ESXi 6.5 - Problem with a Supermicro motherboard and DD Cine S2 V7a

• Hello

I wonder if anyone has succed with following combination Supermicro and a DD Cine S2 V7a With ESXi?

My setup kinda works but it aint stable, some channels/tuning seems to lock the "driver" sporadicly.
    If I "modeprobe -r ddbridge" and "modprobe ddbridge", I can get it to work again. It is very annoying to keep restart the driver as soon as it hangs.

Anyone?

My setup:
    Supermicro x10srh
    DD Cine S2 V7a - Latest driver
    ESXi 6.5

/sic

• I don't use esxi and don't have a cine s2 v7a. But did you configure "gen1" at your bios settings?

http://support.digital-devices…ledgebase.php?article=172

Greetings Hoppel

frontend software - android tv | libreelec | windows 10 | kodi krypton | emby for kodi | vnsi
    frontend hardware - nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2 | harmony smart control
    -------------------------------------------
    backend software - proxmox | openmediavault | debian jessie | kernel 4.4lts | zfs | emby | vdr | vnsi | fhem
    backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x4tb wd red | raid-z2 | digital devices max s8

• Here you can see the bios settings for the latency timer at my X11-board, which I don't need:

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board18-vdr-hardware/board102-dvb-karten/p1291727-erfolgreich-gelöst-digital-devices-max-s8-und-supermicro-x11ssh-ctf-ein-paar-generelle-fragen/#post1291727

You should give us more information. OS (guest), Kernel, Driver-Version, etc.

Is it possible to test your guest installation bare metal to rule out a virtualization/passthrough error?

Greetings Hoppel

frontend software - android tv | libreelec | windows 10 | kodi krypton | emby for kodi | vnsi
    frontend hardware - nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2 | harmony smart control
    backend software - proxmox | openmediavault | debian jessie | kernel 4.4lts | zfs | emby | vdr | vnsi | fhem
    backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x4tb wd red | raid-z2 | digital devices max s8

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• My Bios doesnt look like yours it seems, I´m missing some of the menys you have. Wierd that X10 and X11 bios differs that much. I have Bios v 2.0a installed.

My OS in the VM is Ubuntu 16.04 - Kernel 4.4.0-83-generic
    Driver right now is herrnst latest. Tested the official DD and Crazycat´s also, but I got the same error on all of them

I don´t have the chance right now to test the server without the ESXi since there are a couple of other servers running on it. If I get a chance to take down the server for some hours I will test.
    Atleast I know that the card works since I have tested it on another server recently. Slow channel switching thou, but atleast it didn´t hang/crash.

/sic

Edit: Just recieved a mail from Supermicro about my issue. They wrote that their LAB has not tested DD Cine s2 v7a so the recommended me to try out the new bios 2.0b to see if it works better.

• I also had problems with my MaxS8 in combination with my Supermicro mainboard. The card was not recognized by the mainboard. Tried a lot of settings, nothing helped. So I got a new MaxS8 and it solved my issue. At the moment I use VDR without virtualization. In the past I used Proxmox with KVM and LXC. But for testing purposes I installed everything bare metal at least for the moment.

Any errors at syslog and what says dmesg?

I don't think that a new bios will help. I also installed new bioses and I also was in contact with Supermicro... ;)

You need to test the cine s2 bare metal to check if it is a hardware incompatibility or a passthrough issue. Maybe you have an unused hdd/ssd laying around, where you can install your guest os and vdr.

Greetings Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!