Kathrein Exip 418 - wie bringe ich ihn zum Laufen mit vdr-plugin-satip?

• >> ForcePilot Quirk

Laut Satip Spec (Seite 43) sendet der Client beim tunen

"plts=off" für DVB-S

"plts=off" oder "plts=on" für DVB-S2

Aha, danke für die Aufklärung.

Der Client (vdr+Plugin) muss also die richtige Pilot Einstellung kennen und korrekt senden, wobei im Fall von vdr diese korrekte Einstellung nur in die channels.conf gehört.

Das Plugin sollte diese channels.conf settings nur noch 1:1 weitergeben. Hier immer 'on' zu senden ist doch definitiv falsch.

Hmmm. Was dann für DVB-S2 richtig ist d.h. funktioniert, hängt also vom Server ab gerade weil beides erlaubt ist. Meine Erfahrung hat gezeigt, dass ohne Pilot kein einziger Kanal kommt. Demnach ist der Exip nicht Spec kompatibel.

The problem here is, that VDR defaults to pilot auto and the setting isn't mandatory entry. Most the SAT>IP servers are Linux based and drivers defaults to the same setting, and therefore omitting the "plts" setting is fine for them, but some do require it. For these strictly compliant servers I've enabled the ForcePilot quirk, that defaults to set the pilot tone on for channels missing the channels.conf information - otherwise these servers are returning internal errors. Now, it could it better to default to the off setting, but without forcing this setting most of users don't have to go through and edit their channels.conf.

Thanks for the statement. I did not really go through the channels.conf setting.

Strange is, that in my Android app "SAT>IP" - not a single channel is found. When using "SAT>IP translator" the handover to VLC works like a charm, but the EPG is missing.

If you want to find a fix for the vdr-satip plugin, I could help in debugging, if you let me know how to provide information (see my first post). Tell me and I respond when I can spare the time (might be some weeks right now).

BTW, I did report the pilot tone issue to Kathrein support - no response though after half a week. I post it, if it arrives and is ok to

post.

Thanks again - jfsvdr

VDR Nutzer seit > 10 Jahren. Bisher TT-6400 - seit Update auf Debian Stretch kaputt - nun erste Schritte SAT>IP

• Es gibt hier aber auch noch ein anderes Problem. Und dafür kann das Plugin nichts. Sobald der VDR läuft, nutzt er alle verfügbaren Satleitungen für EPG- Scans usw.

Der EPG Scan kann man auch mit diesem Plugin einbremsen. Hatte das mal für VDR 2.2.0 passend gemacht: https://github.com/REELcoder/vdr-plugin-reelchannellists

VDR: Zotac ZBOX EN860, 16GB RAM, 2 TB HDD, Debian Stretch, vdr-2.2.0, softhddevice, permashift, satip

• >> Meine Erfahrung hat gezeigt, dass ohne Pilot kein einziger Kanal kommt.

Die Einstellung hat nur Einfluss bei Satelliten Transpondern, auf denen *pilot gesendet* wird. Gesendet wird pilot nicht auf jedem Transponder oder Sat, das kann also nicht so richtig sein. Pilot töne erleichtern nur das Synchronisieren der gesendeten Datensymbole, aber gehen auf Kosten der Datenrate.

>>Most the SAT>IP servers are Linux based and drivers defaults to the same setting, and therefore omitting the "plts" setting is fine for them, but some do require it.

3.5.11 Query Syntax

(..)

Queries from SAT>IP clients need to contain all the mandatory parameters. Only complete queries allow a perfect interoperability between all clients and servers. Unknown attributes shall be ignored by the server.

(..)

For DVB-S and DVB-S2 the mandatory parameters in client requests are: (..) ”plts” (..)

No, pilot setting is mandatory on SETUP request. Even if some specific device doesnt need or ignore it, depending on the used demod chip and its version inside.

And for shure, wrong setting here may break functionality (if the devices doesnt ignore this setting). If would be also perfect fine for a vendor

to replace all the chips inside and to sell different hardware, as long as it behaves and looks the same; even with the same server rtcp strings..

>>The problem here is, that VDR defaults to pilot auto and the setting isn't mandatory entry.

Problems should be fixed where the source of the problem is..

If VDR uses 'auto' as a dvb setting; it should actually ask before if a device supports 'auto' for this setting and set it explicitly if not.