Softhddevice mit ffmpeg-3.x ?

• Ich habe jetzt mal ffmpeg 3.3 durch 3.2 ersetzt und damit sind die Bildfehler weitaus seltener. Aber halt immer noch nicht ganz weg. Welches ist denn die empfohlene exakte ffmpeg-Version und mit welchen Optionen sollte man die kompilieren? Was könnte ich noch probieren, um die Bildfehler ganz los zu werden?

• Ok, I tried now with ffmpeg 3.1.7, 3.2, 3.2.4, and 3.3 and all of them produce the same ugly flickering/image distortion that are shown in my screenshot in posting#80 of this thread. Some to a higher and some to a lesser extent, but with all version I get this. Since the output via vnsiserver and Kodi is absolutely flawless using vaapi, I will use that for now although I find it oversized for my purpose. I am happy to test again if one of the devs releases a new version, gives me any instruction about what I could test, or has an idea about what is going wrong here.

• OK, I have a new insight. The problem with the flickering/distortion comes from the VAAPI postprocessing. I've now changed video.c in a way that VaapiVideoProcessing is always set to 0. And here we go, no flickering or image distortions anymore (tested with ffmpeg 3.3). However, obviously also no deinterlacing anymore. I will try to find out in the code which functionality of the postprocessing exactly causes the flickerings/distortions.

• Hi,
    For progressive Streams as 1080p and 720p you dont need deinterlacing! Only for SD and 1080i you need it.
    Regards,
    Stefan

Test-VDR1: HP rp5700 Fertigsystem, Core2Duo E6400, 2GB RAM, FF-SD C-2300, nvidia Slim-GT218 x1 | easyVDR 2.0 64Bit
    VDR3: in Rente

VDR4: MSI G31M2 v2, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6" gLCD, E5200, 2GB, 3TB WD Red, GT730, 2x TT S2-3200; easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR5: Gigabyte
    GA-G31M-S2L, Intel E2140, Zotac GT730 passiv, Digitainer2-Geh., t6963c 6 " gLCD, 2 TB WD Red, 2x TT S2-3200 (an 1 Kabel) easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR6:
    Intel E5200, GT630 passiv, F1 750 GB, t6963c gLCD, 2x TT S2-3200 | easyVDR 3.5 64bit
    VDR-User #1068
    www.easy-vdr.de

• Sometimes it is not too bad to debug such a thing. It's the ColorBalance post processing that causes this mess.

When I change line 3841 of file video.c in a way that ColorBalance postprocessing is not done anymore, the problem completely disappears:

Code
    case VAProcFilterColorBalance:

into

Code
    case VAProcFilterColorBalance: break;

Not sure why I need this color balance postprocessing at all, but likelihood is that there is some kind of bug or incompatibility with some libva versions in this code. At least I can now use my VDR with softhddevice again as I am used to :)

• It's the ColorBalance post processing that causes this mess

Are you sure? It might be also the number of allowed concurrent filters. What's the count of color balance filters ("Supported color balance filter count XX" in your logs)? Can you post all the color balance messages in your logs (grep ++)? Could you bisect the problem a bit more: which one(s) of color balance filters break things up? Are you using libva and intel-vaapi-driver version 1.8.1?

Both Antti and I are having Haswell only and therefore can't test any newer chipsets.

• Well, I am not sure. I am only sure that if I comment out the ColorBalance block, things are working fine :)

Ok, let's try to root cause this :)

This is the log you have asked for:

Code
    May  2 17:37:24 lana vdr: video/vaapi: Supported color balance filter count: 4
    May  2 17:37:24 lana vdr: Hue (-180,00 - 180,00 ++ 1,00 = 0,00) (pos = 2)
    May  2 17:37:24 lana vdr: Saturation (0,00 - 10,00 ++ 0,10 = 1,00) (pos = 2)
    May  2 17:37:24 lana vdr: Brightness (-100,00 - 100,00 ++ 1,00 = 0,00) (pos = 2)
    May  2 17:37:24 lana vdr: Contrast (0,00 - 10,00 ++ 0,10 = 1,00) (pos = 2)

vainfo reports vainfo: VA-API version: 0.39 (libva 1.7.0). This is the library and driver that came with Mint 18.1 (same packages as in Ubunut xenial). EDIT: Seems the package I use is i965-va-driver (1.7.0-1)

EDIT: Sorry for my lack of knowledge. My C knowledge is rather poor. At the moment I am a bit challenged to deactivate individual color balance filters...

