VDR 2.2.0 Language code - BUL

• Hello,

I am still using VDR2.2.0 for my main server.

Noticed that there is no Language code for Bulgarian implemented.

As I have set preference for English audio, every time I switch to Bulgarian channel the audio/subtitle settings have to be amended so that I have Bulgarian audio or subtitles.

Is there any way that I can set Bulgarian as a proffered language?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• Dear Helmut,

Thank you very much for this patch.

One more favor to ask you. Could you please let me know how to apply it.

Thanks once again.

Best regards.

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• To apply the patch to the VDR sources, you could copy it into the vdr-2.2.0 source directory and run patch -p1 < vdr-2.2.0-Add-bul-LanguageCode.patch.

But as i m using gentoo, i dont know the right steps to patch and build your own binary of VDR for YaVDR.

May be some other forum members can help you (i think seahawk1986 is the master of the yavdr universe).

BG

Helmut

• Thanks Helmut and sorry for the noobs questions.

I am going to wait for seahawk1986 to advise.

All the best.

• I am not able to upload new packages for Ubuntu 14.04 since it reached it's end of life earlier this year.

To rebuild the vdr package with the patch it should be sufficient to do the following steps:

Create a ~/.quiltrc

Code: ~/.quiltrc
    d=. ; while [ ! -d $d/debian -a `readlink -e $d` != / ]; do d=$d/..; done
    if [ -d $d/debian ] && [ -z $QUILT_PATCHES ]; then
            # if in Debian packaging tree with unset $QUILT_PATCHES
            QUILT_PATCHES="debian/patches"

if ! [ -d $d/debian/patches ]; then mkdir $d/debian/patches; fi
    fi

Download the build dependencies and the patch and the package sources, then build and install the package:

Code
    sudo apt install build-essential fakeroot devscripts
    sudo apt install build-dep vdr
    wget --no-check-certificate 'https://www.vdr-portal.de/index.php?attachment/43200-vdr-2-2-0-add-bul-languagecode-patch/' -O 'vdr-2.2.0-Add-bul-LanguageCode.patch'
    apt-get source vdr
    cd vdr-2.2.0*
    quilt import ../vdr-2.2.0-Add-bul-LanguageCode.patch
    . /etc/lsb-release
    dch -l local -D "$DISTRIB_CODENAME" "add patch for bulgarian langugage code"
    dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
    sudo dpkg -i ../vdr-2.2.0_*local*.deb

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Dear seahawk1986 ,

thank you very much for this useful information.

I am going to try this walkthrough tonight and will report back asap.

Best regards.

• Hello again seahawk1986 ,

I have successfully managed to compile the VDR with the patch following the steps you kindly provided.

Now I have the following in my home directory:

I understand that I have to install the VDR in the system.

Which one do I need and how to proceed further?

I can see that some plugins have been compiled as well.

Once again, sorry for all the questions, but I am really a rookie in the Linux world.

Thank you.

Best regards

• Wow, it is working now:

I have executed the following command:

Zitat

sudo dpkg -i /home/vdr_2.2.0-13yavdr0~trustylocal1_amd64.deb

It is so much better experience to have automatically selected audio and subtitles language now.

Thank you so much for this patch and the overall help.

What a fantastic board.

Hope one day in the future it will be implemented in the next VDR versions and YaVDR distributions by default.

Best regards.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!