F1 750 GB, t6963c gLCD, 2x TT S2-3200 | easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR-User #1068
    www.easy-vdr.de

• Hello,

The replay is perfect with VDR, just now I've checked it. The direct is perfect with VLC and MPV.

Under Bullseye, nothing is returned by "apt-file search softhdvaapi".

What is "softhdvappi" ?

How to install this ?

The forgotten packages for the video card :

Code
    i965-va-driver-shaders/stable,now 2.4.1-1 amd64  [installé]
    xserver-xorg-video-intel/stable,now 2:2.99.917+git20200714-1+b1 amd64  [installé, automatique]
  • Hi,

User e-tobi manages the Debian packages for Debian. He also has an own ppa, where he usually has more and newer plugins for vdr. A few days ago he started updates there after a break. Probably you'll hind it there.

Otherwise you have to compile it on your own from the git from jojo61. For Intel most people use it. The softhddrm, which works without X is also compiled from that Softhddevice fork source. Lnjs Softhddevice is another option.

Compiling them is not that easy, maybe it is easier to use the source package from yavdr instead and compile that.

Regards Stefan

Test-VDR1: HP rp5700 Fertigsystem, Core2Duo E6400, 2GB RAM, FF-SD C-2300, nvidia Slim-GT218 x1 | easyVDR 2.0 64Bit
    VDR3: in Rente

VDR4: MSI G31M2 v2, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6" gLCD, E5200, 2GB, 3TB WD Red, GT730, 2x TT S2-3200; easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR5: Gigabyte
    GA-G31M-S2L, Intel E2140, Zotac GT730 passiv, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6 " gLCD, 2 TB WD Red, 2x TT S2-3200 (an 1 Kabel) easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR6:
    Intel E5200, GT630 passiv, F1 750 GB, t6963c gLCD, 2x TT S2-3200 | easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR-User #1068
    www.easy-vdr.de

• Hello,

With the help of e-tobi a solution was found. Thank you to him :)

Even with his help, the problems persists with 'vdr-sxfe'.

The solution was to use the e-tobi's packages and Kodi. The device Softhddevice doesn't help in my case, it was removed for Kodi.

With Kodi is not possible to cut a video, so I use 'vdr-sxfe' to do that.

To use the e-tobi's packages remove all references to his mirror. A key must be added to use the mirror. The solution given is :

The VDR's packages :

Code
    apt install vdr vdr-plugin-epgsearch vdr-plugin-femon vdr-plugin-xineliboutput xineliboutput-sxfe vdr-plugin-vnsiserver kodi kodi-pvr-vdr-vnsi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!