CAID priority and different decoding methods

• Hi

I am newbie with VDR, been using TV Headend for some time because it was easier to setup in short time.

But now my wife gave me a little vacation and went with kids to her mother, I was able to make the switch to VDR :)

Hopefully permanent.

Can someone help me with information is this even possible, and if it is, I would be grateful for any guidelines.

First, I would like to know if VDR can use n...... to decode?

And second question is little bigger..

For example, if channel have multiple CAIDs (AAAA and BBBB) and I have for example CAM inserted in CI that decodes AAAA CAID that belongs to this channel. But if in my bedroom someone switch to another channel that also have same CAIDs, and is not able to decode because CAM have limit for simultaneous decoding, is it possible for second client to use second CAID BBBB and use it with n......?

Cos now I have CAM that can decode 2 channels simultaneously, and if I watch something, and record something else, I would like that second TV can use the channels that have second CAID that I am able to decode with n....... I can only decode BBBB with n.......

I don't have o....., but if there is no other way to use n...... I can install it.

I am using VDR 2.4.1 and only 2 plugins, vnsi-server and ddci2 from Jasmin

VDR is headless, clients use Kodi

Thanks

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu () aus folgendem Grund: Do to legal situation, it's not allowed to discus any kind of software encryption here. Please use other sources.

• We cannot talk about any software decryption here due to legal restrictions, please don't mention these names here again. Thanks.

As far as I remember, ddci was general able to do MTD (Multi Transponder Decrypt) ... ?

What's your approach? One central VDR (server) with 1+n KODI Clients using VNSI? As far as I now, VNSI does not allow simultaneous connection of two KODI clients ...

HowTo: APT pinning

• VNSI allows as many Kodi connections as your LAN and server can handle.

Are you sure? Last time I tried it with one VDR instance using vdr-plugin-vnsiserver, I could not use two independent KODI clients. A second client was always dependend from a first one.

I remember also asking the developer, telling me this is not in scope ...

Regards

• When did you ask this?

Just to be sure I did a short try. "Das Erste" directly on my HTPC (Kodi as only frontend there) which also contains the VDR instance in backend.

Then I enabled the VNSI Addon on Kodi on my Desktop PC and tuned to "Pro Sieben" there.

Now both systems play a TV channel without any problem...

The only downside is that VNSI is officially unmaintained. But compared to TVheadend VDR itself still seems to be the more active project. For me the TVheadend project looks pretty dead.

I somewhat hope that VDR itself will receive video streaming capability at some point (as part of Klaus's attempts to make VDR more network friendly). As soon as this happens, it would be possible to try to connect Kodi directly to a VDR server without a plugin on VDR side at all.

• When did you ask this?

So roughly end of 2018. I never got it run flawless with independent VNSI/KODI clients, if I have done something on one client, something happened on the second ...

I remember helau told me the same experience ... because if this would work stable, you could overcome VDR-to-VDR streamdev dependency on a VDR headless server and KODI client setup.

I had a look into last changes, nothing mentioned regarding support of multiple independent KODI clients. So, I stick with my statement.

And vnsiserver has always been designed to be the connection for VDR as (local) TV backend into (local) KODI.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• I can confirm.

I have one VDR Server (YaVDR Ansible) and have 5 independent kodi machines connected to the server via VNSI.

No problems whatsoever.

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• Hi all

Thanks for replying

Sorry if I spoke about something I shouldn't have, but I don't have anything illegal in my setup.

CAID's AAA and BBB are not real, it's just for illustrations.

local CAM have proper subscription, and another card for CAID BBB also have paid subscription

It is just not in my home but in my office, but I have access to it via VPN.

My setup is like you guessed, one headless server with Digital Devices Cine CT V7 DVB adapter.. Basically ddbridge with 4 DVB-T/T2 and 4 DVB-S/S2 tuners.

So it's 8 tuners in total. Also, on dd bridge PCI-E card there is CI adapter connected to it with CAM module I purchased from provider.

CAM can decode 8 channels at the same time, that is why I would like to make MTD work.

