OSD cut at right side

• Since around october this year, my yavdr ansible installation (which I regularily update with apt dist-upgrade), has an OSD display that is cut on the right side. I'm wondering if this can be a software issue, or indicates a hardware problem? I'm running on an nvidia ion2 motherboard (ASUS AT5IONT-I Atom D525).

Screenshot here; https://snipboard.io/81T3qY.jpg

• This could be a case of non-quadratic pixels - you could try to uncomment the option nvidia_force_dpi (https://github.com/yavdr/yavdr…bionic/group_vars/all#L90 - remove the number sign and whitespace at the beginning of the line) and re-run the role yavdr-xorg:

sudo -H ansible-playbook yavdr07.yml -b -i 'localhost_inventory' --connection=local --tags="yavdr-xorg"

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Which skin plugin are you using?

• It looks like Skindesigner, I guess.

There are some options for it in the OSD (System - Settings - Plugins - skindesigner).

One is to define the right resolution which should solve your first problem.

MyVDR: yaVDR-Ansible (Ubuntu 20) - softhddevice-openglosd (ffmpeg 2.8) - epgd/epg2vdr - skindesigner estuary4vdr (adaptiert) - 1920x1080@50 Hz | kodi 18 - inputstream + amazon vod
    Aerocube M40 | 300W | ASRock H61M-GE | Intel G530 | Asus ENGT520 | 2 x TT-budget S2-3200 | ASRock Smart Remote (CIR) | 4 GB RAM | 120 GB SSD | 3 TB HDD

• Hi, thanks for putting me on the right path. It was me using an old unsupported OSD plugin called pearlHD. It seems like it uses custom calculations for drawing which doesn't work with the latest VDR. Switching to EnigmaNG or others seems to work.

Too bad there's no current version of pearlHD, it's visually one of the best OSD implementations.

• Too bad there's no current version of pearlHD, it's visually one of the best OSD implementations.

You have never seen estuary4vdr which works with skindesigner, right? But tastes differ

MyVDR: yaVDR-Ansible (Ubuntu 20) - softhddevice-openglosd (ffmpeg 2.8) - epgd/epg2vdr - skindesigner estuary4vdr (adaptiert) - 1920x1080@50 Hz | kodi 18 - inputstream + amazon vod
    Aerocube M40 | 300W | ASRock H61M-GE | Intel G530 | Asus ENGT520 | 2 x TT-budget S2-3200 | ASRock Smart Remote (CIR) | 4 GB RAM | 120 GB SSD | 3 TB HDD

• I have seen all the new fancy ones with pip etc, but they are simply too demanding on my ion2 atom 525 board, so it takes about half a second to get the osd up. I guess I should have qualified my statement as 'visually one of the best, yet efficient...".

• You could try vdr-plugin-softhddevice or vdr-plugin-softhddevice-openglosd-ffmpeg-2.8 as output plugin - those two packages provide a hardware accelerated OSD, so even my old ION-1 is fast enough.

• but they are simply too demanding on my ion2 atom 525 board

ok, didn't get that before.

But please do yourself a favour and try what Seahawk mentioned - we have a modified estuary4vdr and me and my girls have never been happier with the OSD (and we have tried a lot of Skins).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!