New forum skin and software is HORRIBLE!

• fnu: Sorry for the confusion. I added an english translation.

But in fact that really reflects my problem very well, since I hadn't read the first posting today (some days ago, but of course I didn't remember it in english), beacuse when clicking on the link, I was redirected to the last posting (in english as well, I know, but I went straith to the answering-window)

So again, sorry, for the confusion.

• Will there be a Tapatalk-plugin again?

There's actually no Tapatalk plugin available for WSC3. And there's no information if and when might be one available ...

Regards

fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• And there's no information if and when might be one available ...

There is no plan to support it, also the "old" version for 4.1 was horrible.

There is an alternative https://www.wsc-connect.com but no direct replacement.

Minimum heights are more difficult, as they may break dependencies ...

https://pluginstore.woltlab.co…gnifico-grigio-blu-suite/

maybe using this theme and change the colours to your fittings would be the easiest option

Other stuff like Artikel could be disabled in admin.

• CvH

All available styles don't solve the main issues. Changing the style, we still have the same issues in blue, green or black ...

The old portal view is not available anymore and the new design is kind of space wasting. It's possible to arrange boxes kind like the old portal view on the dashboard, but will never be the same.

"Last topics (Letzte Beiträge)" is not the same as it was in former WBB3 version, it seems just a sibling of "Unread topics". There's no box available, reflecting forum structure for the dashboard etc.

We could lower the space wasting, see my user style for "Stylish". But you will find pages which will look uncool to ugly, because the set sizes, padding and margins do bottomline destroy them. If we stick with original arrangement, only 30% is filled with information on a 1920 desktop ...

Regards

fnu

• All available styles don't solve the main issues.

From the pics it looked like the skin is already trimmed down but after testing I saw that it is still the same in different colours. :sleeping:

We could lower the space wasting, see my user style for "Stylish".

I have already done this to our theme because nobody has ever said "oh great space wasting design guys".

Ofc Woltlab is to blame not even providing an alternative what is properly usable at normal HD devices.

At least the board software allows to easily modify/overwrite every single css class - so if someone want to do it it is easily possible without hacking source files.

To provide "style files" is basically like saying sorry the theme sux, we know it, but we don't fix it (throwing these style files into the theme settings would fix it for everyone).

Ofc you find every time someone who wants this or that back, or his ridiculous misusing of an behaviour didn't work anymore and he is crying. But the space wasting of the skin is a real problem that is not fixable due other handling etc, the Woltlab forum is full of negative comments about the theme and there are a lot ppl that don't upgrade from 4.1 due that theme. This isn't something that some users disturb, its is a real problem for everyone who is using just a HD screen.

• At least the board software allows to easily modify/overwrite every single css class - so if someone want to do it it is easily possible without hacking source files.

You're right, I tested it with a WSC3 test installation, it's almost the same CSS code I use for the "Stylish" user style ...

But what I found out is, you can change things, a lot of things, but change on one side, may change something else to the bad on the other side. WSC3 is good solution, but due to it's dependencies it'll be hard, maybe even impossible to change forum in a way we may want it.

e.g. we cannot easily add a search pattern for the topics of the last 24h or topics since last visit ... amongst the other things I already mentioned ...

Regards

fnu

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• e.g. we cannot easily add a search pattern for the topics of the last 24h or topics since last visit ... amongst the other things I already mentioned ...

yes such things can't be easily added, but tbh the unread system superseeds this behaviour so I can understand that this function is missing (why not even optional - idk)

But what I found out is, you can change things, a lot of things, but change on one side, may change something else to the bad on the other side.

Yes this is no 2min task, but doable without wasting days. The styling of the posts is rather easy, the thread overview is rather difficult.

• fnu

Vielleicht kannst Du ja das "alte" Farbschema anwenden. Das Hellblau/Grau der Original-Seite vor der Umstellung sah gar nicht so schlecht aus.

• Nope, sorry, don't have these rights …

[edit] It's not that easy in WSC3, as there is no way just to change/choose a different color theme ...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!