VDR version 2.4.6 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
You can also get the latest stable version at the official VDR GIT archive with
git clone --branch stable/2.4 git://git.tvdr.de/vdr.git
This version fixes a few bugs that came up after the release of version 2.4.4.
The changes since version 2.4.4:
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Fixed handling newline characters in ci.c's CopyString() (reported by Winfried Köhler).
- Fixed checking the return value of the Open() call in cFileName::SetOffset() (reportedby Winfried Köhler).
- Fixed a possible invalid lock sequence in cMenuTimers::OnOff().
- Fixed several typos (reported by Jens Schleusener).
- Implemented anti-aliasing for cPixmap::DrawSlope() and cPixmap::DrawEllipse() (thanksto Christoph Haubrich). The version numbers (both VDRVERSNUM and APIVERSNUM) have been bumped to 2.4.5 to indicate this change.
- Fixed alignment of semi-circles in case of odd sizes.
- Increased the size of the TS buffer to 16MB, to have more reserve when recording several HD programmes.
- Added checking the symbol rate to cDvbTuner::IsTunedTo(), which apparently got lost in version 1.7.13 (thanks to Helmut Binder).
- Now checking for an empty command in cDvbTuner::GetSignalStats() to avoid a possible error message (thanks to Helmut Binder).
- Now initializing the status variable in cDvbTuner::GetFrontendStatus() and cDvbTuner::GetSignalStats() to avoid problems with drivers that don't do this (thanks to Helmut Binder).
- Fixed multiple recording entries in case a recording is started during the initial reading of the video directory (reported by Claus Muus).
- Fixed an unnecessary double call to Display() in cMenuRecording::RefreshRecording() (reported by Christoph Haubrich).
- Fixed a crash in case an error occurs when setting a remote timer.
- Fixed allocating memory for cImage (reported by Christoph Haubrich).
- Fixed parsing the '-l' command line option (reported by Harald Milz).
- Fixed possible compilation errors with libjpeg (thanks to Bernd Kuhls).
- Fixed "read incomplete section" errors (thanks to Helmut Binder).
- Fixed generating the HashId in cEIT::cEIT() (thanks to Helmut Binder).
- Added initialization of cDvbFrontend::frontendInfo (thanks to Winfried Köhler).
- Fixed a bug in handling shared PMTs, where after the first pass not all SIDs of a PMT pid were checked any more (thanks to Helmut Binder).
- Fixed PMT handling in case locking the Channels list times out (reported by Helmut Binder).
- Avoiding a lengthy lock on the Channels list when starting a recording (thanks to Helmut Binder).
- Fixed error handling when loading a plugin (reported by Markus Ehrnsperger).
- Improved handling missing VDRPluginDestroyer() (thanks to Winfried Köhler).
- Fixed initializing tmpbuf in ExtendedEventDescriptors::getText() (thanks to Helmut Binder).
- Fixed a compiler warning (thanks to Winfried Köhler).
- Fixed convertCharacterTable() in case iconv_open() fails (thanks to Helmut Binder).
- Official release.