• So you're actually using drivers that were released 6 months before the Kaby Lake announcement. My first suggestion is to use the latest release version 1.8.1 as there have been plenty of GEN9 fixes and tweaks during the last year. Beside the libva and libva-intel-driver, one should use quite recent libdrm too.

• That's a fair point. I will check if I can find a way to update to the latest drivers without messing up my entire system or package management. If I don't find a way to do so, I will simply comment the ColorBalance filter block out and should be fine for now, too.

• Hi mighty-p,

I've had the very same ugly behavior, plus flickering of the OSD in fullscreen mode.
    I tried various versions of FFMPEG, without avail.
    At that time the versions of the driver and libva were differing, i.e. 1.7.1 vs. 1.7.3 (Kubuntu 16.4), since there is no way to get newer drivers into the system - at least to my knowledge.
    After upgrading to 17.04, both are aligned (1.7.3) and it works flawlessly (FFMPEG V3.2.4).

Best regards,
    Chriss

• (...) (Kubuntu 16.4), since there is no way to get newer drivers into the system - at least to my knowledge.[...]

No need to upgrade to any newer version than 16.04, there are bleeding edge drivers and recent ffmpeg versions available, since I am using Xenial with Vaapi, and that's quite a few months without any flickering so far.
    However, do a Backup before using those PPAs.

• I copied the status when it all was working well with my Xenial Server Installation from these to my own PPA and patched Kodi 17 to play back HEVC videos, if you wish you can try this PPA, last Intel related Update is from February, but as long as I'm satisfied with the packages, I won't update it.
    BTW: It contains no ffmpeg or vdr Packages, so you need those otherwise, or build from scratch.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nc17 ()

• Sorry, I was quite busy/unavailable over the last weeks. Thanks again for everybody's help here. I am pretty sure that upgrading to the latest Intel drivers and VAAPI version (using one of the PPAs mentioned here) would solve the problem. For my case, I still decided to stay with the current system for the moment and wait for Mint to upgrade things (or at least I will wait for upcoming Mint 18.2 and see how things are there and decide then). Reason is that VDR is not the primary use of this PC and I don't want to break anything (also not the possibility to do future Mint upgrades) and that with the mentioned patch to video.c, at least H.264 and MPEG work absolutely flawlessly (HEVC not, there video and audio get out of sync - I guess new driver/VAAPI versions would also solve this).

• This weekend I have upgraded Mint to the new 18.2 "Sonya" release, but unfortunately it still ships libva 1.7.0 (no wonder - since Mint 18.2 is still based on Ubuntu xenial). I tried to activate the ColorBalance filter again (undoing my change described in Softhddevice mit ffmpeg-3.x ?), and - no big surprise - the horizontal line flickering was back.

I did some Internet research and I believe this this flickering is exactly the bug described here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=95349
    and the libva commit that fixed it is this here: https://lists.freedesktop.org/…bva/2016-June/004030.html

This fix is in libva from version 1.7.2 on, so any older version should have this horizontal flickering on "BDW+" (I think this refers to Broadwell chipsets and newer).

I wonder if it makes sense to deactivate in the softhddevice VAAPI VPP git (rofafor and pesintta) the color balance filter via an "#if" for libva<1.7.2 (for Intel) since I am pretty confident that there are still many people that use the current Mint or the LTS version of Ubuntu (xenial) that has libva 1.7.0.

With latest softhddevice VAAPI VPP git (pesintta) and this small patch, normal SD (MPEG2), satellite HD (H.264) and DVB-T2 (HEVC) work very, very well now on my Mint 18.2 system with Kabylake.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!