EPG on Canal Digital (DVB-EPG) Norway

• I cannot get it to save my settings for some reason. I finally managed to add the channel (right arrow to "selected" was the step I did not understand!) then I get the option to map the channel to EPG source. So I go to EPG SOURCE CHANNEL MAPPINGS, click on "none", select the EPG channel and then it looks like this.

At this point in the log it says "saved setup to /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf".

What does F4 / Copy mean here? If I click it it just prompts to "copy to all mapped channels?" but I dont know how to accept... (tried F2 since the color was green but....)

If I backspace out of the menu and back in the mapping is gone. What am I doing wrong?

• If I backspace out of the menu and back in the mapping is gone. What am I doing wrong?

The vdr way of leaving a menu screen with saving changes is pressing ok (which won't work if currently a menu element for free text entry is selected, so in this case you may need to move the cursor to a menu item with predefined values).

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Glad to hear. :)

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Client2: Alfawise H96 Pro Plus * KODI
    - Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin
    - SAT>IP: Inverto iLNB

• Zitat

when you use honeybee do you get images in the GUI of Kodi as-well (or do you only use OSD directly from VDR?

corvy, Kodi get the epg-images from vdr epg database. But the problem is to download the episode images from honeybee to /var/lib/epgsources/imgfolder, transform the xmltv file from https reference to file reference and import this into the xmltv2vdr plugin for each episode.

Xmltv2vdr do not support downloading images from Internet, only serve the filepath for the imagefile to vdr.

You need to use the Kodi Leia build for epg image support.

Example : transform the icon tag in xml file from https reference to file reference

Sorry to say it, but if you want epg images in Kodi tvheadend is a better choice. But I going to try to find a way to this also in vdr.

• Attached is the official fix for the missing EPG data on Canal Digital Norway.

Apparently this broadcaster sends the future EPG for all channels (even those on other transponders) on one single transponder, instead of sending the data for the channels on the same transpoder as the actual programmes.

The change to eit.c for version 2.4.0, which stopped it from parsing the tables for future EPG data on other transponders (introduced to avoid problems with broadcasters that send faulty EPG data), apparently broke the EPG for Canal Digital Norway.

Klaus

• kls Thanks for your help! EPG is working great now!

haraldov vdr is my only choice due to MTD support only working on VDR. I love the fact that dvblink/tvmosaic creates images in kodi for recordings, and GUI candy in EPG would be nice; but for now this looks like a very stable solution. Much faster than any VDR solution I have used to date AND I do not have to manually struggle to get all the EPG matched from XMLTV....

Thanks to all for helping!

• Zitat

I love the fact that dvblink/tvmosaic creates images in kodi for recordings, and GUI candy in EPG would be nice

You can try IPTV Simple PVR w/Recording Support (IPTV with recording) which support importing xmltv files and gives you GUI candy. You only need to install the with vdr-plugin-streamdev-server which gives you m3u-playlist which you import into iptv simple pvr client.

Harald

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!