Restart VDR?

• Hello,

I'm looking for a way to restart the VDR, after stopping it from the Commands menu.

After stopping the VDR the screen goes blank (which is expected, of course), but after that I haven't found a way to restart VDR, without restarting the whole system (Raspberry Pi3).

Would it be possible to configure some (keyboard) key, like Enter, Space or S, to restart the VDR?

Alternatively, is there a way to disconnect from the backend server, in order to release it to shutdown? I haven't found a way to do this in the client side VDR, without stopping the VDR, or shutting down the client.

Thanks,

Kari

PS. My backend server is running yaVDR, for historical reasons. I don't know if that makes a difference here..

• For what reason you are stopping the VDR by using the command menu?

In case of a rpi3 there is no handy way to restart after this command.

If you are able to open a console you could use:

Code
    sudo service vdr start
  • I do not run MLD and not on a Raspi - but VDR has a feature to run commands, which can be stored in the "commands.conf" ... So depending on the upstart/systemd or whatever init system is used, you should be able to trigger a restart by just calling the command.

Or sending it to the background as an adhoc cron task (if e.g. "at" is installed).

Search the wiki or the forum, there is plenty "old" entries on this if I remember correctly.

• PS. My backend server is running yaVDR, for historical reasons. I don't know if that makes a difference here..

You should be able to see the reason why the (ya)VDR does not want to shutdown in the syslog (/var/log/syslog).

If it happens because a streamdev-client connection is active you could use the suspendoutput plugin to prevent the vdr on the raspberry pi tuning to a channel (you should disable the automatic epg scan in the settings, too).

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seahawk1986 ()

• You can restart the VDR by switching to console 1 and call "start vdr"

If you only want to suspend the VDR, you can install the suspend package and then use the power key to suspend the VDR. After that you can wake up the VDR by pressing a key on the remote or the keyboard.

If you want to see the reason why the MLD system do not power off by pressing the power button, have a look on console 1 or in the /var/log/sysinit

MLD 5.5 mit vdr 2.6 - lirc yaUSBir - Octopus NET S2 - SCR - XFX GeForce 9300 mit Intel E3200 - 2GB RAM - WD Green 12TB HDD - SanDisk 64GB SSD - Lian Li PC-C37B - Samsung LE40A559
    MLD 5.5 mit vdr 2.4 - Raspberry Pi 3 - rpihddevice
    MLD 5.5 mit Squeeze Play - Raspberry Pi 2 - 32GB SD - 7" Touch TFT

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!