New forum skin and software is HORRIBLE!

• I think, only genka has the possibility to add another style to this site.

Well, that is possible, but may not change the things in a way a few users want to have it.

It's possible to change style with WSC3, but that means rather colors, logos and stuff, but size just within a rather small boundery. Outside of that, Forum will look ugly and unusable. So, we will never get back the arrangement of a BurningBoard 2.x ... WSC3 has it's base design, we need to accept.

The header space with the logo did not change compared to the former version ... main menu is a few pixel higher than before. But I think the main problem is, the arrangement of the boxes. That could be maybe changeable ...

Regards

fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Sizing down most of the margins, paddings, minimum heights and some images in the css (as described by CvH in New forum skin and software is HORRIBLE! ) would help to get a little more content on the screen:

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seahawk1986 ()

• It seems you need to be logged in to see the image.

• Sizing down most of the margins, paddings, minimum heights and some images in the css (as described by CvH in New forum skin and software is HORRIBLE! ) would help to get a little more content on the screen:

Probably the easiest solution. And remove (or make optional) those additional boxes like statistics.

• Being logged in doesn't help...

Interesting, I was able to access the image when I was logged in :/ - after re-uploading the attachment it seems to work.

Alternative Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss3q…01pk3/custom_css.png?dl=0

• Sizing down most of the margins, paddings, minimum heights

Padding and margin do help, but just in details. Minimum heights are more difficult, as they may break dependencies ...

Again, I rather think that a re-arrangement of the boxes is the key ... I have played a little to get an idea, see the 1920x1080 screenshot ...

Regards

fnu

Bilder

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Weird indeed - for me displaying the attachment works (loged in, Vivaldi).

Is there an (easy) description of what I'd need to edit to also get that nicer view? Custom override of styles using developer tools?

VDR2: ASRock J4105-ITX, DVBSky S952, openSUSE Tumbleweed, VDR 2.4.7

softhddevice/vaapidevice, DFAtmo, xmltv2vdr, tvscraper, tvguideng, VDRAdmin-AM (alles git, aber alt)

• Now, all the style and "efficiency"-discussions are nothing against the immense loss of information due to not-more-working links to previous threads and search results.

In particular, I found the description of to_h264 and I am not able to get there anymore - VDR wiki page and back, but I can't get to the download link anymore.

• This is a side-by-side comparison with and without custom css hacks.

It would be easy to have more information visible, just by editing css files.

left: original view; right: edited css

See picture..

• Now, all the style and "efficiency"-discussions are nothing against the immense loss of information due to not-more-working links to previous threads and search results.

In particular, I found the description of to_h264 and I am not able to get there anymore - VDR wiki page and back, but I can't get to the download link anymore.

100% agree. You will get used to a new style, but all those non working links, here and google results, this is a "showstopper".

DVB Server Triax TSS400 SAT>IP Server
    VDR Server Synlogy Diskstation DS214play, debian chroot headless streaming Sever, VDR 2.1.7 mit vtuner/satip und vdr-plugin-satip
    VDR Client AMD X2 250, 4GB DDR3, G210 Passiv, 64GB SSD, Antec Fusion Micro iMON, Samsung LE 40 A659, Teufel E300, Logitech Harmony, yaVDR0.5 streamdev-client, (satip & USB DVBSKY S960 fallback)
    VDR Client Raspberry PI B+, raspian wheezy, VDR 2.1.6 mit RpiHDDevice, streamdev-client
    V/A Clients Windows PC's, Tablet, Smartphones via Streamdev or SatIP (UPNP)

• Edit: English translation:

sorry, I wasn't aware of the fact, that somebody opend the thread in English. But that reflects exactly my problem:
    I really am confused that threads now are opend with the last posting an not the first, when clicking on:

https://www.vdr-portal.de/foru…x.php?unread-thread-list/

For somebody like me, who is browsing only every few days the vdr-portal, I need to read the first posting to understand what a thread is about! But now we are redirected to the last one, which is really annoying, because I need to click and scroll a lot to go to the beginning.

So my wish would be to chance back to the old behaviour (wich every other forum I know uses also) or a second link with the new topis that uses the ld behaviour next to a link with new topics that uses the new behaviour.

Thanks to the admins and everybody involved. Your work is very much appreciated!

----

Wollte mich eigentlich nicht einmischen, da mir die Beschränkungen der Portalsoftware zum Teil bekannt sind und ich die Arbeit des Team nicht erschweren möchte. Irgendwie passt man sich schon an, zumal ja auch Gutes bei den Neuerungen ist.

Aber eines nervt mich gewaltig, vielleicht kann man darüber nochmal nachdenken:

Habe einen Shortcut im Firefox in der Bookmarkleiste zu:

https://www.vdr-portal.de/foru…x.php?unread-thread-list/

Dort sehe ich nun neue Themen, die mich evtl. interessieren und wenn ich diese klicke, lande ich immer beim letzten Posting (zu, Bsp. hier:

[Announce] osd2web Plugin ).

Da ich aber das Eingangsposting nicht gelesen habe und es auch nicht sehe, schon gar nicht die Antworten darauf, tappe ich im Dunklen, um was es sich bei diesem Posting handelt. Also beginnt die Klick- und Scrollorgie zum ersten Posting.
    Auch aus anderen Foren kenne ich dieses Verhalten nicht.

Vermutlich gibt es nun auch viele User, die nur das letzte Posting lesen wollen... da sehe ich dann ein Dilemma.

Für mich ist dies neue Verhalten ein echter Showstopper, da ich bei 3-4 Themen nicht 4 mal das erste Posting suchen möchte.

Kann man vielleicht eine zweite Übersicht erzeugen, mit neuen Themen, wo gesagtes verhalten nicht der Fall ist? Dann hätte jeder die Wahl.

Wenn es nicht geht, ist es nicht zu ändern, wie gesagt, man gewöhnt sich ja irgendwie dann doch an alles... aber im Sinne der Usability ist dieses Forenverhalten nicht normal!

Danke auf jeden Fall an alle fleißigen Admins, die im HG werkeln und momentan jede Menge Frust abbekommen.

PS: keine Ahnung, ob es schon besprochen wurde auf den vorherigen Seiten, aber die Übersicht über NEUIGKEITEN (unter den letzten Themen), überneue Plugins, VDR-Versionen usw. fand ich super!

• Lanzi:

You should always share your opinion. Finding out what's wrong with something is the only way to improve it. Sometimes sharing your opinions is met with hostility, such as fnu's response to us, but sometimes the admins/mods actually want to work with the users, as mini73 demonstrated, to make the place better for everyone. Let's hope that Genka agrees with mini73.

• jinx

If you're willing to use the browser extension "Stylish", you may give a style a try, what I created and uploaded to "userstyles.org":

- https://userstyles.org/styles/…-layout-for-vdr-portal-de

The "Stylish" addon is available for Firefox and Chrome, I only work(ed) with Mozilla Firefox.

Lanzi

This thread has been opened by a none nativ user in english, so please respond in english, thank you.

Regards

fnu

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!