[YaVDR 0.6.2] Suspendoutput and audio after wakeup

• Dear all,

I am using vdr-plugin-suspendoutput. It is working good except I have the following issue. Whenever the output is suspended, no audio is presented after wakeup. To restore the sound I need not only to restart the VDR but to reboot the whole system.

My frontend is vdr-plugin-softhddevice.

Do I have an option to force audio after exit from suspendoutput mode?

Thanks.

YaVDR 0.6.2 as a VNSI server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD + MCE Remote for KODI. Streamdev client only.
    4 x KODI - Asus AT3Iont, 2gb RAM, 32gb SSD, MCE Remote @ dBox1 case

UNRAID - 60tb storage, Supermicro based.

• Can you provide more details (Audio configuration, connected devices, syslog etc.)?

Do you really need vdr-plugin-suspendoutput? You can detach softhddevice if you don't want an active output device.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Hello seahawk,

Tis is my ALSA custom sound configuration:

Except the YaVDR server, there are also 4 more machines with libreelec installed around the house but the problem is only with the VDR. If I switch to Kodi on the server, the sound is fine. The absence of sound can only be experienced under VDR server after a wakeup from suspended output.

The reason I need suspendoutput plugin is due to the fact that I would like to disengage a tuner from activity to give room of other clients and also for recordings (my timer list is not busy at all but for the sake of good order to prevent any possible scenario to run out of free tuners).

Sadly cannot attach the syslog as it is 2mb large and pastebin also do not permit so many rows.

In case you think I can detach softhddevice by any other method I would gladly do so. I do not necessarily need vdr-plugin-suspendoutput.

Thank you for your input.

Best regards

Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD + MCE Remote for KODI. Streamdev client only.

• If it's 0.62 as in your signature, you have the vdr-plugin-dynamite to do the job. It is configurable with svdrpsend or (yavdr-)OSD.

--
    vdr User #2022 - hdvdr2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670S, 12 GB Ram, Grafik i915 (4600), softhddevice-vpp
    Octopus (ddbridge-6.5) mit 2xDVB-S2 und (Flex) 2xDVB-C/T Tunern
    System SSD btrfs, apt-btrfs-snapper, 8TB HDD XFS /srv/vdr, yavdr-ansible-2.4.1, mainline-Kernel 5.3.10 (ukuu)

epgd/tvm/tvsp (Frodo), vdradmin-am, vdrmanager (Smartphone als FB) + FLIRC und Standard-FB

• Dear wmautner,

Thank you very much for your input.

I am going to test your suggestion and will report back later.

Best regards.

• Ehm, I misread your posting: you can use vdr-plugin-dynamite to detach one or the other dvb tuner, but vdr-svdrp itself to detach softhddevice (which is also occupying a tuner usually unless you playback a recording). Simply - maybe from a script - do a "svdrpsend plug softhddevice DETA" and ATTA to reattach.

--
    vdr User #2022 - hdvdr2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670S, 12 GB Ram, Grafik i915 (4600), softhddevice-vpp
    Octopus (ddbridge-6.5) mit 2xDVB-S2 und (Flex) 2xDVB-C/T Tunern
    System SSD btrfs, apt-btrfs-snapper, 8TB HDD XFS /srv/vdr, yavdr-ansible-2.4.1, mainline-Kernel 5.3.10 (ukuu)

epgd/tvm/tvsp (Frodo), vdradmin-am, vdrmanager (Smartphone als FB) + FLIRC und Standard-FB