I downloaded VDR, ddci2 and vnsiserver plugin. I also downloaded MTD patches from

[Patch] CAM-Tweaks für Multi Channel Decryption

I applied those patches, installed vdr and copied libs to lib directory and started w_scan to create channels.conf

I modified diseqc.conf to reflect my uncommited positions on each LNB, activated diseqc in setup.conf

Also, I added line to camtweaks.conf to allow MTD on my CAM.

After starting VDR I couldn't tune to any channel except DVB-T, but I saw in log that VDR is performing some changes to channels.conf. It's like it's modifying PIDS, CAIDs and some other channel parameters.

I am not sure if all the setup I did is correct. I read somewhere that MTD should be working in VDR 'as-is', but on some other post on forum that I translated with google translate (the one I took patches from) said that it should be patched, so I do not know if I did was correct.

Anyway, while I'm writing this, EPG appeared in Kodi, so at least I got that :)

Basically I would now share some of my conf files but fnu scared me with his warning and I do not know what can I share and what I can not :)

Can we conclude that vnsiserver can provide multiple simultaneous Kodi sessions? Or should I go some other way?

Also if I can ask, what would be the way to have OSD available remotely?

On some older posts that I also translated with google translate, it says that vnsi-server can provide OSD, I also saw some screenshots here

New to VDR - install

But I do not have that in Kodi when I install vnsi-client

So I stumbled on [Announce] osd2web Plugin

And I installed this plugin. It starts but I can not access it via web.

If anyone have any suggestion or advice, I would be grateful

• Hi,

You should use VDR 2.4.2. HelmutB patches a lot in the last time acc. to things you wrote.

VDR is available via git since a few months.

OSD2web is a Plugin to use TFT screens as additional screen in VDR.

I cannot help you any more, I just use VDR as frontend. Why should I use the extremely uncomfortsble Kodi frontend... Yes it can do a lot, but usability and easy usage is other...

In easyvdr we have the PChanger for easy switching between both programs and others as well. (easyvdr does not help you, we are currently using VDR 2.2)

Regards Stefan

Test-VDR1: HP rp5700 Fertigsystem, Core2Duo E6400, 2GB RAM, FF-SD C-2300, nvidia Slim-GT218 x1 | easyVDR 2.0 64Bit
    VDR3: in Rente

VDR4: MSI G31M2 v2, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6" gLCD, E5200, 2GB, 3TB WD Red, GT730, 2x TT S2-3200; easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR5: Gigabyte
    GA-G31M-S2L, Intel E2140, Zotac GT730 passiv, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6 " gLCD, 2 TB WD Red, 2x TT S2-3200 (an 1 Kabel) easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR6:
    Intel E5200, GT630 passiv, F1 750 GB, t6963c gLCD, 2x TT S2-3200 | easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR-User #1068
    www.easy-vdr.de

• Hi
    Thanks for help, can you send me link to VDR 2.4.2 on git? I can not find it.

All my cables from antennas at roof are coming to small room just below the roof. And I have 2 more floors below in the house. So technically I don't have an option to put a monitor on it and actively use it.

I already tried minisatip but I couldn't make MTD with ddci to work with it.

TV Headend served me well until I purchased CAM module with card on subscription. I didn't even think it will be a problem because several years ago while I was using DVB Link on windows and had CAM, I didn't had any problems with MTD.

Only later when I already purchased CAM while I was on TV Headend, I learned that Windows OS is allowed to have MTD in drivers, but on Linux this is not a case..

Anyway, seems like I managed to get VDR working.

I kept receiving errors on tuning to any channel except DVB-T. On each tune I was receiving "VNSI: Channel: no data 16"

So I stumbled on some post on forum that showed setup.conf with vnsi activated via OSD and after I added those records, it started to work. I didn't had those records in setup.conf before. Maybe it would help somebody like me in future.

vnsiserver.AvoidEPGScan = 1

vnsiserver.DisableCamBlacklist = 0

vnsiserver.DisableScrambleTimeout = 0

vnsiserver.GroupRecordings = 1

vnsiserver.PlayRecording = 0

vnsiserver.PmtTimeout = 0

vnsiserver.Timeshift = 1

vnsiserver.TimeshiftBufferDir =

vnsiserver.TimeshiftBufferFileSize = 6

vnsiserver.TimeshiftBufferSize = 5

• HowTo: APT pinning

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!