Solution for Satip and Unicable LNBs

• Hi,

The existing Unicable LNBs need more time to startup than regular quad LNBs.

(Inverto has two models. I use the Durline UK124).

If these LNBs are not supplied from another source (== already booted), the plugin does not wait long enough for the LNB to boot up. So the stream is stopped and the power is removed.

With VLC I see the same behavior.

Is there a way to increase the timeout? or is this timeout controlled by the DD Octopus? (DD support said no).

Edit: See posting #6 for a solution.

Grüße, Dieter :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Dieter ()

• Just found this:

Code
    class cSatipDevice
    enum
    eTuningTimeoutMs = 1000  // in milliseconds

So it is hardcoded, but still not to complicated to change. I will try to increase for a test.

• There is a second definition with same name. That should be long enough (20secs).

Code
    class cSatipTuner
    eTuningTimeoutMs          = 20000, // in milliseconds

Seems that it a bit more complicated as I first tougth. :)

I think the constant with the 1 sec is used to tune.

• I am not sure if this helps also for satip & unicable, but try searching for "systemctl enable wait-for-dvb@0.service" over all forums.

MyVDR: yaVDR-Ansible (Ubuntu 20) - softhddevice-openglosd (ffmpeg 2.8) - epgd/epg2vdr - skindesigner estuary4vdr (adaptiert) - 1920x1080@50 Hz | kodi 18 - inputstream + amazon vod
    Aerocube M40 | 300W | ASRock H61M-GE | Intel G530 | Asus ENGT520 | 2 x TT-budget S2-3200 | ASRock Smart Remote (CIR) | 4 GB RAM | 120 GB SSD | 3 TB HDD

• Hi,

The Octopus turns on the LNB supply after it gets a stream request. For that the VDR must run first.

Well, I could hack some simple code that opens a stream before starting VDR. Not to nice though.

• Hi,

I changed this value from 1000 to 5000 and it seams to work just fine now without an external power supply for the LNB (mine is Dura-Line UK124).

At start of VDR it takes a few seconds until the LNB booted.

Code
    class cSatipDevice
    enum
    eTuningTimeoutMs = 5000  // in milliseconds

rofafor: Do you think this is ok, or is there some hidden problem?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!