Problem with updating entitlements for CAM card subscription

• Hi all

I am quite new to VDR so please forgive me for ignorance.

2 months ago I signed for 1 year subscription for CAM module and card from TV operator

I have Digital Devices Cine CT V7 DVB adapter with 4xDVBT/T2 and 4x DVBS/S2 + CI slot

Every month I have to boot to windows (I have it installed on second HDD) so that card can be updated.

At first I thought that subcription is not active so I went to operator and they just plugged CAM with card to their TV and it worked after 10 seconds.

I was using TV Headend at the time, I could watch only one channel (No MTD). So on 1st of May I booted to Windows that have Digital Devices driver and DVBLink installed, and after few minutes it started working. Then I booted to regular OS (Ubuntu 18.0.4) and I could continue watching on TV Headend.

Few days ago I switched to VDR because of MTD, and yesterday I watched whole day. At midnight it stopped working.

I know about computers, but I am not expert at sattelite technology, so maybe this question could be asked much simplier :)

Could someone point me in right direction? Where to look? What to do to make this problem go away?

CAM is Conax CSP PRO CAM

VDR is headless 2.4.1 at the moment with MTD patch and ddci2 plugin. Also vnsiserver is started because I use Kodi.

Grateful for any suggestions

Regards,

Dock

• Hi,

Which TV operator and which satellite?

Regards Stefan

Test-VDR1: HP rp5700 Fertigsystem, Core2Duo E6400, 2GB RAM, FF-SD C-2300, nvidia Slim-GT218 x1 | easyVDR 2.0 64Bit
    VDR3: in Rente

VDR4: MSI G31M2 v2, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6" gLCD, E5200, 2GB, 3TB WD Red, GT730, 2x TT S2-3200; easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR5: Gigabyte
    GA-G31M-S2L, Intel E2140, Zotac GT730 passiv, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6 " gLCD, 2 TB WD Red, 2x TT S2-3200 (an 1 Kabel) easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR6:
    Intel E5200, GT630 passiv, F1 750 GB, t6963c gLCD, 2x TT S2-3200 | easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR-User #1068
    www.easy-vdr.de

• Your CAM has to acceppt "the cookies" (I actually dont remeber the correct wording, sorry) sent by the channels

to get the card/subscription activated for a decent time (in Austria with ORF it is about a year).
    We had to tune to a given channel for about 30 min to ensure to get the activation.

MyVDR: yaVDR-Ansible (Ubuntu 20) - softhddevice-openglosd (ffmpeg 2.8) - epgd/epg2vdr - skindesigner estuary4vdr (adaptiert) - 1920x1080@50 Hz | kodi 18 - inputstream + amazon vod
    Aerocube M40 | 300W | ASRock H61M-GE | Intel G530 | Asus ENGT520 | 2 x TT-budget S2-3200 | ASRock Smart Remote (CIR) | 4 GB RAM | 120 GB SSD | 3 TB HDD

• dock : It looks like your provider updates the subscription only once every month.

If you use the camtweaks patch - first, disable MTD by setting the flag in your camtweaks.conf file to 0x7.

If you still get no subscription update (EMMs), disable the camtweaks for your CAM completly with the value 0x0.

(you must stop VDR before editing the camtweaks.conf file).

BR Helmut

HelmutB passed unfortunately away on July 21, 2022 ... RIP 🖤

• Hi dock,

Here is an additional patch for the camtweaks with which - if I'm not completely wrong - the subscription update should work with MTD and multi packet CATs.

It has to be used with vdr-2.4.3 and is an addition to the vdr-2.4.3-camtweaks-2.4.1.patch.

(The patch has basically nothing to do with the camtweaks, but it affects common code).

BR

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!