HowTo Enable HDMI Output with Fixed Resolution

• Hello!

I have a small problem with my amplifier (I think) but maybe I can fix this easily from yaVDR. So maybe someone can help me...

Every time when my yaVDR (0.6.1) starts so that TV and amplifier are not on then my HDMI output is really strange. So when I turn my amplifier and TV on then I have a really strange resolution or maybe I have only a black screen. Earlier when I used only my TV yaVDR started normally, but now I am using HDMI hub of my amplifier so I think there is some differences how yaVDR recognize HDMI device (Pilips TV vs HK AVR 170) during boot.

I think that this is similar case if I start my yaVDR so that HDMI cable has been unplugged then HDMI output is not initialized during boot up.

So my question is how to set up yaVDR so that I can choose that HDMI output of my NVIDIA card is set up properly in every boot...?

• Good morning.

Can you paste your /etc/X11/xorg.conf?

Generally this file sets up how the graphic card should be configured and on what kind of resolutions it should work and also which type of screen is attached. If your xorg.conf is configured acc. to your TV you can deactivate the auto configutation on start up. I have a similar setup and it works fine for me. Otherwise check out How to setup the xorg.conf .

VDR_1:

Asus J3455-M, GT 710, SSD 240GB, 8GB DDR3, 1x DvbSky S950 with yavdr-ansible (testing)

VDR_2:

AsRock J3455, GT 710, SSD 120GB + SATA 400GB, 8GB DDR3, 1x DvbSky S952 with yavdr-ansible (testing)

VDR_3_Testing:

AtomiPi with Intel Atom x5-Z8350, 2GB DDR3, 16GB eMMC, 1x Sundtekt DVB-S with yavdr-ansible (testing)

• I think that this is similar case if I start my yaVDR so that HDMI cable has been unplugged then HDMI output is not initialized during boot up.

You need to save the wanted display configuration once in the yaVDR webfrontend. This writes the EDID of the connected display device(s) to disk and forces the nvidia driver to use it instead of the currently (dis)connected monitor at startup.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Hello!

Hmm, actually I have never touched to xorg.conf... So it is "original" after installation...

Here is my xorg.conf.yavdr...

Section "Monitor"

Identifier "Monitor0"

VendorName "Unknown"

ModelName "Unknown"

Option "DPMS"

Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "True"

EndSection

Section "Device"

Identifier "Device0"

Driver "nvidia"

VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"

Screen 0

Option "DPI" "100x100"

BusID "PCI:1:0:0"

Option "NoLogo" "True"

Option "UseEvents" "True"

Option "TripleBuffer" "False"

Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"

Option "TwinView" "0"

Option "DynamicTwinView" "0"

Option "OnDemandVBlankinterrupts" "on"

Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"

EndSection

Section "Screen"

Identifier "Screen0"

Device "Device0"

Monitor "Monitor0"

DefaultDepth 24

SubSection "Display"

Depth 24

Modes "nvidia-auto-select"

EndSubSection

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-1"

Option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP-1"

Option "MetaModes" "DFP-1: nvidia-auto-select { ViewPortIn=x, ViewPortOut=x++ }"

EndSection

• Hello!

All Right, I used this yaVDR webfrontend to rescan display and with this option I get correct screen resolution... But I didn't choose "Save"...

So after save this configuration stays there permanently even I update yaVDR ("apt-get update / upgrade")...?

• Hello!

I tested this "Save display configuration" and now it seems to work... Not perfectly but it works... I think that my problem is still somehow HK AVR 170 because I lose all OSD information when I boot yaVDR. But if I choose "rescan display" when yaVDR is running then this OSD information works again (volume information etc. on TV)...

Thanks for your support...

• You need a file which desribes your TV in your configuration. Search for EDID on this Forum or on google. Please paste the created xorg.conf by yavdr after the website configuration. Actually i dont have the frontend accessable on my yavdr installation, so i can only guess what kind if configurations are possible.

VDR_1:

Asus J3455-M, GT 710, SSD 240GB, 8GB DDR3, 1x DvbSky S950 with yavdr-ansible (testing)

VDR_2:

AsRock J3455, GT 710, SSD 120GB + SATA 400GB, 8GB DDR3, 1x DvbSky S952 with yavdr-ansible (testing)

VDR_3_Testing:

AtomiPi with Intel Atom x5-Z8350, 2GB DDR3, 16GB eMMC, 1x Sundtekt DVB-S with yavdr-ansible (testing)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!